Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I am at a complete loss as to what to play. I played EQ jugger last league and it was pretty good fun but I don't know how good that will be as a league starter or if I should go EQ slayer instead or something? Maybe essence drain? Too many options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

how is pizza sticks supposed to go CI?

it doesn't have any leech but every single guide says "oh yeah dude CI is the way to go"

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

how is pizza sticks supposed to go CI?

it doesn't have any leech but every single guide says "oh yeah dude CI is the way to go"

Maybe grab zo and some life regen nodes? I did some wonky hybrid that was ok til I realized blood magic wb doesn't agree with es without ZO.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I was pizza sticks up to level 45 but now I'm realizing I don't like totems anymore at all. I refunded Ancestral Bond and jimmied in some SR+CWC+Firestorm and like it more. Think this would work in the long run for Inquisitor or should I just go back to pizza sticks?

Here's my tree thus far, if anyone has any recommendations on where to go after refunding the totem stuff I'd appreciate it :)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
You go CI by never going near mobs, disengaging quickly from ranged mobs with a movement skill. You're basically a skirmisher, place totems and run, rely on ES recovery inbetween packs

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chicken melts are yummy. Chicken bakes are also yummy however the frozen ones are inferior to the ones in the food court.

Edit: Hmm wrong thread oh well.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
trade your pizza sticks for chicken bakes with daresso

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
Can i get a reinvite?

Pulse_Are_US

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

McFrugal posted:

This isn't a real build. You'll never get to level 100. Knock it down to 100-110 points. Also it's terrible overall-- bleed nodes are worthless, what you want is to double dip via physical damage nodes, and you should never ever take the stat nodes to go around the starting area nodes of your class. Stat nodes are bad, you should avoid them whenever possible (except in specific builds that require lots of stats) and get stats from equipment instead. Look up a max block Gladiator build and a Bleed-focused build on the forums and see what they do by comparison.
I would suggest finding a build you like and just following it, since it seems like you don't understand the passive tree yet.

Alright then, I reorganized it to path more through the center of the duelist tree rather than to the side. I think the reason I started curving off the side was because i decided what I wanted to do and worked backwards, rather than starting with the basics and pathing outward. I decided to clear out the bleed stuff and also eliminated accuracy and crit nodes, and picked up Resolute technique. Since I'm not building for crit, I may as well take enemy evasion out of the equation in the process.

Also, my roommate wants opinions for his build. I know he's aiming for an armor/energy shield battlemage type character, but he hasn't really explained it much more than that. He wants something that will cast normally, but can and will be able to survive when poo poo gets real.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...WX52_no-6r-Cg==

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Rorac posted:

Also, my roommate wants opinions for his build. I know he's aiming for an armor/energy shield battlemage type character, but he hasn't really explained it much more than that. He wants something that will cast normally, but can and will be able to survive when poo poo gets real.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...WX52_no-6r-Cg==

This build wont survive much. Also what kind of build are they trying to do? They've taken melee damage nodes, fire, cold and light. damage nodes. and pathed to the bottom of the tree just for some block.
Have them define what they want to do better and we'll be able to come up with a better tree.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

euphronius posted:

Maps for regular zones

This only raises further questions!

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated
Can I get a guild invite, must have been dropped near the end of Breach

IGN: FlamingSpaghetti

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Building a character in PoE is about picking either life or CI then a damage skill, then taking as many Life or ES nodes as you can reach and using filler points on damage nodes that affect the skill you want to use. If it's not one of those things I listed or getting you to one of those things in minimal points, you shouldn't take it. Once you know what's wrong with these instructions you'll understand how to make builds that do other things.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I'm trying to theory craft a Point Blank Chin Sol Shrapnel shot Berserker that uses the new threshold jewel. I'm thinking that Cloaked in Savagery would work well with an evasion based build. However, that means I can't take resolute technique. How much crit do you need to make it worth it? How much DPS should I be aiming for in Path of Building?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

FillInTheBlank posted:

This build wont survive much. Also what kind of build are they trying to do? They've taken melee damage nodes, fire, cold and light. damage nodes. and pathed to the bottom of the tree just for some block.
Have them define what they want to do better and we'll be able to come up with a better tree.

Honestly? I have no idea. I think he was trying to do a well-rounded sort of thing, but I know well-rounded doesn't survive very long. I'll suggest to him to skip out on the melee damage and focus more on casting.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Show him blade flurry cwc with either bladefall or something else

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Guild request!

IGN: rny_kronk

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
can i get an invite to guild? name is tombruise.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
Seeking invite.

Character name - CWDT_derps. Account name - heisenberg84

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I would like a guild invite. My character name is PeewiSkeleton.

I wanna do a summon skeletons build, maybe use other minions too, should I just go for every minion node on the tree? Anything else that'd be important to grab or avoid?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Pathing down through all those dex nodes just to get the block wheel is a waste of points. Sheesh, this is another 120-point build again, too. If you get rid of that wasteful pathing it's down to 104, which is fine. All he needs to do after that is decide on exactly what damage type he's focusing on, and get more life nodes. You want 150% increased life in softcore if you're not going CI or low-life. Those ES nodes he took will not be enough to compensate for only having like 60% increased life, even if he's getting all the ES he can from equipment. Also he passed right by two jewel slots without taking them. Did he think you could only use one jewel?

I would strongly recommend NOT playing Scion without a strong understanding of the passive tree. This is a good example of why.
edit: actually just don't play Scion at all unless your build needs a ton of jewel slots. That's the only advantage Scion has.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 5, 2017

Sgt. Slaughter
Sep 3, 2008
Jumping on the guild invite train. Name is LegacyHadronCollider

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Peewi posted:

I would like a guild invite. My character name is PeewiSkeleton.

I wanna do a summon skeletons build, maybe use other minions too, should I just go for every minion node on the tree? Anything else that'd be important to grab or avoid?

Only skeleton build I've seen remotely viable is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk

Generally people use Specters or golems as their summoner focus, though it's looking like Zombies might be viable this league.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I would like a guild invite as well. Character name is MisterLogan.

He has claws.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Deki posted:

Only skeleton build I've seen remotely viable is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk

Generally people use Specters or golems as their summoner focus, though it's looking like Zombies might be viable this league.

I guess I'll do spectres, then. I just assumed necromancers would use skeletons without knowing anything.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see
requesting an invite please!

ign: FootAndMouthDisease

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Bluemillion posted:

I'm trying to theory craft a Point Blank Chin Sol Shrapnel shot Berserker that uses the new threshold jewel. I'm thinking that Cloaked in Savagery would work well with an evasion based build. However, that means I can't take resolute technique. How much crit do you need to make it worth it? How much DPS should I be aiming for in Path of Building?

I've been busy googling all the parts of your post to try to figure out why you can't take resolute technique. Any elaboration?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pork never goes bad posted:

I've been busy googling all the parts of your post to try to figure out why you can't take resolute technique. Any elaboration?

Reflect.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I already wanted to make a pledge of hands build before the 2.6 passive tree reveal, and the addition of the improved MoM and staff crit nodes were perfect. Magma orb got a cool threshold jewel, so I decided on that as a primary skill. I think it's pretty good and fun to play. Pledge pretty much instantly gives you the mana pool to sustain MoM and lets you wear whatever you want for a chest. 6l is a luxury, 5l is all you really need. Orb-Faster Casting-Inc Crit-Ele Focus -[Slower Proj or Pierce]

This is the hardcore version I'm actually using. This is what I'd do if I was suicidal or planning for softcore. About 50% more dps at the cost of less hp and 30 block instead of 40/30 dodge. The reflects are almost guaranteed to kill you occasionally.

Pretty low effort to do all 4 guardians deathless on the hardcore version. Chaos snakes on chimera were dicey because my random gear had no chaos resistance. I don't think it has the raw dps to do shaper. Maybe with perfect gear. Quite durable though. So long as you have warlord's mark up for mana leech and keep attacking you can tank t16 packs as a caster which is pretty novel to me.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
If you aint MTX'd to hell you're not really playing PoE.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I'll also mention that I went from crashing on average once per hour to not at all since going to dx9

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

FillInTheBlank posted:

If you aint MTX'd to hell you're not really playing PoE.
i just bought the yaksha shield because it was like the only slot i didnt have an mtx for and it was ruining my poe experience (shield charge on this character now has 500% more awesomeness, this is a buff)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I like to use skin transfers for shields since lots of 3d art shields are better than the mtxs

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Can someone invite BortSampson to the guild? Thanks!

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Could I get a guild invite when someone gets a chance? Character name is sanawon

This league is so good but I just wish I could remember to take out leaguestones before going to siosa so I don't waste charges

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
After looking at prices for Vaal Spark build gear, I've come to the realization that there will be no way I will ever be rich enough to transition my pizza stick inquisitor to it. RIP the dream.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Can I get a guild invite for YetAnotherNameAttempt ?

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Got to maps with Frost Blades Raider mostly self-found, so better than I hoped. The jewels are quite nice. Gonna experiment with QOTF and Dreamfeathers and see how high it can go. If it caps out too early I'll just go Spectral Throw, I think.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
Is it still worth it to go for the Soul Strike (+ Decay Bow) + Wicked Ward combo on a ED/Contagion Occultist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
mouse-only play update: league starter (ssfhc) made it to a2 cruel and set up a bunch of cwdt links to save my fingers a lot of work, should only get easier from here!

this is actually great. theoretically an ambidextrous player could double fist poe with two characters at the same time.

• Locked thread