Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Schneider Heim posted:

VSBRs can fire wide, destructive beams, or narrow, penetrating beams. They're not fancy for me because they're not flashy-looking, unlike a certain nuclear-powered Gundam's signature beam burst.

I think it's fair to say there's a distinction between fancy and flashy. I'd also say that VSBRs are more fancy than anything the Freedom has because they are a variable fire, multi-function weapon that is designed to penetrate beam shields where the Freedom just has single function guns that can't penetrate the settings modern defenses.

The Freedom's guns aren't even inherently flashy, since I'm pretty sure they're fired fairly often one or two at a time with no real fanfare, and it's really just the Hi-Mat mode that's given focus and made to look cool in a flashy manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ok let's agree to disagree :)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
No, this is the Gundam thread.

You spend the next six months in a back and forth out of control vendetta that ends with one of you tossing each others injured rear end off the side of a mountain.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Blame it on the misfortune of your OP!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If it means that I get women as cool as Lilla and Moaur I may be willing to play the Jerid and get my injured rear end thrown off a mountain.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

tsob posted:

If it means that I get women as cool as Lilla and Moaur I may be willing to play the Jerid and get my injured rear end thrown off a mountain.

On the other hand, you'd then get a lot of cool women killed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SeanBeansShako posted:

No, this is the Gundam thread.

You spend the next six months in a back and forth out of control vendetta that ends with one of you tossing each others injured rear end off the side of a mountain.

Can I get thrown off a plane via a trapdoor and then shot while I'm falling to my death?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Can I get thrown off a plane via a trapdoor and then shot while I'm falling to my death?

Whats your opinion on the abuse of the alliances combat resources?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are you making fun of him, dammit?!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Very interesting.

This would mean the disarmament of my military would have to be put on the backburner.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Darth Walrus posted:

On the other hand, you'd then get a lot of cool women killed.

Well yea, but "better to have loved and lost than never loved at all" and all that. I mean, I'd also be a complete jackass that dies an ignoble death after becoming increasingly irrelevant, so the death of girlfriends is a lesser worry in some ways, but I'm just saying they're cool enough that the reward might be worth the risk.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Those MORBIL ZOOTS are no laughing matter sir.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is that SRW V?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

And then they kissed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Droyer posted:

And then they kissed.

That's Char and Amuro's thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

Is that SRW V?

Yep.

Droyer posted:

And then they kissed.

No, that's Kira and Shinn.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh wow so this happened huh that's uhh...

That might be the one thing I actually really wanted to see in Zeta and never happened.

Please tell me the easiest way to get SRW V. I have a PS4. In fact, part of the reason I bought it was for SRW V, but wow. Now I want it more.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh wow so this happened huh that's uhh...

That might be the one thing I actually really wanted to see in Zeta and never happened.

Please tell me the easiest way to get SRW V. I have a PS4. In fact, part of the reason I bought it was for SRW V, but wow. Now I want it more.

The easiest way to create a Singapore PSN account (you can use any address so just google a McDonalds), buy some PSN cards for the right region and then just get it digitally.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So wait....SRW V AND Gundam Breaker 3 have full English capability????

I....need to make some calls.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Droyer posted:

And then they kissed.

Gundam is a franchise about youths learning to embrace their homosexuality by shooting each other with giant robot guns

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

The most recent G Gundam Generation game too!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gundam is a franchise about youths learning to embrace their homosexuality by shooting each other with giant robot guns

I'm not OK with this erasure of heterosexual Gundam characters

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Woah hold up SRW V has a competent English translation? I thought the Singapore releases were always hilariously bad?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Bloody Pom posted:

Woah hold up SRW V has a competent English translation? I thought the Singapore releases were always hilariously bad?

It's not a Singapore translation/release. It's just Singapore is one of the easiest places to make an account and grab the PSN cards to get the DLC for it. Pretty sure that's right, anyways?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bloody Pom posted:

It's a general "asian english" release. Includes places like Hong Kong where people actually expect good english.

Cheaper than licensing and printing for NA I guess. Can't complain too much, I wouldn't be playing Breaker 3 if they didn't.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

Moon Dwellers was functional but clunky, SRW V and the last SD Gundam game are good. V has some inconsistent terms and mistranslated mechanical text but the dialogue is fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, V is more "this needed another pass by an editor to catch typos and properly match up terms" flawed more than genuinely hilariously bad. It's good enough the jokes hit which is a big deal for a translation like that.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:chanpop:

Motto posted:

Moon Dwellers was functional but clunky, SRW V and the last SD Gundam game are good. V has some inconsistent terms and mistranslated mechanical text but the dialogue is fun.

Huh, if I ever get a PS4 :negative: then I might have to look into getting it. My impression from reading the SRW Games thread is that the translation is usually spotty at best considering the most recent SRW Originals game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't find the quote right now but the best description of Moon Dwellers ' translation is a joke someone made in the SRW thread itself

quote:

It is straightforward and to the point. It is an orthodox translation.

SRWV is better in pretty much every way. Except of course some SR points are awkwardly worded or just flat out wrong. :argh:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not OK with this erasure of heterosexual Gundam characters

Patrick Mannequin. The true ace of hearts.

Bloody Pom posted:

Huh, if I ever get a PS4 :negative: then I might have to look into getting it. My impression from reading the SRW Games thread is that the translation is usually spotty at best considering the most recent SRW Originals game.

It's difficult to have a "usually" when there's only been one thing before this. Its really good, get it!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Allow me to entice you further:

Special Recruit #1
Special Recruit #2

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Not sure if I should ask this here or the dedicated IBO thread, but I understand the show is pretty much entering the home stretch.

How has it been so far? Is it worth a watch overall?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Not sure if I should ask this here or the dedicated IBO thread, but I understand the show is pretty much entering the home stretch.

It's been fairly solid. My main takeaway from it is that it's been hitting a lot of the beats I thought season 1 should have hit back before we knew season 2 was going to be a thing. It seems to have avoided the "Sunrise Season 2" curse as well.

If you liked season 1 at all its worth a watch.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

It's good.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

One thing I want to add is that I think season 2 in particular has some of the better retoolings of concepts from past Gundam stuff that the franchise has done in quite a while, especially after how I felt season 1 played some of them a bit too straight.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Also at no part does the main character develop nebulous psychic powers or save everyone with the power of understanding.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What are you talking about? Mika has saved people with the power of understanding. Of course his view of understanding is understanding how to butcher anyone stupid enough to get in his way but still.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you like the type of Gundam shows where the main gundam can't single-handily stop the war/aliens, it's one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IBO is okay but it suffers from a lot of wasted pacing and time. The last episodes have been a lot better but good chunks of S1 and S2 feel kind of badly paced and to be honest the split season didn't help it much. A lot of characters were put into wheel-spinning stasis until the second half of S2.

A lot depends on the ending.