Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

I just straight-up taunted the Totem Mimikyu by opening with Pikachu and Volt-switching out.

Don't bully my pal Mimikyu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

I breed a ton of Mareanies for WT purposes (because I'd rather send out something good than recycled junk mons) and I'm just waiting for this to happen to me.

Also recently got an obviously hacked shiny Magnemite in WT (perfect 30/31 IVs for HP Fire). Somebody tell me I'm not crazy and that Eviolite Magneton is better than Magnezone, because blue-eye Magnezone seems like such a step back from gold Magneton. I mean, he's -10 in HP and SpA, but he's +10 in Speed and way better in Def and SpDef with Eviolite.

The Goofy wail is far superior to whatever Magnezone's cry is so you shouldn't base this on appearance alone

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Ooh, I hatched a shiny Scatterbug. I can have a shiny Garden Vivillon now, that's exciting... looks like shininess only changes Vivillon's body colour, not the wings though. That's a pity.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Paul.Power posted:

I just straight-up taunted the Totem Mimikyu by opening with Pikachu and Volt-switching out.

One part :perfect: one part :unsmigghh:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

So I just finished playing the main story in Pokemon Sun. It was like someone watched Disney's "Moana" and then binged "Stranger Things" and then made a Pokemon game.

It was great. The final cutscene after you become Champion is way too long though.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Ccs posted:

It was great. The final cutscene after you become Champion is way too long though.

Yeah, I was sitting there practically yelling at my 3ds "JUST LET ME SAVE DAMNIT!"

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Looking to add in some favorites to my Sun and Moon battle team, would anyone want to trade with me for the following Pokemon?

Bunneary/Lopunny
Scraggy/Scrafty
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff

I can't give much in return. But surely you will be blessed by the God Arceus.
My FC is 2080-1366-1900

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just ran into a Shiny Pelliper while level grinding.

It was Modest and had Drizzle and a Pretty Wing. :c00l:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I was trying to run into a Salamence for an hour one time.

A shiny Bagon appeared.

Wasn't a Salamence so I passed on that.

Still didn't get a Salamence in the end.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've had the shiny charm since week 3 of this gen. I have made over 15 boxes of eggs so far. I have only seen one shiny. A Magnemite that showed up as soon as I set foot in grass looking for an island scan. :negative:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Using Masuda method too?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Hrist posted:

I've had the shiny charm since week 3 of this gen. I have made over 15 boxes of eggs so far. I have only seen one shiny. A Magnemite that showed up as soon as I set foot in grass looking for an island scan. :negative:

I still don't have the shiny charm.

I have run into three shinies and hatched four without trying.

RNG is lyfe.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

AlternateNu posted:

RNG is lyfe.

In Y I got pokerus from a wild Pokemon during the storyline. Sometimes wildly improbable things happen.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

Using Masuda method too?

Yes. I have a German Ditto perpetually in the daycare, and I have an American game that I use my caught pokemon to breed. It sucks.

edit: I have seen 4 not-forced shinnies ever, for the record. 1 in Pearl, 2 in X.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have four shineys. One I caught off an SOS chain (golbat), two are blatantly hacked ones I got off Wonder Trade (Lvl 1 Sandygast with a champion ribbon and Lvl 5 Eevee with champion ribbon and a footprint ribbon, both with 6IV and Pokerus), and the last one has enough plausible deniability to it but is likely hacked (Turtwig with 6IV but nothing else). I had better luck finding them in X though, but I can't find my cart anywhere (read: too lazy to dig it up).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ogmius815 posted:

In Y I got pokerus from a wild Pokemon during the storyline. Sometimes wildly improbable things happen.

Before this gen, I only ever saw two legitimate shinies: a Bellsprout in Fire Red and an Oddish in, I think, Platinum.

I did get a natural Pokerus hit in Black 2, though.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've seen a speed run attempt where Wally or whatever his name was got a shiny Ralts in the tutorial. Even the NPCs have better luck than me.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I hatched a shiny Inkay the other day. I need to get it to level 100 in a game where grinding is a huge pain in the rear end in order to make it competitive, but at least it had the right ability. The main reason the battle spot is driving me crazy is that I need a 50-win streak to get an Ability Capsule for my Limber shiny Toxapex.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Rangpur posted:

I hatched a shiny Inkay the other day. I need to get it to level 100 in a game where grinding is a huge pain in the rear end in order to make it competitive, but at least it had the right ability. The main reason the battle spot is driving me crazy is that I need a 50-win streak to get an Ability Capsule for my Limber shiny Toxapex.

BP seems really easy to get if you've got Pokemon Bank and a ton of breedjects just sitting in it. Mine's about half full, generates BP really fast. I had 600some when I got Moon, let me buy all the mega stones i wanted.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OgreNoah posted:

BP seems really easy to get if you've got Pokemon Bank and a ton of breedjects just sitting in it. Mine's about half full, generates BP really fast. I had 600some when I got Moon, let me buy all the mega stones i wanted.

How does that work then?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

AlternateNu posted:

RNG is lyfe.

Masuda Method makes a much greater difference than Shiny Charm does (unless they changed it this gen) so it's not that unlikely.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hammerite posted:

Masuda Method makes a much greater difference than Shiny Charm does (unless they changed it this gen) so it's not that unlikely.

They stack, by the way.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rangpur posted:

To potentially save you the time, if you're after its Hidden Ability (Regenerator), then you're SOL, I'm afraid. You can't use Ability Capsules to get, nor change, a Hidden Ability. The best you could get is Merciless.

Re: Shinies, I've gotten a handful of shinies this gen from Wonder Trades, evidently from Twitch streamers, and the like. The nicest one is probably the Shiny Salandit I got. Female, Hidden Ability, Moon Ball, and its Hidden Power is ground. Only drawback to it is it has a dumb nickname- Blazeraptor. Probably named after the streamer, or some poo poo.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh, I know you can't get an HA with Ability Capsules, but Cinnamon has the wrong nature for a Mareanie anyway so I thought I'd make a gimmick out of an offensive set with Merciless and Venoshock. (And a corrosive Salazzle because why the hell not?)

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

iospace posted:

How does that work then?

You put a bunch of Pokemon in the online bank, and it generates 1BP per some amount of Pokemon in there that you can have it sent as BP or pokemiles to your game when you login to bank.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Silver Falcon posted:

Blazeraptor. Probably named after the streamer, or some poo poo.

More likely just a nickname that fits the design

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OgreNoah posted:

You put a bunch of Pokemon in the online bank, and it generates 1BP per some amount of Pokemon in there that you can have it sent as BP or pokemiles to your game when you login to bank.

Ak, ok. How often does it generate then?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I can't remember what I did about Totem Mimikyu, but I remember that it was rude and trivialised the fight.

And because I wanted to do it at least once, I beat Totem Punchdragon in one hit.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

When I went on the Ghost trial, I brought along a Chansey just to level and evolve it into Blissey. Instead it was the only Pokemon to make it through the fight, ending up both confused and without usable attack moves while Mimikyu and his entire team struggled to death against it. I was actually trying to get it KO'd because it was taking so long.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Was Totem Mimikyu difficult? I don't remember it being hard. I think my Mudsdale probably Heavy Slammed it to death.

The one thing I don't like so much about the Totem pokemon battles is the way they are constantly summoning allies means you really want to take down the totem first and then clean up whatever ally is left over at the end - but then fighting the ally to end the battle feels like a big anticlimax.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Probably not for most teams, but most of my stuff at the time was either vulnerable to Ghost & Fairy attacks, or the combination of the Totem stat boost and Lum berry let it flatten the stuff that could have stopped it. Also, not enough revives. The fact that it ran out of uses for Play Rough is the only reason Blissey could tank it.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

AlternateNu posted:

Before this gen, I only ever saw two legitimate shinies: a Bellsprout in Fire Red and an Oddish in, I think, Platinum.

I did get a natural Pokerus hit in Black 2, though.

I really hate people who cheat their game, for the reason that I've managed to find about three shinys since GSC, and have always had the pride of showing them off. I played an online match the other day and all the dude's pokemon we're shinies...throws out a shiny Alakazam, Lucario, and Totem Pokemon like it's nothing. I mean, hey, I like being proud of my rare finds, but to each their own.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
tfw you're proud of good rng

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

iospace posted:

Ak, ok. How often does it generate then?

PokeMiles Earned Per Day = ( [ Total number of Pokemon in Bank boxes on previous day / 3000 ] * 100 ) - 1

Works 1/day apparently? May have been updated. And to see how many BP you get, divide PokeMiles by 10.

from here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319610

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

zaepg posted:

I really hate people who cheat their game, for the reason that I've managed to find about three shinys since GSC, and have always had the pride of showing them off. I played an online match the other day and all the dude's pokemon we're shinies...throws out a shiny Alakazam, Lucario, and Totem Pokemon like it's nothing. I mean, hey, I like being proud of my rare finds, but to each their own.

I've found like 30 legit between gen 6 and 7. They might all be legit. Probably not, but it's possible to have a huge amount of shinies.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The new Pokémon anime is supremely good and prob the best it's been since the early seasons please watch it

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Futaba Anzu posted:

The new Pokémon anime is supremely good and prob the best it's been since the early seasons please watch it

But we already know Serena won da Ashbowl, so Lillie has her work cut out for her.

Also why does the Eevee quest involve me beating up a bunch of geriatrics?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

LEGO Genetics posted:

But we already know Serena won da Ashbowl, so Lillie has her work cut out for her.

You're not beating up the geriatrics, just their dogs.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Besides, most of them won't even remember it happened by dinnertime.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

LEGO Genetics posted:

Suiren has had more of a romantic thing with ash this season than lillie