Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

So... remember how goku has instant transmission, which is a technique and not flight? how do you eliminate him without knocking him out?

More importantly- Goku's SECRET HIDDEN TOP RING RETURN SPIN TECHNIQUE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hate-Senpai posted:

Okay I finished all 4 episodes of Dub of the North Star and it was extremely good poo poo, laughed out loud every episode.

And Remix has just gotten back into the abridging his own poo poo game

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I will be shocked and dismayed if the rest of the Tournament of Power doesn't have backstabs, conspiracies and collusion more than straight up wrestling and reality TV combined. They all hate universe 7, specifically Goku now and even when Goku's a giant rear end in a top hat, Xenos fawn over him. They're totally going to gang up on seven first off at this rate.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I want Universe 7 to immediately lose, and we spend the rest of the series following another random Universe with no build up.

Just complete story shift.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ganging up on Goku and friends is for the best as that way most of the action won't likely end up off screen.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It would be pretty sweet if Goku went out early to a fluke hit and he actually had to reflect on the consequences of his actions whilst he watches his friends fight an uphill struggle against all the other universes out to get them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kurui Reiten posted:

I want Universe 7 to immediately lose, and we spend the rest of the series following another random Universe with no build up.

Just complete story shift.

And that universe is Dragonball GT

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Gonna go with my prediction from last week. This whole tournament is an rear end in a top hat isolation plan. In the end, the Zenos will wipe out seven universes and shove the entire population of the loser universes into the winning one so decent people don't have to look at them. Possibly in hopes they get their poo poo together one day.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Adder Moray posted:

Gonna go with my prediction from last week. This whole tournament is an rear end in a top hat isolation plan. In the end, the Zenos will wipe out seven universes and shove the entire population of the loser universes into the winning one so decent people don't have to look at them. Possibly in hopes they get their poo poo together one day.

I'm hoping the real lesson is Dragonball diploma Z. Gohan and Bulma work with representatives of all the universes and everyone agrees to put on great fights for Zenos, but they all promise to have only 1 representative left at the end of the time limit.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's a Royal Rumble.

It's an Elimination-style Eight-way Tornado Tag Team Match.

Funky Valentine posted:

From Universe 10, Roman Reigns.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Piccolo and Bergamo both grow really huge and fight each other as giants.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I've seen the idea that Goku is relying on Gohan's lead for "intelligence and tactics" for this match, and the episode does kind of imply that, but since when is Gohan the one you want for that? Even at his best, Gohan is never a tactical fighter. His whole thing is that he gets angry, gains an overwhelming power advantage, and then fucks around until either he wears himself out or his opponent does something clever. Vegeta, Piccollo, Tien, Master Roshi, and Goku himself have all proven to be better tactical and strategic fighters than Gohan. Gohan's basically nerd Brolly if we're being honest.

If Goku plans for Gohan to be his trump card, it's because he's falling back on the old Cell Games plan of "Piss Gohan off enough that he brute forces his way to victory."

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. No flying. That'll be interesting. And now back flips are the right thing to do.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Based on the wording and imagery, you can fly until you're considered out of bounds at which point you drop like a stone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I expect to see some psudo-flight via kamehameha, like early Dragonball.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pureauthor posted:

Wasn't that obvious last week? The universe with the lowest rating was the one filled with nothing but assholes. (and a GoD who seemed okay but too weakwilled to actually do anything)

Bergamo is pretty cool.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I've seen the idea that Goku is relying on Gohan's lead for "intelligence and tactics" for this match, and the episode does kind of imply that, but since when is Gohan the one you want for that? Even at his best, Gohan is never a tactical fighter. His whole thing is that he gets angry, gains an overwhelming power advantage, and then fucks around until either he wears himself out or his opponent does something clever. Vegeta, Piccollo, Tien, Master Roshi, and Goku himself have all proven to be better tactical and strategic fighters than Gohan. Gohan's basically nerd Brolly if we're being honest.

If Goku plans for Gohan to be his trump card, it's because he's falling back on the old Cell Games plan of "Piss Gohan off enough that he brute forces his way to victory."

It isn't strategy, it's teamwork. Goku is awful at working with others. Piccolo is silent and has very few real connections. Gohan, meanwhile, is liked by the entirety of Team U7 (except maybe 17), all of which know he's intelligent and capable, much unlike his dad. Piccolo and Krillin especially have shown they trust Gohan a lot.

Piccolo might be the Batman of the team, but Gohan is the Nightwing. And Goku is one of those AUs where Superman goes evil.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku is bizarro

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blaze Dragon posted:

Piccolo and Krillin especially have shown they trust Gohan a lot.

He betrayed that trust and Piccolo died for it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

It isn't strategy, it's teamwork. Goku is awful at working with others. Piccolo is silent and has very few real connections. Gohan, meanwhile, is liked by the entirety of Team U7 (except maybe 17), all of which know he's intelligent and capable, much unlike his dad. Piccolo and Krillin especially have shown they trust Gohan a lot.

Piccolo might be the Batman of the team, but Gohan is the Nightwing. And Goku is one of those AUs where Superman goes evil.

Goku is Captain Marvel, a 10 year old child's mind in the body of an ultra powerful god.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

sassassin posted:

He betrayed that trust and Piccolo died for it.

When he was 5. They've worked with him sense and he's always played anchor well.

Rutibex posted:

Goku is Captain Marvel, a 10 year old child's mind in the body of an ultra powerful god.

Captain Marvel has the "Wisdom of Solomon". Captain Marvel Goku ain't.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

making gohan team leader means there's a chance for a universe 7 ginyu pose

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

When he was 5. They've worked with him sense and he's always played anchor well.

When?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Entire Freeza saga.

Especially the fight with Freeza, where he consistently did more work than Vegeta or Piccolo, up to and including the end if you count filler.

Gohan did work that arc despite being, like, 6. Cell Saga he was kept from fighting until his big moment. Future Gohan knew that team work would get him killed because Trunks couldn't hold his own in a fight. Mind you, not teamwork got him killed too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Wasn't his name changed to Shazam recently?

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if Goku will at any point realize the gravity of the situation he's in and just how many people are going to die because of him?

My pet theory is that Goku asked for all this to happen behind the scenes with Zeno. He wanted everyone to come at him like he was the villain because thats how hes always found people get their most power ups, while trying to defeat evil.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
I'm starting to think the High Priest might not actually be a villain. Since Zeno is just a kid he probably originally just wanted to erase the low-ranking universes because their internal problems kept leading to boring work for him which interrupted fun things. The High Priest is also likely aware of just how quickly the Zenos can change their minds, so he probably knows that Goku's tournament will end in the Zenos thinking the universes are too exciting to erase (or it will end in an 8-way tie). It seems like a convenient, if somewhat risky, way to prevent the universes from being erased while effectively scaring the gods into getting their acts together and actually doing their jobs.

The biggest risk factor for Universe 7 itself at this point really is Goku. Not only has he made the Universe 7 fighters into targets which everyone else will likely prioritize, but he's really not great at teamwork and he's even more eager than usual to fight strong people, so I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to Goku getting into a long 1-on-1 fight which distracts him from being able to save one or more of his teammates.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wasn't his name changed to Shazam recently?

It was changed back.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

LolitaSama posted:

My pet theory is that Goku asked for all this to happen behind the scenes with Zeno. He wanted everyone to come at him like he was the villain because thats how hes always found people get their most power ups, while trying to defeat evil.

It worked in Vegeta vs Cabba.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how Whis tells Goku that Zeno will erase him if he asks him to remove the stipulation about erasing universes.

Then Bergamo does it and Zeno is just like "That's fine."

Thanks, Whis.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The high priest seems to be the one pulling Zeno strings, maybe Whis is evil? If they don't fight Zeno, at least give us a fight against the angels!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rutibex posted:

The high priest seems to be the one pulling Zeno strings, maybe Whis is evil? If they don't fight Zeno, at least give us a fight against the angels!

This feels like a super hard reach.

Like, we don't need to doubt the morality of every single character involved here. We know Zeno has no problem destroying planets and universes because we've already seen him do it, in both the Future Trunks arc and with their game at the start of this arc, no High Priest involved. There's no indication that Zeno does anything other than whatever the gently caress he (they) want, because that's all the story has showed us. Whis warned Goku because he figured that would happen (probably from past experience with Zeno) and was wrong, not because everything has to be part of an evil conspiracy.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 5, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Frieza is responsible for all of this. He became penpals with zen-oh while in hell.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"Furries get beat up; shout "see me in Smash tho" as they run away"

I didn't see this poo poo coming. Maybe DBS can book a better Royal Rumble than WWE - although I'm betting Gohan gets eliminated by some rando rear end in a top hat and Roshi has a miraculous ironman run where he just cowers and hides all the time. I'm excited for the tournament tho, it's kind of a novel idea that allows for different fighting than the usual zip-punch extravaganza. Also this episode kinda confirmed a bunch of fan theories, what with Goku playing the villain, the "Mortal Level" not being a straight-up power level thing, Gohan probably having some significance (lol no)...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Did I miss the part where Mortal Level is somehow not a level of power? Bergamo seems way weaker than Goku and it would make sense considering he's from the weakest universe.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Burkion posted:

Gohan did work that arc despite being, like, 6. Cell Saga he was kept from fighting until his big moment. Future Gohan knew that team work would get him killed because Trunks couldn't hold his own in a fight. Mind you, not teamwork got him killed too.

Cell saga Gohan waited for his dad to save the day until a robot head told him to get angry, but instead got sadistic and hosed up so much that dad (and his God) had to die.

Garlick Jr. saga Gohan had to watch Piccolo and Krillin both throw themselves out of his scaredycat energy shield and still wouldn't save the day for the best part of another episode.

Competent salaryman, brainless fighter.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

Did I miss the part where Mortal Level is somehow not a level of power? Bergamo seems way weaker than Goku and it would make sense considering he's from the weakest universe.

Well

Considering the fact that SSJ made everyone nervous

And SSJ Blue straight up freaked out all of the Gods of Destruction and Kais and may have even gotten some surprised looks from the Angels

I'd say the Mortal Level being power level is pretty bullshit.

Also the good GoDs and Kais bragged about what a good job they did raising their universe. I doubt they're going around and teaching them how to fight.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Yeah next episode is going to make it very obvious on what mortal level actually means imo, and I sense goku will get no satisfaction from any of this

Placing bets now that goku will end up fighting zeno by the end of the series (if not the end of this saga to save the other universes)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Momomo posted:

Bergamo's argument that universe 7 should have a lower mortal level than 9 is that Goku is an idiot who is going to get gajillions of people killed

seems like it was pretty clearly about moral fiber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't remember which part it is, but Zamasu shooting energy bullets at Goku while the latter does a bunch of backflips to avoid them was great.

sassassin posted:

Why are you backflipping?

You can fly.

Hypocrisy posted:

Huh. No flying. That'll be interesting. And now back flips are the right thing to do.

He knew! The Zamasu arc was actually a training arc!

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 5, 2017

• Locked thread