Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Not to be a super pedantic :spergin:, but I don't think Feige has said anything like that.

It took a while to track down, but here it is:

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige posted:

Thanos in Infinity War is – in a movie that has a lot of characters, you could almost go so far as to say he is the main character, and that’s a bit of a departure from what we’ve done before, but that was appropriate for a movie called Infinity War.

Source: http://collider.com/avengers-infinity-war-thanos-main-character/#images

Words are not deeds, so take from that what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Yakmouth posted:

Thanks, I hadn't seen that quote before and when you said "solve the villain problem" I thought that did not sound like something Feige would say.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Thanks, I hadn't seen that quote before and when you said "solve the villain problem" I thought that did not sound like something Feige would say.

On that score you're pretty much right. I had actually conflated two different articles that I had read close together. This is the other one: http://comicbook.com/2017/02/08/marvel-president-addresses-studio-s-troubles-with-villains/

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
The deadpool 2 teaser is online

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Throwdown posted:

The deadpool 2 teaser is online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ezsReZcxU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If anyone's wondering how they managed to license the classic 1978 Superman John Williams theme for a Marvel character don't forget that all the X-Men films are co-produced by The Donners' Company. :eng101:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Movie rights are so hosed up.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Yakmouth posted:

If they actually go through with having Thanos experience a full character arc and end with him retiring as a farmer or whatever like in the comics that would be amazing. But it's only going to be one movie now and two and is already going to be super bloated with characters and stuff even with a basic "Thanos shows up and gets all the gems together but is eventually overcome."

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Neo Rasa posted:

If they actually go through with having Thanos experience a full character arc and end with him retiring as a farmer or whatever like in the comics that would be amazing. But it's only going to be one movie now and two and is already going to be super bloated with characters and stuff even with a basic "Thanos shows up and gets all the gems together but is eventually overcome."

Well in the comics mega-crossover events are usually a bloated mess as well.
Still not always, right?

And whatever is going on with the two films it is still two films. They've just decided not to call the second one 'Infinity Wars'

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Exactly. Xavier killed most of the x-men, the government successfully wiped out Mutants, shits really hosed in the x-men universe for mutants. Laura being a fan of the comics makes the final scene really tragic too.

Once again, Jesus watch the movie for Patrick Stuart alone if you have to.

It's Stewart ffs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Syncopated posted:

It's Stewart ffs.

That doesn't sound right at all???

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Once again, Jesus watch the movie for Stewart Stuart alone if you have to.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Syncopated posted:

It's Stewart ffs.

Sir Patrick Stewart OBE, FSS, Dr. Litt. Dr.h.c.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Can anyone make out what Deadpool is saying when he makes the call?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Never really gave a poo poo about Deadpool, but this is pretty cute.
Disappointed he didn't pull a spoon out of a pouch.

Oasx posted:

He tells the dead dude he was trying to call his costumer, it's basically just "Tell him Wade called."

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.

Oasx posted:

I heard "Laird."

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dr. Memory posted:

I heard "Laird."

No, he operates out of the East warehouse on Lairdman Island.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
He says to the corpse at the end that he'd called his costumier who's called Laird.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Was not expecting a deadpool 2 trailer so soon.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

So Nathan Fillion as Cable then?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Article about the casting of the first X-Men movie:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-screenwriter-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-casting-drama-982045

Terrence Stamp and Michael Jackson auditioned for Xavier.
Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey auditioned for Storm. Fox considered Angela Basset but she asked for too much money.
Rachel Leigh Cook also asked for too much when Fox wanted her to play Rogue.
Danzig of course auditioned for Wolverine.
Shaq auditioned. He wanted to play Bishop, but writer David Hayter did not know the character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-screenwriter-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-casting-drama-982045

Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey auditioned for Storm. Fox considered Angela Basset but she asked for too much money.
Shaq auditioned. He wanted to play Bishop, but writer David Hayter did not know the character.

What :psyduck:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Trying real hard to not make a joke regarding a home for wayward children.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i liked the little Deadpool 2 spot. It got a chuckle out of me.

I halfway expected him to pull out the dead guys wallet, have them zoom in on his license and see the name Benjamin Parker.

I would be on board day 1 with Nathan Fillion as Cable, if that's true.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 5, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's not too late for Shaq to play Bishop. Hell, just merge Cable + Bishop and have him do that.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The MSJ posted:

How polite of Hayter to respond that way.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The MSJ posted:

All that good will built up from playing the Guyver and Solid Snake, gone, just like that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

"... Bishop?"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

Jesus, just imagine we could have had a team consisting of Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Danzig and Shaq. And Rachael Leigh Cook, I guess.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd like to think Shaq was high and just assumed and called them up being a comic nerd and asked to play a role that was never planned for.

"Hey David."
"Hello who is this?"
"KAZZAM! Let me play Bishop, man."
"!"
"I was born for it."
"Some kind of...mutant?!"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I love the idea of Shaq showing up and giving an incredible audition for a character that not only wasn't in the movie, but no one else involved with the production knew existed.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
Did Shaq ever weigh in on Days of Future Past?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder if Logan is going to get some Oscar nods. Story/script, acting.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gatts posted:

It won't.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Tom Gorman posted:

I would be on board day 1 with Nathan Fillion as Cable, if that's true.

Why is this a rumour now?

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

What is that song at the end of the Deadpool teaser from? Its driving me nuts. I feel like im going insane because I somehow instantly associated it with Days Of Heaven but that seems unlikely

Gatts posted:

that would be depressing

SpiritOfSanDimas fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 5, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

What is that song at the end of the Deadpool teaser from? Its driving me nuts. I feel like im going insane because I somehow instantly associated it with Days Of Heaven but that seems unlikely

True Romance?

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

True Romance?

Yes!!!! Thank you, you have set my spirit free

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Ok I watched doctor strange from where I left off right through to the end, and I actually really liked it, I think I stopped watching like 2 minutes just before poo poo got really good (just before he got his cape).

The fights got better, strange became more than just a wisecracking empty dick, the stakes were a little higher and the action got way more inventive (loved the backwards time fight and the bargaining with dormammu )

also black dude's a baddie now? ok I can get behind that

I still think the first half of the movie doesn't do it any favours at all but i'm glad I watched it to the end.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Ok I watched doctor strange from where I left off right through to the end, and I actually really liked it, I think I stopped watching like 2 minutes just before poo poo got really good (just before he got his cape).

The fights got better, strange became more than just a wisecracking empty dick, the stakes were a little higher and the action got way more inventive (loved the backwards time fight and the bargaining with dormammu )

also black dude's a baddie now? ok I can get behind that

I still think the first half of the movie doesn't do it any favours at all but i'm glad I watched it to the end.

Mordo was asian* in the comics and is Strange's arch nemesis.

*IIRC I haven't re-read a strange comic in almost a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MrJacobs posted:

Mordo was asian* in the comics and is Strange's arch nemesis.

Transylvanian! Though I doubt it ever really was an important part of the character.

• Locked thread