Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hexenritter posted:

Edit: Do the prizes from the ufo grabber have any use other than being kawaii?

You'll have to get good at it to do one of Majima's best substories. But it's actually a lot easier than it looks, thank god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

precision posted:

You'll have to get good at it to do one of Majima's best substories. But it's actually a lot easier than it looks, thank god.

My crowning achievement with the grabber so far was somehow managing to get two toys at once. A woo and a frilled lizard got stuck together. Goddamn getting that java pigeon is a pain though. So are the woos when they fall over. They definitely nailed it for "oh don't you fall don't you f--ah gently caress" factor.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

It's 330 in the goddamn morning, why am I still grinding real estate?

Also the phone club minigame cutscenes take too long, and the coinflip decisions at the date are BS.

Yakuza 0 is my GotY already

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I just got sharked at darts. I trounced the guy in the bar twice then suddenly for the 1million yen finale he popped off triple 20s like it wasn't poo poo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

I just got sharked at darts. I trounced the guy in the bar twice then suddenly for the 1million yen finale he popped off triple 20s like it wasn't poo poo.

I think the difficulty level increases each time and intermediate-advanced is a particularly big jump

or the AI can just be weird like that on minigames, I had a game of pool where mid-game the hostess suddenly became a pool shark and sunk 4-9 in a row

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've never won against my hostesses (except when dancing).

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

I've never won against my hostesses (except when dancing).

I can win at dancing/darts but they destroy me at pool most of the time

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

e: wrong thread

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.

Yinlock posted:

My first pool date with a hostess took about 10 seconds. I lost the banking shot and she sunk the 9 off the break.

I thought it was kind of unfair when she said "I didn't expect to be better than you" after.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yinlock posted:

https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/829884861783621636

:smug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sick

Tofu Injection posted:

My first pool date with a hostess took about 10 seconds. I lost the banking shot and she sunk the 9 off the break.

I thought it was kind of unfair when she said "I didn't expect to be better than you" after.

yeah the BAD LESSON afterward is funny because it's like girl you just fuckin destroyed me, you don't need to learn poo poo about pool

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I finally unlocked So Amon and...uh... this feels like some designer went on a drug trip or something. In a good way.
Nice music though!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yinlock posted:

There was a time when I sunk about 4 balls on the break, and thought I'd have it easy-peasy. Well, apparently, I did something wrong, because it was considered a foul, and the hostess went on the sink the remaining 5 balls in quick succession. I never even got a chance to go again.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SpacePig posted:

There was a time when I sunk about 4 balls on the break, and thought I'd have it easy-peasy. Well, apparently, I did something wrong, because it was considered a foul, and the hostess went on the sink the remaining 5 balls in quick succession. I never even got a chance to go again.

i believe you always have to hit the next ball in the order even if you're just using it to sink a different one

but yeah fouls seem to make their skills skyrocket all of a sudden

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SpacePig posted:

Yinlock posted:

i believe you always have to hit the next ball in the order even if you're just using it to sink a different one

For 9-ball correct. For 8-ball the game doesn't even use called shots, slop counts as valid so long as you sink one of your balls. My immersion :(

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Finally unlocked both legend styles and I'm disappointed at how basic Majima's is. I just don't like how he only has one combo finisher that constantly drains heat unless you dodge cancel it. The heat move is loving dope but he only has one compared to Kiryu's five.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Shoorei pipi!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Munancho, Brother Sushi. Have you paid the titherance of at least one Rincho so that your Kulipaa don't wither?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Oh wow the type of shirt I was saying Sega should put out is actually a thing

https://www.etsy.com/listing/498417...f=sr_gallery_10

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
JCC is such a good and well designed mini game. Nothing like winning the last match only for the opponent to get up and instakill me.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Marogareh posted:

Finally unlocked both legend styles and I'm disappointed at how basic Majima's is. I just don't like how he only has one combo finisher that constantly drains heat unless you dodge cancel it. The heat move is loving dope but he only has one compared to Kiryu's five.

Yeah mad dog is pretty poo poo. I'm disappointed but at least cabaret club took 1/4 of the time it took to finish real estate.

I can finally start playing the game now :unsmith:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Whelp. :( Turns out the copy my friend gave me had some kinda factory defect. As in,the disc didn't work. At all. I'm getting a refund,then waiting till my payday so I can get myself a PSN card to pay for the digital version.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I saw the ending of Sugar Daddy coming from the start, but that didn't make it any less creepy :stare:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Just beat it and that final Majima scene was so drat good and sad.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I finally beat this game (right in time for Nier) and boy howdy is it a good game with a fantastic finale.

I'd played 3, 4 and 5 before and think this is the strongest by a mile.

Really looking forward to Kiwami in a few months.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Is there something I have to do to get less poors to come into my cabaret club? I did the first rival battle at around 1500 fans and got owned big time

The partnerships only seem to give you more fans, not richer fans

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So is the whole crafting thing just genuinely pointless?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Is there something I have to do to get less poors to come into my cabaret club? I did the first rival battle at around 1500 fans and got owned big time

The partnerships only seem to give you more fans, not richer fans

They mostly just increase as you go through the clubs.

Get like 1.5 times the fans required to unlock the battle and and you'll pretty much steamroll the other guy every time, except moon which still needs a little luck/as many extra fans as you can bear to grind out. I went to 18k fans with moon and squeaked out a win on the first try by a pretty small margin.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

History Comes Inside! posted:

at least cabaret club took 1/4 of the time it took to finish real estate.

Oh thank god

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

So is the whole crafting thing just genuinely pointless?

I've only used it for one Majima substory and to get a bunch of Zap guns to farm Shakedown. The weapon crafting has always felt kind of unnecessary to me in this series.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It's just another symptom of the dev team's love of throwing everything into the game. I hear Y6 strips it away, finally.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I am utterly loving hooked on this song and I can't stop singing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLDo-jHcvAQ

edit: I cannot for the life of me configure a pocket racer capable of winning the third race. Either it's too slow or it's so unstable it ends up flying off the track. Probably doesn't help that I bought the Killer Bee and have the God Motor II and God Gears in it.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 6, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
After 96 hours and beating the game I just found out that you can charge the square attacks on Kiryu's beast style.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

KingShiro posted:

Oh wow the type of shirt I was saying Sega should put out is actually a thing

https://www.etsy.com/listing/498417...f=sr_gallery_10
Too bad it's the most useless type of clothing in the world, the long sleeve shirt

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Where can I get the Peerless Pole for fishing as Majima? The pawn shop doesn't have it in stock yet.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Hexenritter posted:

I am utterly loving hooked on this song and I can't stop singing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLDo-jHcvAQ

edit: I cannot for the life of me configure a pocket racer capable of winning the third race. Either it's too slow or it's so unstable it ends up flying off the track. Probably doesn't help that I bought the Killer Bee and have the God Motor II and God Gears in it.

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/pocketcircuit.html

just use that list.

Hexenritter posted:

Where can I get the Peerless Pole for fishing as Majima? The pawn shop doesn't have it in stock yet.

All I can tell you is that I had the quest to fish for Komian, went to the Pawn Shop in Sotenbori and they had the Peerless Pole in stock. :shrug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I paused in the middle of a cutscene, came back and apparently didn't notice that the random guy is bumped into in the street wasn't voiced anymore. Now all my voices are gone. Even restarting the PS4 didn't fix it. Motherfucker.

Edit: changing my PS4 to output in DTS fixed it. How the gently caress does that even break in the middle of a game?

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 6, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thanks for this.

quote:

All I can tell you is that I had the quest to fish for Komian, went to the Pawn Shop in Sotenbori and they had the Peerless Pole in stock. :shrug:

I'll reload the game and see if his inventory refreshes.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
The only other detail I can think of is that I was in... Chapter 8.

e : also, that Pocket Circuit part list uses the JP names directly translated. Just pay attention to : the icon of the part, the number of points the part uses

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Finally beat PC fighter, without looking at the guide, but knowing I had it if I wanted made it a lot less frustrating. Also funny that you race the fastest racer (before Fighter), but then the randos you race after that are waaay faster than the kid.