Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cry Havoc posted:

what's your friend code i'm sure those with pimped out friend units will be glad to help

Also, man, how did you get your Olive's LB to level 10 already? I must know these secrets because that is some awesome power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
25 slots. Have at it, goons:

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 4, 2017

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
The real quality of life of this patch:

When an enemy gets stoned that sprites color palette gets grayed out :vince:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vax posted:

The real quality of life of this patch:

When an enemy gets stoned that sprites color palette gets grayed out :vince:

It did that before but it was kind of buggy and wouldn't always do it. Some units would flicker back and forth for me, notably Noctis and Snow.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Nuebot posted:

Also, man, how did you get your Olive's LB to level 10 already? I must know these secrets because that is some awesome power.

oh that i just had a bunch of burst pots from arena/arena summmons taking up space that i was more than happy to use haha

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

I've had a case where the game crashed once and would just boot to a black screen until I restarted my phone, try that if you haven't already? Besides that I got nothing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If a hard power cycle of the phone doesn't work, deleting and re-downloading loading is the next step you can take. If it's a thing that can be fixed on your end, that is.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Unfortunately, you are straight up screwed for this week. Your arena points are miscalculated since you crashed during the victory adding. You can send a ticket in, but I almost guarantee you they will not fix it before it fixes itself. Next Friday on reset. :(

(this happened to me a while back)
Thanks all of you, but yeah it seems that last post nailed it. Uninstalling and reinstalling, logging in and out of Facebook, changing phones, nothing helped. Looks like the fuckup is server side unfortunately.

At least you've put my mind to ease knowing it'll fix itself. Missing 6 days worth of Lapis and Medals sucks but what can I do? At least this week was Smart pots which I don't care about much. Hopefully I'll still be able to get top 30K monthly.

Still, where do I submit a ticket to Gumi? Maybe the fuckup applies to my monthly points too? I'd hate for that to happen. And maybe I can coerce them to compensate me or something.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Does anybody feel like this banner is being more generous with Queen than a usual new 5* banner character? Or am I just seeing tinfoil hat poo poo again? :tinfoil:

Well after getting Queen today after getting Olive last week, sure.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to do a 1/2 pull even though I somehow pulled Queen yesterday:

Gold Crystal - Nine :buddy:

Eight, Nine, Queen, Exdeath, Exdeath can clear ELT with the only risk being if neither Exdeath manages to paralyze the boss with their LB, which should be extremely rare since their LBs are level 2 and level 10. Fight setup is to focus down the 3 soldiers in round 1 with melee, then both exdeaths doublecast thunaga on the following waves while everyone else keeps doing melee attacks for more LB crystals if needed. Nine's also using the twin lance. My last run used a non-friend level 1 5* queen as my buddy and didn't have any problems. Queen's using enhancer+coral sword so even though she's only ~530atk she does probably 120-150k to the boss with devastate and elemental chains with the Exdeath Thundagas. Don't have a machine killer materia for her, sadly.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I setup my Olive with double Man-Eater at 1008 ATK to kill Nimbus if anyone wants to give it a shot. There's no reason not to really since he can't wipe your party if you go in with at least 5 people alive.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

So, I just pulled my 2nd Shine off a ticket pull. From the type-0 banner. After spending 30+ tickets on the Global unit banner trying to get another one of her.

......Sure, gently caress it. Whatever.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'll be posting an updated spreadsheet of non-whale 6* characters in a bit. Some of the Altema ratings have changed, plus ExviusWiki adjusted some of their own. None of the current easy 6* units are god tier anymore, though ExviusWiki now has an emerging bias toward whale units. In other words, 4*/6* units like Cecil are underrated by 0.5 on the Global side.

Nine is almost a full point below where he should be, given the fact that he was buffed quite a bit for global. His Hyper Dive still hits for a good 300k against our current Elite boss Brionac, and twice if he's dual wielding. We also have easy access to a good selection of elemental spears, so their comment about elemental exploitation is a bit off base.

Varance fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 5, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I looked at some of our Queens and... wow, she really is bad huh? Even with some of the people here giving her a full BiS TM setup her stats never get that high.
Which makes me wonder, how much of her damage output is contingent on her Berserk activating? How does that damage boost work, and does it stack with everything else?
If nothing else, I can foresee her being useful in some trials with "Summon Esper" requirements, because hitting a boss 10 times while still doing ok damage is a pretty attractive proposition.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Varance posted:

I'll be posting an updated spreadsheet of non-whale 6* characters in a bit. Some of the Altema ratings have changed, plus ExviusWiki adjusted some of their own. None of the current easy 6* units are god tier anymore, though ExviusWiki now has an emerging bias toward whale units. In other words, 4*/6* units like Cecil are underrated by 0.5 on the Global side.

Nine is almost a full point below where he should be, given the fact that he was buffed quite a bit for global. His Hyper Dive still hits for a good 300k against our current Elite boss Brionac, and twice if he's dual wielding. We also have easy access to a good selection of elemental spears, so their comment about elemental exploitation is a bit off base.

Queen's altema ranking is depressing as hell. :smith:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

HGH posted:

I looked at some of our Queens and... wow, she really is bad huh? Even with some of the people here giving her a full BiS TM setup her stats never get that high.
Which makes me wonder, how much of her damage output is contingent on her Berserk activating? How does that damage boost work, and does it stack with everything else?
If nothing else, I can foresee her being useful in some trials with "Summon Esper" requirements, because hitting a boss 10 times while still doing ok damage is a pretty attractive proposition.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Queen's altema ranking is depressing as hell. :smith:
Queen is a hybrid. She will do mediocre damage with half of her abilities if her stats aren't split down the middle, then do middling damage when she is. Many of our Queens are ATK based, so avoid her caster magic and Energy Combo. Stick with Balestra Lunge and Devastate.

Doesn't help that we don't have any good hybrid weapons for her yet. That list includes Lohengrin (event we didn't get), Breath of Rose (not sure on the translation, TM reward on a unit that just came out in JP so 6+ months) and Solcelle (TM on Sylvia, also 6 months off).

Varance fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 5, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I find those sites hilarious now. I read in here that player X is awesome. I go to investigate more and one website says they are mediocre, while the other considers them trash.

I don't know what to think about this game.

In other news I am going to dick around with Intangir tomorrow. Then i am going to grind the gently caress out of the event. Sword, mace, tickets, a handful more mats for Marie awakening, trust moogle(s).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Varance posted:

SUB PAR

NOT OPTIMAL

GRIND

GRIND

EMULATOR GRIND

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yes, because Nine is suuuuch a lovely character for a 4* base. He's only capable of doing 200,000 on a hardened target immune to defense breaks every third turn with generic story quest gear. :rolleyes:

Refia Embolden, let Ling do her thing while he's in the air. Outside of completely broken units like Orlandu, he's very comparable to a Bartz or Chizuru, has great AoE that picks up weapon elements, with a weapon set that includes a lot of elemental weaps, plus has powerful single target damage and *cannot* be damaged while using them. Only downside is that you need Refia for the extended duration attack boost to make him truly sing.

Bonus Cactuar massacre:

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 5, 2017

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Welp after grabbing all the tickets from this event and tossing them on olives banner I've now passed 120 tickets and no rainbows. Keep telling myself I have to be due for one soon but then reality just comes crashing back down. Now I'm bummed out I burned through my whole drat ticket stash before players banner and now I have zero shot at a Gregg or 2nd noctis. Boo.

I do however have several tms close enough to moogle over the finish line. Would I be better off getting dual wield for one of my secondary damage units like chiz, or should I go for something to enhance my noctis like Excalibur? I could also get doublehand too, as well as noctis ring. Basically I'm wondering if I'm better off souping noctis up or trying to spread it around a little on cheese

Forgot to mention, I don't tm farm so it's one tm at a time for me when I manage to stash enough moogle to top someone off

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'd juice up Noctis first. He can carry a whole team on his back and makes it easy to complete trials and special events which snowballs into getting your other guys beefed up.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Ooh good point I didn't consider the exponential returns aspect of it. I guess the next question is whether to go for Excalibur or shines 30% Atk tm. In any event thanks for the advice!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

Edit: If you were around for Big Bridge, he can use Twin Lance to hit twice with Hyper Dive, no dual wield required.

This does not work. Had Twin Lance on, Hyper Dive only hit once. Why must you get my hopes up like that?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dana Crysalis posted:

This does not work. Had Twin Lance on, Hyper Dive only hit once. Why must you get my hopes up like that?
Hmm, does that only work for his other attacks?

Either way, dual wield DOES double his damage (qcontrol's friend unit has this), and there's an accessory coming down the pipe later in the main story that adds a second High Jump passive, giving Hyper Dive an effective 4050% multiplier when dual wielding. If you don't mind a unit that disappears for half the battle before hitting like a truck... :getin:

Edit: This also get more insane when we get the Dragoon fix, allowing for elements and killer effects to pass through and shorter duration buffs to stick while in flight.

Once enhancements roll around, Nine is capable of soloing elite bosses. His double recovery gains refresh/regen, which ticks *while he's in the air*. As long as he can survive a single round of attacks, he's nigh invincible with that upgrade + another auto-regen thrown on top. Some videos, for your enjoyment. Keep in mind that, as solo, there are no buffs or debuffs in play, other than auto protect/shell and said auto-refresh/regen from the enhancement. Also, our Nine is buffed and is stronger than the JP Nine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SWNNbDlp-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzOGwPckuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPbp3OWYPo

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 5, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Ooh good point I didn't consider the exponential returns aspect of it. I guess the next question is whether to go for Excalibur or shines 30% Atk tm. In any event thanks for the advice!

You probably want to double check in the unit calculator but my gut feeling is Excalibur is probably the bigger upgrade.

Sheik90
Nov 26, 2010

Varance posted:

Either way, dual wield DOES double his damage (qcontrol's friend unit has this), and there's an accessory coming down the pipe later in the main story that adds a second High Jump passive, giving Hyper Dive an effective 4050% multiplier when dual wielding. If you don't mind a unit that disappears for half the battle before hitting like a truck... :getin:

Edit: This also get more insane when we get the Dragoon fix, allowing for elements and killer effects to pass through and shorter duration buffs to stick while in flight.

Once enhancements roll around, Nine is capable of soloing elite bosses. His double recovery gains refresh/regen, which ticks *while he's in the air*. As long as he can survive a single round of attacks, he's nigh invincible with that upgrade. Some videos, for your enjoyment. Keep in mind that, as solo, there are no buffs or debuffs in play, other than auto protect/shell and said auto-refresh/regen from the enhancement. Also, our Nine is buffed and is stronger than the JP Nine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SWNNbDlp-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzOGwPckuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPbp3OWYPo

Now I am debating if I should level up Nine to 6* before Chizuru, any suggestions which one I should do first? Been playing for a month or so and I am currently using 6* Bartz for physical damage, also I dont have any TMR's yet.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

Twin Lance (and Yun's passive, and Aurora Scarf) give the ability "Two-Hit Combo". It ONLY works on basic attack command, not any special abilities at all.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sheik90 posted:

Now I am debating if I should level up Nine to 6* before Chizuru, any suggestions which one I should do first? Been playing for a month or so and I am currently using 6* Bartz for physical damage, also I dont have any TMR's yet.
It will be a while before he gets enhancements. In the mean time, he's just a good standard DPS. Bartz was my go-to for damage, but I just recently gained Chizuru, soooo...

Also remember that Warrior of Light and Lasswell should be getting their 6* forms this month, and both are great characters to have at 6*

Edit: As promised earlier, updated F2P character charts. Roles are going to be controversial, depending on the character. I tried to set them for the primary reason why you'd bring a character. For example, why do you bring Cloud of Darkness over Chizuru or Bartz, who also have Barrage? Yeah, she's got Man-Eater traits, but Onmiveil and Return are the bigger draw - both are support skills.

The "equivalent score" is simply pegging a 14.0 on Exvius Wiki (the rating Orlandu will probably have) to a 98 rating on Altema... in other words, ExvWiki Rating x 7.

As I mentioned before, Exvius Wiki is starting to skew ratings heavily in the favor of 5* whale units and undervaluing recognized good 3*/4* base units. To counter the skew, I'm rating units based on the average of the two. The truth has to be somewhere in the middle, right? Right? :ohdear:

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 5, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is my Queen's final form, let me know if there's some better way, but I don't have much MAG TM gear beyond a dualcast.

After this event, she's going in the display case permanently. If I don't feed her to Bedile once her TM is grinded...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh a 5 star crystal! It's delita! Literally second only to Queen in how poo poo he is. I would have taken the queen over him just for the extra phantoma

Hell I bet he's more poo poo than her given lack of enhancements and queens minor buffs

My previous rainbow was garnet, and I'm thinking she might have been a better pull than him just because she has more potential whenever they decide to update the ffix units with 6* versions

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 5, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Welp after grabbing all the tickets from this event and tossing them on olives banner I've now passed 120 tickets and no rainbows. Keep telling myself I have to be due for one soon but then reality just comes crashing back down. Now I'm bummed out I burned through my whole drat ticket stash before players banner and now I have zero shot at a Gregg or 2nd noctis. Boo.

I do however have several tms close enough to moogle over the finish line. Would I be better off getting dual wield for one of my secondary damage units like chiz, or should I go for something to enhance my noctis like Excalibur? I could also get doublehand too, as well as noctis ring. Basically I'm wondering if I'm better off souping noctis up or trying to spread it around a little on cheese

Forgot to mention, I don't tm farm so it's one tm at a time for me when I manage to stash enough moogle to top someone off

i think i got close to 300 pulls in between rainbow crystals so it can always get worse :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One thing about these charts is that God and Top are used way to frequently and they sort of lose their meaning. I'd never put any other healer but Ayaka and Tilith in the "God" or highest tier of healers, while Refia and Yshtola can be top. Luka and Aria might be a peg lower than those two, because the are less flexible and dont scale as well, even though enhanced Luka has her own niche that can be useful. For stat boosting/healing support Ramza and Roy are both way higher than other ones in their role. For elemental resistance buffing nothing is as strong as Marie, its a particular niche that isn't really that useful, but she's way better at that role than Minfilia. Rikku provides just enough elemental resist to be good at this role, while proving a tone more support and damage elsewhere to make her an overall better unit than either of them. Tanks are probably the hardest to classify because all of the good tanks can fit into particular niches, but the total package of WoL cannot be beaten.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cao Ni Ma posted:

One thing about these charts is that God and Top are used way to frequently and they sort of lose their meaning. I'd never put any other healer but Ayaka and Tilith in the "God" or highest tier of healers, while Refia and Yshtola can be top. Luka and Aria might be a peg lower than those two, because the are less flexible and dont scale as well, even though enhanced Luka has her own niche that can be useful. For stat boosting/healing support Ramza and Roy are both way higher than other ones in their role. For elemental resistance buffing nothing is as strong as Marie, its a particular niche that isn't really that useful, but she's way better at that role than Minfilia. Rikku provides just enough elemental resist to be good at this role, while proving a tone more support and damage elsewhere to make her an overall better unit than either of them. Tanks are probably the hardest to classify because all of the good tanks can fit into particular niches, but the total package of WoL cannot be beaten.
It's not supposed to be an all-inclusive list; it's more for building a team you can rely upon until some decent rainbows show up. In other words, this is specifically an at-a-glance reference for the F2P players who aren't going to toss hundreds of dollars at banners for a chance at a rainbow. "Cool, I pulled Agrias! Is she good?." When you chances of pulling a Marie or Ayaka are somewhere between the realm of "finding a $20 on the sidewalk" and "winning the Powerball," the definition of "God" tier is a bit different.

If it's more pleasing, I can switch over to the American-style ABCDF terminology and reserve A+ for those units that truly stand out (97+ average rating; in other words, nothing that's 3* or 4* base except maaaaaybe Rikku, assuming her GL form doesn't get the Noctis bat).

Fake edit: Also, for those lists, I'm not counting limited-time units that aren't in the general lapis pool. Ling, Santa Roselia, Cupid Artemios, Primm and Dangerous Arianna all fall into that category. I'll add them to a separate list eventually, but it's pointless to plan around them if you don't have them since A) it might be months/years until they can be pulled again and B) we tend to miss a lot of collabs. I would not expect to see the Imperial SaGa collab, and the Monster Hunter collab is iffy at best.

Varance fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 5, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Everyone's hyping up WoL's 6* for its breaker abilities, but what about Garland? I hear he becomes not unlike a Lightning but with Doublehand instead of DW?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

Everyone's hyping up WoL's 6* for its breaker abilities, but what about Garland? I hear he becomes not unlike a Lightning but with Doublehand instead of DW?

He's literally doublehand Lightning with slightly more element coverage, as he can hit Dark, plus Air, Earth, Fire, and Water. He can also inflict Dark weakness. He is a hell of a budget beatstick, especially if you run some others who can either hit or inflict dark damage. If you -have- the dual wields, though, he's not going to hate having one. Unfortunately, without Doublehand stacking, that's not really enough to make him as absurdly long term useful as Warrior of Light's tanking and AOE breaks.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Every one of these events reminds me that it would be really great if you could upgrade the unit bonus by awakening event characters and might make people more likely to try out/improve event units.

It's a really good, obvious idea that would make the grind less bad though so it will never happen I guess.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My current team of Not 6★, But Slowly Getting There* is Cecil, Xiao, Exdeath, Gilgamesh, and Refia. Based on this, I should switch my team from to Xiao > Firion, and Gilgamesh > Cloud Of Darkness, right?

Then, when their respective 6★ upgrade unlocks, replace Cecil > Warrior Of Light, and Refia > Fina?

*That is, all 5 units on my team can be promoted to 6★, as soon as I get the required materials.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

My current team of Not 6★, But Slowly Getting There* is Cecil, Xiao, Exdeath, Gilgamesh, and Refia. Based on this, I should switch my team from to Xiao > Firion, and Gilgamesh > Cloud Of Darkness, right?

Then, when their respective 6★ upgrade unlocks, replace Cecil > Warrior Of Light, and Refia > Fina?

*That is, all 5 units on my team can be promoted to 6★, as soon as I get the required materials.

Gilgamesh starts at 5, and is outside this chart. Nothing on here really compares to him. Firion is basically an inferior Gilgamesh for most purposes. Firion is better than Xiao, though, especially if you have a (second) dual wield to give him (your first should be on gilgamesh). Warrior of Light will absolutely be better than Cecil once he releases, and Fina gets some crazy poo poo at 6 stars.

I'm confused why you've got all these not at 6 stars yet, though, when the upgraded cactuar dunes have been up all weekend. Just stockpiling? No awakening mats?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

No, you'd actually benefit more from keeping Xiao over swapping her for firion because you dont have a breaker in that team and at least Xiao can debuff attack and defense (Unless you happen to have everything to turn Firion into a beast). You shouldn't switch out a gilgamesh for a CoD unless you NEED elemental resists. And a kit out Refia will still be better than a 6* even with two sets of enhancements.

Once WoL comes out then you can easily tag him in place of Cecil and then you can switch out Xiao for someone else.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
just finished my last shine tm and have maxed olive's attack :woop:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm confused why you've got all these not at 6 stars yet, though, when the upgraded cactuar dunes have been up all weekend. Just stockpiling? No awakening mats?

Because until recently, I just didn't give a drat about it. I only started to because I finally have some characters capable of reaching 6* right now:

Bartz
Cecil
Cerius
Cloud Of Darkness
Dark Knight Cecil
Exdeath
Firion
Gilgamesh
Medius
Mercedes
Rain
Refia
Santa Roselia
Xiao

I don't have any TMRs to go with them, and I always did the bare minimum in King Mog Exchange Events, so I don't have any of the good gear or skills from those. As a matter of fact, except for Gilgamesh, everyone on my team is currently 4*. Now I have to play catchup, but I don't mind. Before, it felt like I had nothing to do except log in for the daily reward, so this makes me feel like I have a reason to play the game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nimbus is a loving pussy and ran off just as I was about to bring the pain.

• Locked thread