Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

hakimashou posted:

Gave a keldon to a stonewall fleet guy for his outfit, some random pubbie got a vonph for having the name @carcossa.
What was the outfit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fakemirage posted:

What was the outfit?

I didn't get a screenshot, but it was some kind of shiny golden tunic with a golden sash and some kind of cravatte.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
And here's a nice little extra special :fuckoff: from Cryptic to anyone who didn't manage to get the Sompek Bug Zapper kit module, effective with tomorrows patch:

pre:
Sompek Lightning Module:

Increased base damage and DoT damage
    50% Shield bypassing
    Chance to apply Hold and DoT has been increased to 50%
along with getting rid of support for anyone on Windows XP. So if some people you know that have older computers aren't online anymore...

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
The Sompek module was complete dogshit so no one should be mad that it got buffed. Also XP is a fifteen year old OS at this point so again it's understandable that they're not going to keep supporting it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The lightning module looked ok to me but I saw no reason to slot it or upgrade when I had the magical iconian mines of room clearing.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Now that I have the lobi staff and most of the Iconian kit modules I kind of feel like the lightning module fits in with my character's slow transition from space man to wizard.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Coq au Nandos posted:

Now that I have the lobi staff and most of the Iconian kit modules I kind of feel like the lightning module fits in with my character's slow transition from space man to wizard.

The path you walk leads to enlightenment.

I like the spell of frost because it just seems to gently caress up whole groups instantly and has good range combined with a low cooldown.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
Any recommendation on which ship to get first off the epic phoenix pack list? Just got an epic token and I don't have any of those ships yet.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
The trait from the Krenim Science Vessel pushes tanking from 'viable' to 'game breaking' right now. It's probably on the chopping block in the near future though. I'd be looking seriously at grabbing the JHAS, purely to unlock the pets for the JHDC.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Cyntalan posted:

Any recommendation on which ship to get first off the epic phoenix pack list? Just got an epic token and I don't have any of those ships yet.
Krenim or Kobali, if you really want to spend it on something at that level. The Krenim science ship has a FBP trait that's really good, and the Kobali tank has console that's great for hull healing.
I've seen seen people do neat stuff with the other ships, but the two mentioned comes with a pretty neat stuff you can reuse on other ships.

Remember to grab the emotes when you can, they're the best things in the pack.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Had a rather delightful conversation with some poor broken soul on Risa today. He made all kinds of horrible accusations against me, knowing nothing about me, but I just couldn't help myself, I had to try and help him not be such a horrible person.

http://pastebin.com/B1itSDGL

After that last one, he logged off, so I sent him a friend invite, can't wait to see what happens.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So, what should I take with a rare token from the free phoenix pack? I'm thinking the admiralty ship, but I'm not sure if it's a one use only thing or not. Here's the rare list:

Crystalline Shard – Space Vanity Pet
Console – Universal – Crystalline Absorption Matrix
Console – Tactical – Automated Defense Turret
V.S.S. Tanius – Admiralty Ship
Hakeev (Mirror Universe) – Duty Officer
Mariah Kilara Marr – Duty Officer

Also, is it better to buy some packs with my dilithium or convert it to zen while the price has gone down?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Crystalline Shard is a pink sparkle that follows your ship around.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I'd take the admiralty card, rest is garbage

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mondian posted:

I'd take the admiralty card, rest is garbage

Agreed, or if you're done with Admiralty you can always grind your prize tokens down to upgrade kits and save a shitload of dil next upgrade weekend.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

How long is this free pack?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Pretty sure you can get one per account every day for the event.

edit: Yeah, from today (2nd) to the 6th.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If you foresee upgrading stuff in the future, it's well worth spending dil on these for the upgrade tokens alone. You end up getting 10% + more bang for your buck in terms of dil, plus an often overlooked benefit if you use upgrade accelerators.

One accelerator affects one upgrade tech, but one Phoenix tech is equivalent to 4x regular ones, so you get 4x the bang for your buck from any accelerators you use.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Get a cochrane shotgun, any ships you might want and turn all your other tokens into phoenix tech upgrades.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The pack's slaughtered the Zen price if you want to transfer or invest, it's down to 202.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
]

Stuck the TOS Crew in 23c Earth Spacedock overnight. Some people speculated on their presence... from NPCs to DEVs to Hackers. Sadly I didn't catch the full log.
http://pastebin.com/3DmEscmn

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Obviously a spoiler for STO II: TOS edition.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
OK so like I was a member of the fleet or whatever like a year or so ago and now I'm not. Could someone add me again? @kitchner is the username.

I have forgotten how this game works entirely, but I'm sure that won't be a problem.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

drat tokens are on a CD and not on a global timer. Guess I won't get all the free ones.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
Shame, found out that the purchase of a ship from an event via the phoenix pack doesn't unlock it account wide like it would if I had gotten it from the event. :smith:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I can't remember poo poo from playing this game at launch. I logged in and my ship was named USS SmokeWeed, which probably explains why.

Now I want to play again. How do I do join the guild/fleet/whatever, just by asking in the chat channel? Can someone invite Thrawn@RichardNixon please?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10424053-dreadnoughts-des-26.-jahrhunderts-%E2%80%93-f%26e-promo

ENT-J + A KDF and ROM ship coming as a R&D reward

This is the german blog, english one will probably be up in 30+ minutes

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The flying pizza cutter? Jesus.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point, aren't they?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
English blog

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10423573-26th-century-dreadnought-r%26d-promotion%21

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Jxforema posted:

They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point, aren't they?

Not really, this was probably long planned, I mean poo poo, we had the J in that rinse and repeat mission, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner honestly.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That's a mighty fine Klingon dongship though.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I kinda want a Flatprise just because of how comically massive it is. I'm not sure how the game is supposed to handle a player ship of that size.

poo poo's like three times the size of a Vengeance.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Landlord posted:

I kinda want a Flatprise just because of how comically massive it is. I'm not sure how the game is supposed to handle a player ship of that size.

poo poo's like three times the size of a Vengeance.

Oh it's going to cause no end of collision issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets stuck in asteroids the moment it spawns outside K-13.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Bieeardo posted:

The flying pizza cutter? Jesus.

That ship looks so ugly, the first time I saw it, I thought my video card was messed up.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

E: Got it, thanks

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 7, 2017

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Aleth posted:

That's a mighty fine Klingon dongship though.

A D-13(inches) battlecruiser

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Big Large Ship.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

E2: Thanks, Zoerp.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

DancingShade posted:

Oh it's going to cause no end of collision issues.

This could very well be my new favorite ship

• Locked thread