Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

SBJ posted:

Horizon is a good Zelda game

Zelda game? I heard it''s a Farcry game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

And we wonder why isis hats us.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So which virgin has the bragging right of being friend zoned by the Princess first?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Alan_Shore posted:

The Dreamcast was peak launch. Everything worked. Stunning line up of games. A constant stream of games to keep you happy. The PS2 launch was a goddamn catastrophe.

Hmm.....

Dreamcast: 11/27/98-3/31/01 9-million
PS2 : 3/4/00-1/4/13 150-million

Yes, the Dreamcast must have had a successful stream of quality games to keep people happy for less than 2.5 years.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Mammal Sauce posted:

Hmm.....

Yes, the Dreamcast must have had a successful stream of quality games to keep people happy for less than 2.5 years.

That's incredibly disingenuous. The sequel to the best selling console of all time which also was the cheapest DVD player obviously outsold the Dreamcast. But if you actually wanted to play games for the first few months then you didn't want a PS2. Also, it had issues with the memory cards on launch that corrupted all your saves or something.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

Hmm.....

:ssh:
the happiest part was the fact that you could copy Dreamcast games with a normal CD burner

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I absolutely loved the dreamcast but to suggest it had no launch problems is hilarious considering Sega accidentally sent PAL games to the US and people had to return them to get ntsc copies. I thought my system was broken and it turned out I was sold a PAL game at a major retailer lol

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Mammal Sauce posted:

Pedo spotted. MODS!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol goons be like yoshi? more like yoSHIT :smug:

:yoshi:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The Saturn was the best Sega console.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Dreamcast had Ooga Booga making it one of the greatest things ever made.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kainser posted:

The Saturn was the best Sega console.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

The Dreamcast had Ooga Booga making it one of the greatest things ever made.

wha-what did you say

*starts typing an email to HR

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

emulator update: i am now playing ps1, snes and nintendo 64 games on my android phone and it is :krad:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Still more powerful than a Nintendo Switch

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I absolutely loved the dreamcast but to suggest it had no launch problems is hilarious considering Sega accidentally sent PAL games to the US and people had to return them to get ntsc copies. I thought my system was broken and it turned out I was sold a PAL game at a major retailer lol

poo poo, I never head about that. Still not as bad as losing all of your saves because of bad memory cards, or literally not having any games to play at all.

I mean poo poo son, Soul Calibur AND Power Stone AND Sonic Adventure AND Crazy Taxi? GodDAMN

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

is super mario rpg good?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Not as good as dc:ss

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

poo poo, I never head about that. Still not as bad as losing all of your saves because of bad memory cards, or literally not having any games to play at all.

I mean poo poo son, Soul Calibur AND Power Stone AND Sonic Adventure AND Crazy Taxi? GodDAMN

i still love the dreamcast because my tablet can play Dreamcast roms but not PS2, and the Dreamcast has the Marvel vs Capcom 2

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trunko posted:

Not as good as dc:ss

that looks complicated and exhausting and im too retarded to play it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Still don't know why there isn't a proper chu chu rocket remake

Dreamcast worms was the best too. Plus of course mother loving Rez :catdrugs:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Heath posted:

I bought one of those 360 pads with the transforming D-pad because I liked it for fighting games and the plastic was so cheap that it literally crumbled after like 3 months of use. That combined with the joystick placement making my thumb joint lock up and I just sold the whole loving console in favor of PS3 and the dual shock and never looked back

Why would you play fighting games (plural) and not buy a proper fight stick?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Still don't know why there isn't a proper chu chu rocket remake

Dreamcast worms was the best too. Plus of course mother loving Rez :catdrugs:

There's an iOS and Android release of ChuChu Rocket! if you really want to play.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Batterypowered7 posted:

There's an iOS and Android release of ChuChu Rocket! if you really want to play.

ChuChu rocket was ported to the GBA, anything can emulate a GBA

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Rutibex posted:

ChuChu rocket was ported to the GBA, anything can emulate a GBA

Except the Nintendo Switch, lol.

Because it is underpowered, you see.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Professor SJW posted:

is super mario rpg good?

yes you idiot

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This thread makes me really want a Wii U to play Wind Waker where are my clearance deals

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Honestly new Zelda is maybe a 7-8/10. Goons losing their minds over how amazing it is. A lot of the realism Skyrim whatever aspects like weather/temp affecting you and weapon durability are annoying as gently caress. I guess I prefer a more linear Zelda too. That's disregarding the poo poo graphics and fps

Still gonna give it an honest go and maybe it'll pick up idk

I've not played the game but i'm gonna give it a solid 7 out of 10.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Alan_Shore posted:

That's incredibly disingenuous. The sequel to the best selling console of all time which also was the cheapest DVD player obviously outsold the Dreamcast. But if you actually wanted to play games for the first few months then you didn't want a PS2. Also, it had issues with the memory cards on launch that corrupted all your saves or something.

The disc drive in PS2s also broke all the time so a lot of those sales are probably the same people buying 2 or 3 units.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

yes you idiot

nah it sucks :smug:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

I know I'm wrong but for some reason I thought the Dreamcast had better graphics than the ps2,even today.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I know I'm wrong but for some reason I thought the Dreamcast had better graphics than the ps2,even today.

You might not be wrong, the ps2 was definitely less powerful than the GameCube and Xbox.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The PS2 had a faster processor and more RAM (but half the video RAM), but I definitely remember thinking that Dreamcast games looked better.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah you wanna talk about odd hardware choices the ps2 was... Whew a nightmare. Whomever designed that was insane.

If you all want something to mock there is not enough talk about the left joycon being busted for a lot of people. To the point that a recall won't surprise me. Mine all works though and got to play Zelda while out and about yesterday and that was awesome. I really like that I don't have to wait to get home to play something or have to look at a small screen when I do get home.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

so the nintendo switch. is this sort of like a new wii or something

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Mandator posted:

Some fancy new controller I think.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mandator posted:

its an upgraded tablet controller for the WiiU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

Yeah you wanna talk about odd hardware choices the ps2 was... Whew a nightmare. Whomever designed that was insane.

If you all want something to mock there is not enough talk about the left joycon being busted for a lot of people. To the point that a recall won't surprise me. Mine all works though and got to play Zelda while out and about yesterday and that was awesome. I really like that I don't have to wait to get home to play something or have to look at a small screen when I do get home.

What are you carrying it around in? I don't own any cargo pants, JNCO jeans, or a fanny pack, and I don't want to have to carry an extra bag around just to keep it in.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Nill posted:

Some fancy new controller I think.

they're already working on the nintendo pegasus. the console is shaped exactly like a n64 controller and you just hook it right to the tv with an hdmi cable so your console is the controller. stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

also there's a screen in the controller that you can pop out. nice

• Locked thread