Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Neither does Toei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Pureauthor posted:

Neither does Toei

since when did goku pay attention to king kai?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jedah posted:

At some point I hope you decide to watch all of Fist of the North Star, because it's incredibly good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZxk_ToK1MI&t=54s
Yeah that looks like my kind of jam. One day I'll watch through it, after I've worked through more of backlog.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

In-fiction he has incentive to do that. Going overboard with Kaio-Ken fucks up his body royally, enough that he probably gets a pretty sizeable Zenkai from it.

Not that that was likely taken into consideration for this.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

-Fish- posted:

In-fiction he has incentive to do that. Going overboard with Kaio-Ken fucks up his body royally, enough that he probably gets a pretty sizeable Zenkai from it.

man i'm so glad the zenkai concept got ditched

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Haha Goku is straight up the villain and it's a good story so far

Caros
May 14, 2008

-Fish- posted:

Yinlock posted:

man i'm so glad the zenkai concept got ditched

One of the good things from the Super manga is it explicitly has Trunks pointing out that the Saiyans no longer benefit from Zenkai, and that Zamasu only does so due to the weird intermingling of Zamasu with Goku's body.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
That fight was pretty cool and got to show off Goku's battle smarts again.

I like how they're greying the morality a bit. Goku wasn't allowed to hold back at the cost of ALL universes being destroyed, but he also was completely fine with being declared a "villain" because of it because it means the best of the universes will be out to get HIM. There's not much he CAN do about what Zeno asked of him, but he's more than a little eager because of its implications.

Toppo is great, too. ALLY OF GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO GOKU.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I love that Goku's reaction to being declared the enemy of all universes is basically "Sure, whatever." It just means everyone will be sending their best against him, so he just rolls with it.

Prediction: Zeno has no intention of destroying any universe, he's just trying to give his cool friend Goku good fights.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up like that

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Goddamn how do these episodes keep on ruling?

DBS is like opposite DBGT and i love it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku has been the best villain of Dragon Ball Super, and there's plenty of evidence to support this now.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm happy with the decisions for this tournament. We've already got more than 25 years worth of 1v1 DB tournaments. They are exploring new territory now and I'm excited to see what comes out of it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I love that Goku's reaction to being declared the enemy of all universes is basically "Sure, whatever." It just means everyone will be sending their best against him, so he just rolls with it.

Prediction: Zeno has no intention of destroying any universe, he's just trying to give his cool friend Goku good fights.

From how he has been in this arc he's just us/the audience(or at least his reactions have been mirroring mine) he just wants to see cool fights, but make sure Goku gets the best because he's the coolest.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm happy with the decisions for this tournament. We've already got more than 25 years worth of 1v1 DB tournaments. They are exploring new territory now and I'm excited to see what comes out of it

They've had practice with the style with the Resurrection F saga.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What were you fucks doubting Master Roshi about again?

Flight's disabled bitches Roshi's time to shine

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

The impression I got was that flight's fine as long as your over the ring, but out of bounds is out of bounds, so you're going down like a brick as soon as you're past that line.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

The impression I got was that flight's fine as long as your over the ring, but out of bounds is out of bounds, so you're going down like a brick as soon as you're past that line.

No flight is out period.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

No flight is out period.

Yep flight is useless in Void World, with that being said why is there flying in the OP?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Not flying; jump good.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yep flight is useless in Void World, with that being said why is there flying in the OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwbqr2UjeSg

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Seeing as Toppo is supposed to be the top dog of his universe and yet in the opening we see Alien dude fighting Goku I'm starting to wonder whether

Goku gets carried away and accidentally ends up killing Toppo in their upcoming fight setting up Alien in a vendetta against Goku

or whether Toppo will purposedly Obi Wan it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So instead of a tournament, we're getting an all out battle royal? I bet we're going t get some awesome team moves.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I wonder what happens in the event there's a tie? It seems likely after the time limit expires we could have multiple universes tied for first, which would probably be a good way to make sure universe 6 stays around

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

I really don't think the lack of flight is what was keeping Roshi from the level of people like the Trio de Dangers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm really excited for the no flying battle royal, that should have some cool stuff

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
On the other hand, now that the Tournament has been confirmed as a battle royale they will have a hard time to justify why they didn't bring Goten and Trunks and just have them fuse into Gotenks outside of "Chichi bitched about it".

After all the match just lasts 48 minutes, so as long as they don't go SSJ3 they can just stall and take down the smaller fry separatedly for the first minutes, then fuse and be more useful than frigging Roshi and Tenshinhan.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

lezard_valeth posted:

On the other hand, now that the Tournament has been confirmed as a battle royale they will have a hard time to justify why they didn't bring Goten and Trunks and just have them fuse into Gotenks outside of "Chichi bitched about it".

After all the match just lasts 48 minutes, so as long as they don't go SSJ3 they can just stall and take down the smaller fry separatedly for the first minutes, then fuse and be more useful than frigging Roshi and Tenshinhan.

Tien's duplicate skill that's different than the normal afterimage would actually be pretty useful in this fight. Also, a pair of preteens aren't likely to do well at situational awareness and strategic thinking, which The Great Outdoor Tournament seems likely to lean hard on.

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Maybe? He doesn't seem to care one way or another. The younger one probably also knew Goku was going to win that fight, so promising whatever to Bergamo wasn't really a risk.

Slightly Absurd posted:

I wonder what happens in the event there's a tie? It seems likely after the time limit expires we could have multiple universes tied for first, which would probably be a good way to make sure universe 6 stays around

Prediction - the other Universes decide to knock U7 out of the ring, then try to end up with the same numbers of each of them still in. Somehow Krillin gets missed, an eight way tie is declared, Krillin saves the universe.

How angry is Vegeta going to be that he gets invited to what is almost certainly the best fight to ever happen, but he gets stuck on a team with Roshi, Krillin, and the Triclops?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm pretty sure modern day Vegeta is going to be more enraged that Goku is putting his newborn daughter in danger.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

they just said that teamwork is important, so bringing the literal children with a history of playing around when it matters isn't the best idea

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if Goku will at any point realize the gravity of the situation he's in and just how many people are going to die because of him?

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

It's also interesting how Goku seems to be depending on Gohan again for the next tournament. I wonder if we might see some new fusion dance combinations to beef up some of the weaker fighters

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Everything will be fine. They have Gohan...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Slightly Absurd posted:

It's also interesting how Goku seems to be depending on Gohan again for the next tournament. I wonder if we might see some new fusion dance combinations to beef up some of the weaker fighters

No I'm pretty sure that's just because it's a tactics focused tournament and Gohan's smart

Like this episode makes it pretty clear. Power is secondary to just being able to get your opponent out of the ring.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
"Goku is the villain" is fun and all, but Zeno's the one who decided to make the tournament about erasing universes, since he's erasing universes already, Goku can't really defy him by softballing vs Bergamo, either. If he lost without going at least as far as he did vs Hit, it's not like Zeno wouldn't notice. And then what?

Sure, proclaiming "If I'm the villain, so what, come at me bro" probably isn't the best way to go, but it is the hand Zeno (or the high priest) started to deal him, and the role Bergamo hung on him.

Also:

Pureauthor posted:

I'm pretty sure modern day Vegeta is going to be more enraged that Goku is putting his newborn daughter in danger.
At first, yeah, but saiyans are dumb punch monkeys all the way down. It's their blessing and their curse. Even Gohan was getting hype during the exhibition match, and was under no illusion Goku was going to do anything other than wreck Bergamo.

I'm begining to wonder if the earlier theory that this is a plan by the HP to destroy U7/Goku and Vegeta/take over the universe is actually true. SSB actually shocked all the gods present, so the idea that mortals could tap into god power seems to be super-duper rare or unique to U7 sayains, and could be a threat somehow. And U6 has a planet full of sayains left (possibly with many of them "pure hearted" or whatever it was to participate in the ritual that powered up Goku in the first place.

Man, I think maybe Beerus hosed up on a cosmic level here. Or Whis is in on it with his dad, and helped push all this into happening? Or this is Dragonball, I'm smelling my own theoretical farts, and the answer will be "training, punching, and friendship win every time".

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
GOKU

STOP RELYING ON GOHAN AS YOUR PLOT DEVICE

He is nowhere NEAR as strong as you anymore thanks to God Ki! Unless you plan to share that advantage

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What happens if Buu absorbs one of the other fighters? Does that count as killing him or eliminating him?

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

"Goku is the villain" is fun and all, but Zeno's the one who decided to make the tournament about erasing universes, since he's erasing universes already, Goku can't really defy him by softballing vs Bergamo, either. If he lost without going at least as far as he did vs Hit, it's not like Zeno wouldn't notice. And then what?

Sandbag the beam struggle. Zeno was already aware SSJBKKx10 hosed up Goku's body. Already knew Goku was the type to take his time with his opponents. Play around in SSJBKKx10 for a while, sandbag the beam struggle, then cramp up and lose.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Rhonne posted:

What happens if Buu absorbs one of the other fighters? Does that count as killing him or eliminating him?

Buu has to jump off too, like Kirby in Smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So how bullshit would it be if they won thanks to Tien going multiform at the last minute

• Locked thread