Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Anyone else finding that the game starts to get boring the better you get? Combat slows way down, no one wants to attack, and it just turns into one or two moves. I can't stand watching streamers anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Finally got to Apollyon on realistic in the story and this very well may be the most I've ever hated a game.

The segment where you have to shoot the lanterns with the bow? Pick up the fire bow, don't use it. Run around, wait for it to respawn.

I walked into the final boss fight with 11 arrows and just shot her to death.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Finally got to Apollyon on realistic in the story and this very well may be the most I've ever hated a game.

The fact that she might as well have telegraphed her strikes with semaphore beforehand made her a lot less of a bitch than the orochi viking boss, in my opinion. She was kind of baby's first warden. Maybe I just got lucky.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wow I am loving terrible with the Peacemaker in MP.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

1500 posted:

Anyone else finding that the game starts to get boring the better you get? Combat slows way down, no one wants to attack, and it just turns into one or two moves. I can't stand watching streamers anymore.

I kind of feel that way too. Seems like most players are super passive and just waiting for parries now since getting one massively shifts the battle in your favor or outright wins it if you are on a map with nothing but ledges.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

FunkMonkey posted:

The fact that she might as well have telegraphed her strikes with semaphore beforehand made her a lot less of a bitch than the orochi viking boss, in my opinion. She was kind of baby's first warden. Maybe I just got lucky.

I found the Emperor in the Samurai campaign to be the absolute hardest fight in the game. He is just relentless and pushes your poo poo in SO FAST you barely know what happened.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Fuzz posted:

I found the Emperor in the Samurai campaign to be the absolute hardest fight in the game. He is just relentless and pushes your poo poo in SO FAST you barely know what happened.

A fair point. Personally, he was so much like normal orochis in multiplayer that I was like "yeah, fine, I know your kind." I couldn't even tell you why viking boss gave me such trouble, but I had more deaths taking him down than the rest of the game as a whole. Weird how certain things give different people trouble.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Boy oh boy do people not like valkyrie combos at all. Perfected a berserker who was not happy with me

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Roman faction is of the difficulty scrubmode.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What the hell are you trying to say?

Edit; Okay I see it now. Who is that guy testing them? Is he streaming their play?

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
I don't care how lovely the Centurion may end up being, I'm maining the poo poo out of him. Sorry, Orochi. Your two attacks don't compare to Centurion's fashion.

He looks like he's going to be annoying.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 5, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

atleast dying doesn't restart the entire mission over like the other boss battles.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Has this game still not been patched lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Has this game still not been patched lol

it has...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zzulu posted:

it has...
pc yes consoles no

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

1500 posted:

There was a 2v2 brawl tournament streamed yesterday. Timed rounds. Both players of both teams start facing one another. This meant that the turtle meta would not work. Teams that tried to fight it like two separate 1v1 'honorable' duels got beat. Most play was fast, dynamic and involved full tool kits for the heroes (except warlord maybe which seemed to still be a headbutt machine). I found it entertaining to watch and feel it showed the edges of what the potential for the game might be when it isn't a defense is king 1v1 thing. The teams that had a sort of dps/Tank mindset and effectively switched from target to target, peeled/tanked did the best.

The lack of spectator mode meant that the commentator had to be ritually murderized at the beginning of each round. I feel this should be related to as a feature and left in.

I think 4v4 and 2v2 modes could turn into something pretty cool with few changes and it sounds like those are possible.

I don't know how it is the better you get since I wasn't really better and now still have a hiatus for a couple from being able to play (hence watchingsuffering through streams).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How many times has this been posted

https://gfycat.com/RichEasyBullfrog

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That was a roller-coaster

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Keegers posted:

Roman faction is of the difficulty scrubmode.

Wish we could see his weapons! The picture portrait on the left makes it look like he's holding a spear instead of a gladius, maybe a pilum?

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Sogol posted:

There was a 2v2 brawl tournament streamed yesterday. Timed rounds. Both players of both teams start facing one another. This meant that the turtle meta would not work. Teams that tried to fight it like two separate 1v1 'honorable' duels got beat. Most play was fast, dynamic and involved full tool kits for the heroes (except warlord maybe which seemed to still be a headbutt machine). I found it entertaining to watch and feel it showed the edges of what the potential for the game might be when it isn't a defense is king 1v1 thing. The teams that had a sort of dps/Tank mindset and effectively switched from target to target, peeled/tanked did the best.

The lack of spectator mode meant that the commentator had to be ritually murderized at the beginning of each round. I feel this should be related to as a feature and left in.

I think 4v4 and 2v2 modes could turn into something pretty cool with few changes and it sounds like those are possible.

I don't know how it is the better you get since I wasn't really better and now still have a hiatus for a couple from being able to play (hence watchingsuffering through streams).

I think that is going to be the answer. The game just does not work as a 1v1. But shits want to play a 2v2 as though its a 1v1 so it is going to be hard to get the community to change.

1500 fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 5, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Warlord tracking enemies as he flies through the air to the point he can spin in a loving circle needs to go.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Just wiped off entire enemy team that were in sudden death. 4 enemy were all attacking me (Warden) and I was cornered, so I just used Catapult and wiped them off for a win. :smug: Performing No Honor, one match at a time!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Warlord tracking enemies as he flies through the air to the point he can spin in a loving circle needs to go.

No, this is loving great, so is the Berserker one.

Xeremides posted:

I don't care how lovely the Centurion may end up being, I'm maining the poo poo out of him. Sorry, Orochi. Your two attacks don't compare to Centurion's fashion.

He looks like he's going to be annoying.

Wanna play as those skeleton Vikings.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nasgate posted:

No, this is loving great, so is the Berserker one.

No, what's great is when you catch him out of the sky with nobushi's fake side heavy sweep and cut his head off and the salt starts flowing.

gently caress that tracking poo poo.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

My favorite is when someone slides forward 15 feet like loving Akuma to guard break you. Or when they turn on a dime at a 90 degree angle. Super legit strats.

I'm beginning to regret getting this on PC instead of PS4. I'm spending more time waiting to get matchmade for a duel, than actually dueling.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tgRqVG3WFA

Not that I didn't feel bad rear end pulling this off, but cmon. 3 revenge triggers in 1 fight is stupid. And my defense tanking god knows how many raider unblockables.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Everyone makes an exception for Kensei. Dude's tier 4 perk should be a pistol. He needs it a lot of the time.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Not that I didn't feel bad rear end pulling this off, but cmon. 3 revenge triggers in 1 fight is stupid. And my defense tanking god knows how many raider unblockables.

This is why I play Raider and Conqueror. A couple Raider Top Heavies instead of unblockables would have done you in. Same with charged flails. Not to say you weren't impressive. God knows i would've just spammed attack and gotten murdered in your place.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

quote:

There is an issue impacting the Dominion match stability of the Viking maps: River Fort and High Fort. In order to improve everyone’s experience in Dominion while we further analyze the issue, we had to remove those two maps from all multiplayer playlists until we fix the issue. This change will roll out over the course of this current turn and by the start of the next turn (11pm EST) those maps will be fully removed from the playlists. You will still be able to play these maps in Custom Match.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Mufasa Nigel posted:

That's a great clip though. Cool target switching, etc. You have two ends of the spectrum. People who just start mindlessly spamming when they have an advantage and the honorboo Law Bringer who is waiting for a 1v1 or something.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

My new helmet is sick nasty! :byodood:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I wish people would stop rage quitting after the first round of brawl.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Don't feel bad, they were idiots who spammed light attack. I only saw they try and GB you once. If they would have grabbed you and held you still 2x you would have been toast.

Also the raider was throwing out his unblock stand alone instead of putting it into a chain. If you just throw a light (you can wiff it) and then the unblock it does like 2x more damage.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 5, 2017

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Is there a way to get the Switch Pro Controller to work with this game? It's the most comfortable controller I've ever used and I want to use it for everything! :allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
For the record, in case you get slight stuttering issues or framedrops like I did, despite having a monster computer, you can solve it by

1 - going into your task manager and clicking details
2 - Right click for honor and choose "set priority" and set it to "below normal"
3 - Right click for honor and choose "set affinity" and then unbox a processor

This gave me buttery smooth framerates at highest settings whereas before it was kind of choppy

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Xeremides posted:

I'm beginning to regret getting this on PC instead of PS4. I'm spending more time waiting to get matchmade for a duel, than actually dueling.

Everyone is playing dominion because community event. Also try brawl I find better players hang out in brawl.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Keegers posted:

Everyone is playing dominion because community event. Also try brawl I find better players hang out in brawl.

This. The dominion event has significantly unbalanced the mode participation dynamic and seems to have made the servers even more unstable than normal, especially for dominion. It'll balance out again after the weekend.

Also brawl is full of shitters, don't you believe it.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

So fighting soldiers on the front is supposed to be the vanguards' thing for getting extra renown, which it is, but heavies get the same amount per soldier. has anyone else noticed this?

Both vanguard and heavy get 2 renown per soldier.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

This. The dominion event has significantly unbalanced the mode participation dynamic and seems to have made the servers even more unstable than normal, especially for dominion. It'll balance out again after the weekend.

Also brawl is full of shitters, don't you believe it.

Nah, it won't. This has been a problem for me since before this event. Even now, I'm trying to get into dominion, and despite it saying "Very High", I'm forever waiting for it to go into "All Skill Levels" to finally get a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I don't think it's a point difference so much as vanguards are better at it. They kill the mooks faster and have longer kill chains. Could be wrong, though.

Edit: to the above, it could be that your ratio is so much better than the vast majority of the playerbase that there's not enough people in your league to pull a strict match together?

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 5, 2017