Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I cleaned my bubbler yesterday and loaded it up with kief, then half of it pulled through :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to make hash without stinking up the apartment with weed smell? I've never done it before and I have a lot of kief sitting around.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Tendai posted:

Is it possible to make hash without stinking up the apartment with weed smell? I've never done it before and I have a lot of kief sitting around.

my wife only complained about the strong alcohol smell in the bathroom

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hardawn posted:

thursday was clean grinder with alcohol day

saturday is for hash

What do you do, pour it out and let it evaporate?

I usually just get whatever kief out I can with a brush and consider the crusted stuff lost, the idea of saving the alcohol and letting it evap weird me out a bit.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016
Love to smoke weed and would so regularly, but unfortunately I can't afford a half ounce a week. I can't even afford a half ounce at all.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I have so much AVB that's been around for months and I'm too lazy to make edibles, but I'm loathe to throw it out and waste it. That's all.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Kelp Me! posted:

What do you do, pour it out and let it evaporate?

I usually just get whatever kief out I can with a brush and consider the crusted stuff lost, the idea of saving the alcohol and letting it evap weird me out a bit.

I brush works pretty great, but you really forgot the feel of how good a clean grinder...Well grinds.

But yeah you let it evaporate. I set it up by a window and have a fab to blow across a dish out the window. You really only need just enough alcohol to slosh on all the parts. Using more just increases dry time.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Faffel posted:

I have so much AVB that's been around for months and I'm too lazy to make edibles, but I'm loathe to throw it out and waste it. That's all.

Don't waste it. Give it to me.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Is it rly worth making edibles? I did coconut butter once and it was ok, I'd emulsify it in coffee and I think it worked a bit. I have at least an ounce of AVB now. Maybe two.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean, it's a different kind of high, so whether it's worth it will depend. Edibles tend to be much more couch-lock, stare blankly for me and sometimes I want that but usually I just want enough chill to take my natural "HI MY NAME IS TENDAI AND I'M CHRONICALLY ANXIOUS" edge off.

I like this thread because I can ask my dumb amateur-stoner questions like will hash stink up the house making it. Thanks weed bros

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

I cleaned my bubbler yesterday and loaded it up with kief, then half of it pulled through :smith:

:rip: your kief you gotta use a bedrock of nug or stem SOMETHING other than kief dust then pull very gently.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
got high on kief + bud and now i'm eating the pickled garlic from kimchi welp tastes good

soju tastes like sadness tho

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tendai posted:

got high on kief + bud and now i'm eating the pickled garlic from kimchi welp tastes good

soju tastes like sadness tho

gotta drop the soju in beer

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't have beer but I am considering mixing it with pear juice

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
smoked herb and not keif for the first time in days, got so smacked I almost couldn't drive home

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

a bone to pick posted:

smoked herb and not keif for the first time in days, got so smacked I almost couldn't drive home

whoa weird are you me

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

whoa weird are you me

yeah, you forgot to log out of this account

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Faffel posted:

Is it rly worth making edibles? I did coconut butter once and it was ok, I'd emulsify it in coffee and I think it worked a bit. I have at least an ounce of AVB now. Maybe two.

You can extract it to coconut oil and use the coconut oil topically instead of eating it. Depending on how strong you make it, rubbing it on sore muscles will either not get you high or will only get you mildly high. And it works pretty well for muscles that are tight and cramping up. And if you do want to use the topical for getting high, you can rub it on the insides of your wrists, where the veins are close to the surface and you'll definitely feel the effects that way.

You can also mix some with a strong vodka or 151 and make a tincture. That's also technically edibles, but most people use only a drop or two of tincture, and I think a lot of it gets absorbed in their mouth (so maybe the high is different than edibles?). I haven't tried it yet though, so I can't offer a personal comparison. And I would assume a tincture doesn't really go bad for a long, long time.

EDIT: The topical oil is also really good for rashes, eczema or other skin conditions. My husband has bad eczema on his hands that cause his palms to crack open and bleed. He tried a bunch of steroid creams and lotions and he would have to put them on every single night, sleep with gloves on top of the lotion and then it would slowly improve over the course of doing that every 2-3 weeks. I had him use the extracted oil that I made instead, and every time he uses it, his eczema is 90% gone after 2 applications. It comes back eventually, but the treatment is drastically quicker and easier than all his other prescription creams.

Mnemosyne fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 5, 2017

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
wow that's the most hippy weed post I've seen on SA thusfar and is reminiscent of the packaging I used to read at the MMJ shop

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I kinda wanna try the topical oil thing bc I have some spots on my hands that are kinda like that and nothing really helps that much but on the other hand if I have weed I wanna smoke it you know?

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Moridin920 posted:

I kinda wanna try the topical oil thing bc I have some spots on my hands that are kinda like that and nothing really helps that much but on the other hand if I have weed I wanna smoke it you know?

That's the magic of using a vaporizer, because you can "smoke" (well, vape) it, then save the used up stuff for making topicals or edibles.

EDIT: If you lived anywhere near me, I'd just give you some of mine, because like Faffel, I have too drat much of it.

500 good dogs posted:

wow that's the most hippy weed post I've seen on SA thusfar and is reminiscent of the packaging I used to read at the MMJ shop

I'm pretty sure I'm not a real hippie. I don't own any patchouli, and I don't compost. I do have quinoa though, so maybe.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Mnemosyne posted:

put them on every single night, sleep with gloves on top of the lotion and then it would slowly improve over the course of doing that every 2-3 weeks.

Are you married to the guy from Of Mice & Men? Just kidding, that sucks for his hands.
I know of some lubricants with THC in them I bet there are hand creams out there too.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

broken clocks, etc. Israeli Cabinet Makes Move to Decriminalize Recreational Marijuana Use

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The past couple days I've gotten these really bad headaches in my neck/lower head, and when I smoke the pain immediately goes away. God bless this stuff.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
sometimes it even makes me happy

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

(((weed)))

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i wanna get Israeli weed so I can get real baked and then say "the jews did this"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

sometimes it even makes me happy

It does that too but it is almost magical how I can have a horrible headache and then 15 seconds after I exhale it is completely gone. :unsmith:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
waiting for a bag of lemon kush to get dropped off at 9 in the morning cause my dealer is not a total burn out and wakes up early just like me :downs:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
update: it's beautiful :swoon:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My goal is to smoke a weed that has a name

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

Decarbox the weed first -- if u dunno, this means take nug(s), wrap it in tin foil and bake at 250F for 15 mins. This is not hot enough to vape the THC, but creates some kind of chemical change in it that makes it more soluble.
It also makes the weed dry and fragile which is nice because you want to grind it up very fine.
Then just make nutella cracker sandwiches with the weed in them, I like to mix up the weed and nutella in a shotglass before spreading, other people like to spread the butter first, then sprinkle the weed on it.
Wrap in tinfoil and bake for 20-25 mins at 300 or 325, I usually do 300 but I think lately I've been doing 325 by accident and it was fine. Googling you see an even wider range, I don't think it matters much as long as you are above 300 but not hot enough to burn the weed

Sad that AV got banned because this recipe worked out great last time I tried it and I'm about to try it again

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Don't forget if you're using ABV weed you can skip the decarbox step!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm using kief, idk what aBV weed even is.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Already been vaped. If you save the weed you vaped you can reuse it for edibles

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Mnemosyne posted:

You can extract it to coconut oil and use the coconut oil topically instead of eating it. Depending on how strong you make it, rubbing it on sore muscles will either not get you high or will only get you mildly high. And it works pretty well for muscles that are tight and cramping up. And if you do want to use the topical for getting high, you can rub it on the insides of your wrists, where the veins are close to the surface and you'll definitely feel the effects that way.

You can also mix some with a strong vodka or 151 and make a tincture. That's also technically edibles, but most people use only a drop or two of tincture, and I think a lot of it gets absorbed in their mouth (so maybe the high is different than edibles?). I haven't tried it yet though, so I can't offer a personal comparison. And I would assume a tincture doesn't really go bad for a long, long time.

EDIT: The topical oil is also really good for rashes, eczema or other skin conditions. My husband has bad eczema on his hands that cause his palms to crack open and bleed. He tried a bunch of steroid creams and lotions and he would have to put them on every single night, sleep with gloves on top of the lotion and then it would slowly improve over the course of doing that every 2-3 weeks. I had him use the extracted oil that I made instead, and every time he uses it, his eczema is 90% gone after 2 applications. It comes back eventually, but the treatment is drastically quicker and easier than all his other prescription creams.

If I mixed some shatter/oil with coconut oil all I'd need to do to have it ready to use would be to melt them together and mix, right?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My guy just stopped by, smoked a joint with me, dropped some stuff off and peaced. How loving cool is that.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
gonna smoke some weed and do some CALCULATIONS

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

o god my guy just told me he's most likely getting out of the business with no likely successor :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

o god my guy just told me he's most likely getting out of the business with no likely successor :smithicide:

welcome to my life