Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm curious about Curtis Samuel. Can anyone who watched a lot of Ohio State give me some info? It feels like he would have been a lot more productive on a team with a better QB situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Tim Williams was arrested for having a gun and now admits to failing "multiple" drug tests, having missed 1/2 game to suspension last year with Alabama lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ugh, I guarantee he's a Raven if he lasts to the 48th pick.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ehud posted:

I'm curious about Curtis Samuel. Can anyone who watched a lot of Ohio State give me some info? It feels like he would have been a lot more productive on a team with a better QB situation.
How much did you like Percy Harvin?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ehud posted:

He'd be an amazing RB in a system that uses him right (as a hybrid WR out of the backfield).

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Watching Cooper Kupp I can't help but imagine a B- version of Jarvris Landry. Unless of course he goes to the Pats, then he'll dominate the league in "playing the game the right way" :911:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I hope the Lions draft a first-round wide receiver.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is John Ross the #1 WR now?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kirios posted:

Health issues probably prevent that. In an injury free world, yes.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Coldforge posted:

Health issues probably prevent that. In an injury free world, yes.

With the injury history, is he worth a top 15 pick?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Surely a 4.22 40 means he's fully recovered from the ACL. The shoulder surgery a much more minor concern IMO.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

actually, most people find that they can run a 4.22 40 with a torn acl. you just can't cut

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
He'd be a good fit on the Panthers but I'm worried about him not having a 46 in vertical to catch Cam's passes

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cavauro posted:

actually, most people find that they can run a 4.22 40 with a torn acl. you just can't cut

So you're saying wait for the three cone to make sure his patella doesn't fly through the stadium windows

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

Depends. He plays like a #1 but he's still kinda short for the position and has small hands. The explosion is there but he wasn't one of the faster shuttle times so it's not like he's some sort of slot wizard.

I still have him and JuJu in the top 50 with Mike Williams in the top 25.

I wish I saw more of the combine today instead of spending it in a stupid hospital

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
double post

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Cavauro posted:

I believe you'll find that most people cannot in fact run a 4.22 40

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I hope you're alright daltos

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

zimbomonkey posted:

I believe you'll find that you were replying to Cavauro.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I apologise for thoughtlessly joshing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

reckless joshes have been known to kill at times

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

aBagorn posted:

With the injury history, is he worth a top 15 pick?

My top WRs have been (in order) Mike Williams, John Ross, Corey Davis, Cooper Kupp, JuJu Schuster, Zay Jones, Taywan Taylor, Chris Godwin, KD Cannon, and Dede Westbrook for a while now. With maybe Chad Hansen in there instead of Dede, just for size & potential alone. It's a pretty impressive WR class (and TEs, and pass rush, and RB, and pretty much everything other than OT or maybe QB, depending on your immediate need for a starter).

Hell yes Ross is worth a top 15 pick.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tight ends are fast this year. I don't know if Engram should really count since he might be a WR (if he does 4.43 at TE is ridiculous), but there were a bunch of other guys between 4.5 and 4.65.

Dude from Alabama's probably still easily the first off the board but Bucky Hodges from VT is doing some work with the physical tests and looked pretty good in the receiving drills to me too.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So are the Titans drafting John Ross now or what

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

zimbomonkey posted:

Only if I'm trying to make it from the truck to the toilet before an explosion happens.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Grittybeard posted:

Tight ends are fast this year. I don't know if Engram should really count since he might be a WR (if he does 4.43 at TE is ridiculous), but there were a bunch of other guys between 4.5 and 4.65.

Dude from Alabama's probably still easily the first off the board but Bucky Hodges from VT is doing some work with the physical tests and looked pretty good in the receiving drills to me too.

I think you can count Engram as a TE. He'll probably be a pretty garbage blocker at TE but within the standards of the NFL now.

The weird one for me is George Kittle. He doesn't play nearly as fast as he looks like on the field. Blocks like a motherfucker though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Todd Mcshay just said one of the QB prospects is somewhere between Brett Favre and Johnny Manziel.

Is he also somewhere between 4'6" and 6'8"?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A successful gunslinger and a pitifully unsuccessful one?

Alternately a successful addict or a pitifully unsuccessful one?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

TBeats posted:

Todd Mcshay just said one of the QB prospects is somewhere between Brett Favre and Johnny Manziel.

Mahomes?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

TBeats posted:

So somewhere between beating girlfriend in the GT-R and sending dick pics to a team intern?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Can someone explain Mike Williams's lovely vert? Is that gonna hurt him?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dalvin is as dumb as frank gore so he will be really good for many years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

dalvin is as dumb as frank gore so he will be really good for many years

Surely he's smart enough to know he needs to try at the combine? No? Oh.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

zimbomonkey posted:

Can someone explain Mike Williams's lovely vert? Is that gonna hurt him?

Nah to both. Guy's basically a bigger Anquan Boldin, strong hands and great body control are his game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Imagine being a defensive back and seeing Ross and Tyreek on the other side...

Let's trade up and find out. Okay we need more first round picks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So the white running back had the fastest three cone drill as well.

Yeah, he's gonna be a Patriot.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Switzer also had an amazing combine and a hell of a good gauntlet.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

ShakeZula posted:

There was some discussion of it a while back. I ran last year's and it went pretty well, so I'd be willing to do it again if no one else wants to do it. I think I started the actual drafting at the end of March/start of April, and we got into the fifth round.

Hell yes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What happened with Dalvin Cook? I thought he was having a pretty good Combine overall (or at least good enough to not hurt his stock), but then he poo poo the bed in the 3-cone and shuttle runs, and ended up with one of the lowest SPARQ scores among RBs. https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

Imagine being a defensive back and seeing Ross and Tyreek on the other side...

Let's trade up and find out. Okay we need more first round picks.
I'd imagine a lot of :laugh: when they realize Alex Smith is the QB.

And I'd imagine that Cook didn't really prepare for the combine at all and is now gonna have to train his loving rear end off to turn in a strong pro day

• Locked thread