Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The only way A&M has been able to score all season is through Robert Williams dunks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
jesus christ illinois

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thank you Illinois, now gently caress off of the bubble.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
God damnit Illinois.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU has now lost to multiple teams that lost to Rutgers

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky wins but these slow starts are going to come back to bite them if they keep doing it into the tournament.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Devin Robinson just disrespected the gently caress outta Vandy

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mastershakeman posted:

Illinois gonna lose to rutgers to set up their 3rd humiliating win over Northwestern, sending both teams to the nit

*checks off first box, underlines second *

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Florida can't loving put Vandy away and they are playing like idiots right now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm rationalizing a loss to Vandy now.

It doesn't really do anything to Florida right? They still get the 2nd seed in the SECT and they are in tourney soooo it could be worse?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Live by the three, get hosed by the three.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Kim Anderson appears to be ending his tenure at Mizzou with exactly ZERO true road wins

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Would have appreciated Florida not choking there. At least Maryland beat Michigan State, now Iowa can finish in a tie for 5th.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mike_V posted:

Kim Anderson appears to be ending his tenure at Mizzou with exactly ZERO true road wins

Trust the process, IMO.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Markkanen is good.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
The Lady Boilers came back from 15 down against IU yesterday, and today they beat #1 seed Ohio St by double digits to make it to the conf. tournament finals.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Oakland just crashed out of the Horizon tournament on this play, so Valpo's chances get way better.
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/838186014065709056

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol Grayson allen

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

elentar posted:

Oakland just crashed out of the Horizon tournament on this play, so Valpo's chances get way better.

And now Valpo is losing to freaking Milwaukee with eight minutes to go...

Edit: with Milwaukee's win the Horizon semifinals will now have the 9 and 10 seed.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 5, 2017

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

San Diego State's offense looks like Steve Fisher.

Too bad New Mexico's forgotten that you need to score.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tarheels doing God's work.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I don't expect it to last into the second half, but Pacific is forcing Gonzaga into some ugly basketball.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

Dammit Grizz!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tarheels doing God's work.

When UNC plays Duke, only Satan ever wins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

lol Grayson allen

Is this a free throw reference

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

Is this a free throw reference

Nah he was driving, elbowed a UNC defeder in the head, then threw his head back like he'd been hit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone know what the worst regular season record a team had while still making it into the NCAA tournament because they went on a tear and somehow won their poo poo conference tourney?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone know what the worst regular season record a team had while still making it into the tournament because they went on a tear and won their poo poo conference tourney?

Off the top of my head Holy Cross had like 14 wins going in last year and I remember Miami Ohio doing that too like a decade ago.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone know what the worst regular season record a team had while still making it into the NCAA tournament because they went on a tear and somehow won their poo poo conference tourney?

Georgia a few years back was pretty bad and made it in that way.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kiimo posted:

I haven't smoked a camel in 15 years and yet here I am wanting one

I used to smoke Camel lights, quit 7 years ago. Had one on Halloween as Ray Stanz and just could not believe how I ever smoked those on the reg.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That made me wonder which team had the worst conference record and then won their conference tournament. (since some of those teams with the worst overall records actually have decent conference records due to being in the SWAC or MEAC or whatever)

It looks like 96/97 Fairfield takes that crown. They went 2-12 in the MAAC in the regular season and then went 3-0 in the conference tournament. Kinda funny.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't think there is any stopping this UCLA team

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Jacksonville State became the first team into the tournament last night (and got their first-ever bid!) by winning the OVC. At 1 Campbell plays for the glory of the camel against Winthrop in the Big South final.

Best game of the day should be Wichita State and Illinois State for Valley champ, on the off chance that the committee screws over the loser and that it's Gregg Marshall and something finally pops in his brain.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa's gonna lose to loving penn state and make this bubble talk sound even dumber than it already was.

Thankfully big ten network appears to have taken a poo poo so no one will have to see it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pete Jok played 5 minutes and had 1 point in the first half

He has 17 with 12:30 left in the 2nd. :swoon:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

drat, Iowa looks good. 2 wins in the BTT and they are in for sure I think. Would be nice for Indiana to get the 10 seed and Minnesota to get the 2 seed, just for the RPI bump.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also Dale Jones, a senior who played like 5 minutes all year because of injuries got to start for senior night and drilled a 3 on his first shot. It was his first points all season :unsmith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A-Sun final is about to tip off on ESPN, and you should be watching because Dunk City is involved and the other team is called the Ospreys.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

A-Sun final is about to tip off on ESPN, and you should be watching because Dunk City is involved and the other team is called the Ospreys.

Dunk City isn't really a thing anymore is it?

What happened to that coach, I remember someone hired him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grittybeard posted:

Dunk City isn't really a thing anymore is it?

They actually have more dunks this year than in their Sweet 16 run.

quote:

What happened to that coach, I remember someone hired him.

Andy Enfield, went to USC after that tournament. He's doing fine.

• Locked thread