Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Even leeches and frauds still gotta show some hustle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ate all the Oreos posted:

Like has he never had a real job before at all because his idea of how hiring works is, uh, something

You mean like with him saying they used to give tests? Because when I entered the workforce after college I was tested a couple times when trying to enter larger companies\corporations. One gave me a math test and some kind of test they claimed was given to air traffic controllers before they would even let me get to the first interview; it was pretty intense, but I think that was the point. Since then I haven't really been tested too much, save for one company three years ago that tested me when I applied for a sr. network engineering position.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
ContraPoints: What the Alt-Right Fears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3XjRO4-kGk

I endorse this degeneracy so loving hard. You will hear other excellent people, e.g. voiceover assistance from HBomberGuy.

also, nice boots

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Certain Indian nations were somewhat ticked off that the Aztecs were always sacrificing them, and they were not sacrificing Aztecs, and therefore took advantage of Cortez’s invasion to revolt against the Aztecs. Whereupon it became apparent that their priests were secretly in cahoots with the Aztec priests to facilitate Aztec domination of their people and Aztec cannibalism of their people – that the Gods would make announcements through the temples of the revolting tribes that were planned and coordinated in the Aztec capital. In other words, the old Gods of Mexico made their proclamations via peer review.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I mean, the bit about other tribes aligning with Cortez against the staggering waste of human life that was the Aztec state religion is true... But it kinda feels like the point they're making is that the agreement among climatologists on anthrocentric climate change is equivalent to large scale human sacrifice.

Which is just silly. Everyone knows conservatism is the modern interpretation of Aztec myth. That's why they're sacrificing Miami to Tlaloc, the rain God!

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

To be fair, when I was a freelance programmer, some of the worst developers I'd work with were foreign. However, I'm pretty sure it's because the freelancing market rewards the lowest bidder so people in countries with lower costs of living could find steady work by underbidding even if they weren't actually good at their jobs.

This is probably not Moldbug's thought process.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

You mean like with him saying they used to give tests? Because when I entered the workforce after college I was tested a couple times when trying to enter larger companies\corporations. One gave me a math test and some kind of test they claimed was given to air traffic controllers before they would even let me get to the first interview; it was pretty intense, but I think that was the point. Since then I haven't really been tested too much, save for one company three years ago that tested me when I applied for a sr. network engineering position.

More that he thinks that they can't give tests anymore for... some reason. What's probably happening is he's not making it past initial screenings to the point where the tests are :laugh:

I like how he clearly thinks that if they were allowed to give him a test they would be so blown away by his high IQ they'd overlook his complete lack of actual experience and social skills

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

More that he thinks that they can't give tests anymore for... some reason. What's probably happening is he's not making it past initial screenings to the point where the tests are :laugh:

I like how he clearly thinks that if they were allowed to give him a test they would be so blown away by his high IQ they'd overlook his complete lack of actual experience and social skills

Mostly this plus the delusion that leftists want their own people (plus non-whites and immigrants) to have the good jobs therefore they will only hire people with university (i.e. cathedral training camps) degrees and let smart racist people like him suffer for not being communist.

You could probably search his old blog through web archive and dig up his various complaints on griggs v duke

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hey Wesley, fun fact: I dropped out of college yet am more successful than you'll ever be because I'm friendly and don't think I'm better than everyone else all the time

(Also I did actually have to take tests the last two times I job interviewed I have no idea what your deal is with that it's the weirdest little detail that sticks out the most to me)

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hey Wesley, fun fact: I dropped out of college yet am more successful than you'll ever be because I'm friendly and don't think I'm better than everyone else all the time

(Also I did actually have to take tests the last two times I job interviewed I have no idea what your deal is with that it's the weirdest little detail that sticks out the most to me)

Was your mic drop line also "Mencius Moldbug"?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Gotcha gotcha. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he just has no clue how things work. Every larger company I've worked for has given me tests that measure what I know and if I can apply it in high stress situations without snapping, tearing my shirt off and running into the car park screaming about globalists (after the exams I took at Applied Systems post college I believe an experience like this may have produced Alex Jones). The easiest have been timed written tests taken with a group of other applicants and the hardest have been interdepartmental panels throwing situations at me simultaneously. I haven't needed to look for work in a while, so maybe he's right and all industries are now so terrified that a non white, non male will begin blowing their rape whistle as soon as they're asked to show they can use Powershell or something, but I really doubt it.

quote:

If he was such a great mind they wouldn't bother. Running exam\interview gauntlets is for all us morlocks who need to prove ourselves before a big company will give us the time of day. Also, I'm guessing that even if these idiots were half as smart as they think they are they'd be passed over so quick by any HR person with a half discerning eye, because they wouldn't want to waste the time and effort it would take for the company to acclimate someone who is clearly a couple bad days away from a breakdown and/or harassment suit. Smart creeps who know they can't hack it in a sane environment make their own startup cults for that reason, while the dull creeps bitch online about how our mortal fear of the mystic truths contained within the bell curve is holding the ubermensch back.

mysterious frankie has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Mar 2, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Kinda miss when reactos went on about schelling points and cthulhu swimming left. They've gone so object level. Gnon sent his only begotten son Gjesus to die for their sins, and this is how they repay him.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Do these dork enlightenment types even make magic cards out of each other anymore? I miss that the most.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Laputanmachine posted:

Do these dork enlightenment types even make magic cards out of each other anymore? I miss that the most.

The guy who made that deleted his post and it's not archived

One of the greatest tragedies in human history, imho

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Anyway looks like Mister Mean-Spirited got a job at Clickhole http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/hello-my-liberal-tears-bathtub-where-i-wash-my-cre-5668

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Sax Solo posted:

"Unskilled non-self-starter looking for unspecified work. Please hire me then train me to do something I'm really smart I promise."
The funny thing is that this is EXACTLY how I got my current job (AutoCAD/GIS tech at an engineering company). But only because I went through a temp agency and wasn't picky about which job, and lucked into a job where they were happy to let people move around as long as they had skills.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The guy who made that deleted his post and it's not archived

One of the greatest tragedies in human history, imho

Fear not!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I wonder how much dorky poo poo like this was lost when they burned the library of alexandria?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Take a drink every time you go see someone who's gone quiet, been chased out, or disowned NRx

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

mysterious frankie posted:

I wonder how much dorky poo poo like this was lost when they burned the library of alexandria?

I wonder that also. Given such historical findings like Pompeii wall writings, it seems dorks and goons have been around as long as humans have.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Laputanmachine posted:

I wonder that also. Given such historical findings like Pompeii wall writings, it seems dorks and goons have been around as long as humans have.

quote:

I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

#MenGoingTheirOwnWay

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The original "im gay" shitpost!

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

The original "im gay" shitpost!

quote:

VI.14.20 (House of Orpheus); 4523: I have buggered men

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
New Phil Sandifer essay Haunt the Future, about the alt-right meme machine.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
http://www.socialmatter.net/2017/02/26/the-lefts-unstable-coalition-is-ceding-culture-creation-to-the-right/

quote:

The Left’s Unstable Coalition Is Ceding Culture Creation To The Right
Ryan Landry February 26, 2017 6 Comments

Something has changed. You can feel it. It’s not just limited to a few people coming out of the shadows to voice concern over the Left’s overreach. It’s the switch in how the Left acts and how everyone else reacts to it.

The reaction is a combination of people and technology. The Internet in all its forms, but especially old book depositories like Project Gutenberg, is sparking a fire that threatens the Left’s domain.

It comes down to how the Left built its coalition. The modern Left was the fresh, hip, and new thing. It was the future. This framing took hold in the ’60s, as Boomers were even told that they were Time’s Person of the Year. The idea of teen culture was built in the ’50s, but the idea that it could have adult effects with regards to the nature of politics, government, and economy was not clear until a decade later.

Since the Left already held the cultural levers, it was merely a matter of making sure the people who rioted in the streets in Chicago in ’68 became the managers of the system in later decades. The ’68 rioters became the ’72 McGovern coalition voters, who became leaders in media, academia, and the Democrat apparatus, as the old Solid South switched to the GOP in the ’80s.

President Clinton was a good ‘face’ to trick flyover for a while, chosen explicitly for what he appeared to be, not his accomplishments.

The emerging Democrat coalition, and future one man, one vote, one-time majority, if all trends hold, is a coalition of the fringes, coalition of the victims, or Jenga tower coalition. This weakens the Left’s internal culture. The Left dominate the arts, but how can it satisfy everyone? It cannot, except in one regard. Assembling its coalition, though, is its central problem, as it must connect white progressives, homosexuals, blacks, Asians of every stripe, Hispanics of every stripe, unions, the rich, the out of sight poor whites, Muslims, and recent immigrants.

Once again, how can the Left build a robust culture with such disparate groups?

Adding to the Left’s cultural creation problem is its multi-decade process of placing all groups out of bounds from not just noticing dysfunction, but even joking about the basic traits of each group.

In Living Color was a black comedy sketch show that performed well and moved the cultural needle, including a short stretch where it ran circles around Saturday Night Live. In Living Color could not be made today. It is not simply for the over the top lampooning of gay culture in one of its most famous sketch series “Men On…” but for black cast members merely mocking blacks. This is symbolic of the broader removal of any Democrat coalition member from the pool of acceptable objects of derision.

With so many groups off-limits, the range of acceptable humor is extremely narrow. The comics have to censor themselves in advance or suffer purging.

Stand-up becomes just a rant about something that is the progressive cause du jour. Has Donald Glover ever told a joke in his stand-up career, or simply stated a progressive meme and then finished it with “Wow, I neva even considered dat“? (because thats how black people talk i guess) Established comics even fall into this trap because even they must apologize if they misstate something. What if a joke is ableist? Similar to progressive arguments being point and sputter or shouting at opponents, comedy has simply devolved to derision or point and snark.

Good comedy is now implicitly right-wing.

The cultural products became watered down. Everything feels simplified. How is Saturday Night Live going to connect with the Spanish voting bloc watching Univision or Telemundo, anyway? Can the jokes cross the language line with all immigrant blocs? Movies are blockbuster schlock. Nothing is quotable, because who cares about a joke, since Hollywood relies on the overseas box office now for profits. Nothing Hollywood makes has any lasting effect. Even its biggest blockbusters are rarely discussed after the initial week of release.

Hollywood is producing disposable cultural items.

Progressives can cling to old tropes of the Left being full of pretty people by portraying the Right as fat rednecks, but the reality of the Left’s coalition stares out at America and the globe every day via social media. It is a strange conglomeration of the losers of society that are using politics as a revenge on the Laws of Gnon, which does not care for their flaws, their pain, or their victim badges.

Little binds them together.

But one central item stands out. What binds all of the pieces of the Left’s coalition together is an embrace of the antithesis of the traditions of Western civilization. None of the pieces of the Left’s voter pool want to play in the Western system, but they want material comfort and lower levels of violence and crime. Each member wants to rebel against it, fight it, destroy it, and mock it.

What was once a request or plea from a victim class to get a seat at the table is now a clapping and stomping protestation for the elimination of whites.

The political progression has transitioned from “your school is too white,” to “your company is too white,” to now, “your neighborhood and even family is too white.” Likewise, political programs and signaling have moved from equal opportunity to broadcasting #BlackLivesMatter and rainbow flags whenever the political moment arises. Progressives are watching large firms react to President Donald Trump’s immigration moves for public disavowals.

This filters down to the cultural aspect, where the only cultural commonality for the Left is to be anti-white. Mocking whites for their appearance, making whites the antagonists in films, making white towns harbor dark secrets below the surface, and even commercials that portray whites as the goofy, non-serious figures, play into this. It is the one thing that the entire Left can rally around,

But it is its weakness.

Each step the Left takes allows counter-propaganda to step in and sweep up more whites. Whites are the elastic voter pool. Politically, in order to maintain power in the democratic system, the Left has changed what simply was considered a policy debate for most into a struggle for survival.

This also creates a counterweight to the Left, which is far more unified. A de facto white or pro-civilization group will share more in common due to its homogeneity and shared values. The memes created will spread faster by simply having a similar worldview and not having to worry about offending coalition members. As the Left has put its protected groups off-limits, it also forces the Right or anti-left to be more creative with how it attacks. The cultural dominance and schoolmarm enforcement of politically correct speech codes allows for the Right to portray the Left as joyless harpies.

In late 2015, the University of Missouri had a series of protests that centered around a hoax involving a ‘poop swastika’. This caused resignations of administration, dedication of more money to diversity programs, and lower enrollments the next year. Even in 2015, the Right had columnists and essayists attacking these activists, but portrayed them as white. The race angle, which was the key component, was whitewashed out of fear. Fast forward to early 2017, and even the broader right is pointing out the insane demands and hysterics of elements on the Left and pointing out tribal affiliations.

This is a function not just of the teams involved, but also of the technology. The Left’s domination of mass media transmission meant it had to fit information and meme packaging for incredibly wide, divergent audiences that could claim offense at the slightest deviation from current language rules. The Right found new avenues to spread its ideas and stay nimble. Post-election moves to attack propaganda sites, fake news, and even suppress speech further on Facebook and Twitter reveal the Left’s helplessness in the face of this new enemy, except to suppress it.

The Right is sharper and with its unified group can crank messages out and inundate the space with ideas and jokes.

Technology also has one final blow to the professional Left. It is impossible in this day and age to create a myth like MLK again. The elite Left’s foot soldiers can be exposed, due to the technology in those useful idiots’ hands. Men like Deray and Shaun King cannot be elevated to modern day MLK’s or Malcolm X’s, not just for lack of talent, but due to technology revealing them for who they are. MLK’s private antics (plagiarism, adultery or orgies with hookers) would be exposed and used to destroy his holiness in one week’s news cycle.

Each potential martyr to the progressive cause like Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown is exposed as an angel with a dirty face. The progressive molding of heroic black females leading hospitals, law schools, or fixing the president’s problems is destroyed by the cornucopia of WorldStarHipHop uploads, Twitter, and Tumblr accounts in the hands of black women.

The Left has but one avenue, and it is one that activates anti-bodies. It is also one that must be elevated and escalated to maintain effectiveness. It will either spark a fight it’s not prepared for, or will create an inward collapse, creating a necessary re-orientation for the Left.

The Right should welcome this potential collapse and withering away of the old cultural levers of power and aim to capture shell-shocked white progressives for the purpose of building a new alternative to both the Cathedral and demo-bureaucratic superstructure that have fueled degenerative, internal political divisions in the American empire.

BornAPoorBlkChild has a new favorite as of 18:44 on Mar 5, 2017

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"Leftism will die. Ignore how we are the minority opinion and have been for decades. We're totally not racist/sexist/ableist against all nonwhite, protestant males with disposable income in the trillions."

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

I'm actually a bit impressed that they managed to write an ode to the ascendant cultural right without providing a single example of relevant right-wing culture.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I guess you can say it really is Much Ado About Nothing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

I'm actually a bit impressed that they managed to write an ode to the ascendant cultural right without providing a single example of relevant right-wing culture.

Even though they accuse leftist culture of only being able to shout-down, they are essentially distracting from themselves; Their best 'creation' is critique; when any of their cultural leaders try and create anything, it's astoundingly amateurish.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Samovar posted:

Even though they accuse leftist culture of only being able to shout-down, they are essentially distracting from themselves; Their best 'creation' is critique; when any of their cultural leaders try and create anything, it's astoundingly amateurish.

Exhibit A

http://www.socialmatter.net/2017/02/28/weimerica-weekly-episode-60-tragic-weimerican-male/

Weimerica Weekly – Episode 60 – The Tragic Weimerican Male
Ryan Landry February 28, 2017 12 Comments

Around 5 minutes starts whining about how men are portrayed in society

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Rangpur posted:

I mean, the bit about other tribes aligning with Cortez against the staggering waste of human life that was the Aztec state religion is true... But it kinda feels like the point they're making is that the agreement among climatologists on anthrocentric climate change is equivalent to large scale human sacrifice.

Which is just silly. Everyone knows conservatism is the modern interpretation of Aztec myth. That's why they're sacrificing Miami to Tlaloc, the rain God!

Chaac deserves it more

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I checked SSC, but right now the front page is a big fiction piece I didn't feel like reading and a whole lot of boring and relatively tame blogposts

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

May I direct you fine culture connoisseurs to the hall of rare pepes :colbert:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

you may not

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

tl;dr The Left says we can't make pollack jokes anymore, which means they've completely ceded humor as a cultural form to the Right because criticizing minorities is literally the only thing that's funny.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Baby Babbeh posted:

tl;dr The Left says we can't make pollack jokes anymore, which means they've completely ceded humor as a cultural form to the Right because criticizing minorities is literally the only thing that's funny.

remember when Wesley was crying tears of pain because the Left would not abandon their horrible evil use of "crocodile humor"?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Baby Babbeh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug2CkesMleU

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

The Vosgian Beast posted:

remember when Wesley was crying tears of pain because the Left would not abandon their horrible evil use of "crocodile humor"?

Do I want to know what "crocodile humor" is, in his mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BobHoward posted:

Do I want to know what "crocodile humor" is, in his mind?

It's like punching down, but it only applies to left-wing people making fun of nazis