Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

I don't doubt you but on the other hand that should have happened literal years ago so I don't really have the motivation to get back into at this point after i stopped reading as they came out probably like a hundred chapters ago
That is perfectly fair. If someone came to me to convince me that The Gamer was fuckin incredible at the moment there is still no way I'd revisit that well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gyges posted:

No, he is a giant alligator man.

He is a giant alligator man who can turn into a tiny alligator man.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

He is a giant alligator man who can turn into a tiny alligator man.

As long as we agree that he is a real monster.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

z0glin Warchief posted:

I mean, the title is literally "Hungry Marie". I'd be more surprised if it weren't.

Hahaha, welp. Questions answered, premise established.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

Hahaha, welp. Questions answered, premise established.

That's one drat good premise.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Shishunki Seimeitai Vega

New manga by the person who made Hayate x Blade. It's about a kiss-powered lesbian Ultraman.

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 5, 2017

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Eeevil posted:

Shishunki Seimeitai Vega

New manga by the person who mad Hayate x Blade. It's about a kiss-powered lesbian Ultraman.

Sold.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Eeevil posted:

Shishunki Seimeitai Vega

New manga by the person who made Hayate x Blade. It's about a kiss-powered lesbian Ultraman.

I don't know if they only recently started making more of it or only just now started translating it but I remember reading a chapter of this years ago.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Tzarnal posted:

I don't know if they only recently started making more of it or only just now started translating it but I remember reading a chapter of this years ago.

Yeah, there was an one-shot chapter of it, I think? Something like that. Glad to see it getting more chapters though.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

It's a one volume series that finished years ago, and the first chapter was translated also years ago, and it just got a second chapter translated recently, according to mangaupdates.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

z0glin Warchief posted:

It's a one volume series that finished years ago, and the first chapter was translated also years ago, and it just got a second chapter translated recently, according to mangaupdates.

That explains that. I thought it was an oneshot since the first chapter stood well enough on its own.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Eeevil posted:

It's about a kiss-powered lesbian Ultraman.

There is nothing I don't like about that sentence.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kaja Rainbow posted:

That explains that. I thought it was an oneshot since the first chapter stood well enough on its own.

I'm pretty sure it was a oneshot. It just happened to get a continuation in 2013 that didn't get translated until recently.

Edit: Also it was done by the author of Strawberry Shake/Hayate X Blade, which made it an instant Yes for me.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 6, 2017

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

The Colors still own. The translators are doing one hell of a job, too.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Teen Mom.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: that did not go in the direction I expected it to.

I don't know what direction I expected it to go in, but "There were two chicken legs, right?" made me laugh harder than I have in a long time.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Mikl posted:

Teen Mom.

That's really good typesetting, imo. Never appreciated it until I started doing it myself.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Read Grand Blue and you too will be making faces like this:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Grraaaand Bluuuueee

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Someone please explain the science behind that remedy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's an old wives tale it doesn't have anything to do with science.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Two chapters in and I feel like this manga needs to run beside a PSA on the dangers of alcohol poisoning

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cant cook creole bream posted:

Someone please explain the science behind that remedy.

A leek (up your rear end) a day keeps the doctor away

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Every civilization will inevitably find some sort of justification for doing butt stuff.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Good series.

Dungeon Meshi

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At least one of those is a Daimyo Hermitaur, not a mimic.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Inu Yashiki

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

I have been wondering for a while now, but are Gantz and Inu Yashiki done in 3d? They've always looked kind of weird.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some of it is 3D yeah. Mostly the monsters and big stuff.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mugticket posted:

I have been wondering for a while now, but are Gantz and Inu Yashiki done in 3d? They've always looked kind of weird.

IIRC Gantz is, there were some artist talk chapters that showed they would use 3D models to help visualize characters in panels when they set everything up and draw over it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:spooky: Tales Of the Unusual! :spooky:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Petiso posted:

Inu Yashiki

My god. I never knew how much I wanted to read "Donald Trump Presents: The Purge: The Anime".

Until now.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mikl posted:

Grand Blue

hello i started reading this it is already extremely good, it has the rare quality of making me constantly try to suppress my giggling

e: loving hell it just keeps going. advice: read this immediately

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 16, 2017

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Mugticket posted:

At this point, anything that isn't a human being is either a 3D model or a photograph, they aren't even traced, it looks specially ridiculous sometimes:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It got really really bad in I am a hero, too.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Captain Invictus posted:

It got really really bad in I am a hero, too.

I once saw someone praising I am a Hero for how detailed the art was, then they posted a page that was just a picture of a real place with a photoshop filter over it.

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

Thanks. Though I'm kind of suspicious of the characters as well. The way the wrinkles, bumps and lighting is drawn on them makes them look like they are traced from something. It just makes me think that someone who could draw that well would never draw them looking so lifeless.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Avulsion posted:

I once saw someone praising I am a Hero for how detailed the art was, then they posted a page that was just a picture of a real place with a photoshop filter over it.

I mean, at one point the art was way more hand drawn, or at least effort was put into detailing it to look hand drawn, than it got towards the latter half. It was basically photo + manga filter for a lot of backgrounds later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Mugticket posted:

Thanks. Though I'm kind of suspicious of the characters as well. The way the wrinkles, bumps and lighting is drawn on them makes them look like they are traced from something. It just makes me think that someone who could draw that well would never draw them looking so lifeless.

Oh, characters' bodies, specially background ones are definetly traced from TV footage and movie stills, but at least those are actually, you know, drawn. Lots of panels feel like I'm looking at a paused movie instead of a comic panel but then again, the same thing happens to me with most cape comics nowadays :shrug:

• Locked thread