Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I kept dodging and hitting him with flurry counters. That three swing combo of his is quite easy to avoid and the timing for the counter isn't super tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I heard somewhere that Octoroks repair weapons. You drop them or something and let the octorok eat it and then kill the octorok and the weapon is full durability.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Cojawfee posted:

I heard somewhere that Octoroks repair weapons. You drop them or something and let the octorok eat it and then kill the octorok and the weapon is full durability.

Not quite. If you throw one of those rusted weapons you pick up around the world into an octorok's mouth it'll turn the weapon into it's non rusted version

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Only weapons I know of that you can use indefinitely are special ones you get from main questline. You can take it to get repaired. I got the Zora Trident but I have no idea how much it costs / what it needs to repair, as I haven't broken it yet.

But aye, I can totally relate to the awful feeling you have when you get a really awesome weapon, cause you know it won't last.

I loving hate when I'm fighting an enemy and they get to like 8hp and I REALLY don't wanna use my awesome weapon to kill him as I know it'll gently caress the durability up, but there's legit nothing I have that does the exact 8 damage. I have really strong weapons, I should probably carry poo poo ones for this purpose.

Fighting stuff in this game is so cool. I went to shoot a Hinox's eyeball with my bow and arrow and he put his hand over his face to protect it. It made me laugh so much and it was so cool. Really brings the enemies to life.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Ya'll should go explore the southwest a bit and try to find the jungle area where Hearty Durian's grow. I wandered in there and saw some Lizalfos worshipping a durian and thought "oh these are probably rare fruit". Then I gathered like 30 in that area and figured they probably weren't that great after all.

WRONG!

1 (One!1!!) durian + 1 apple gives you food which FULLY HEALS YOU (no matter how many hearts) and gives you FOUR temporary hearts. For two loving easy to gather fruits! You gotta find the place where these durians are they are the loving best and I love them. I am a durian addict.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Loopoo posted:

I got the Zora Trident but I have no idea how much it costs / what it needs to repair, as I haven't broken it yet.

Well there are two tridents you can repair. The Ceremonial Trident and the Lightscale Trident. The ingredients for the Ceremonial repair are 1 Zora Trident and 5 Flint. The Lightscale is the same except you add 1 Diamond. This is only slightly annoying because there is a ton of Luminous Stone around the area and you can trade 10 of it to a builder in the Zora Town for a Diamond.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Man I love this game, though not as much as, say, witcher 3 (which grabs my attention more, I guess is the best way to quantify it. Its a very hard to describe sensation-- maybe because it's not as 'dense' and has less dialogue?). I'm a bit surprised that I rarely die, as a good portion of my deaths were environmental from me trying to cross an ice cold river unaided, and they combat is rather easy. I'll definitely have to replay it with the hard mode dlc later on.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Does anyone have some (mostly) spoiler-free tips for the kinds of things to look for to find koroks? I've found a couple but I'm not sure what I should be looking out for.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Man I love this game, though not as much as, say, witcher 3 (which grabs my attention more, I guess is the best way to quantify it. Its a very hard to describe sensation-- maybe because it's not as 'dense' and has less dialogue?). I'm a bit surprised that I rarely die, as a good portion of my deaths were environmental from me trying to cross an ice cold river unaided, and they combat is rather easy. I'll definitely have to replay it with the hard mode dlc later on.

Anyone that says the combat is easy clearly hasn't fought a Lynel yet.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Loopoo posted:

Got to Eventide island. Ragequit cause it's loving difficult. I basically broke all 9 weapons I had cause they were lovely spears or branches against that fat fucker of a Hinox. I rolled two boulders down a hill to try and crush his fat rear end but I missed both. Then I went and aced every god drat dodge, giving myself flurry blows, but my weapons would break before I even completed them. I got him down to half HP before I got zapped by lightning and just gave up. I was fighting him for like 10 mins and my weapons did barely any damage.

Dunno if I'll go back there just yet.

Sidenote, where's the Sheikah tower for the zone South-East of the stables? The one that is near the ocean. I couldn't find one anywhere, and I was standing on a huge mountain.

I spent hours there lol, my best advice is to start from the north side, grab the oar and arrows of truth and beeline for the hinox's sphere so if you flub that up you didnt waste all ur time with the other 2 spheres. the rest of the island is pretty easy, but i somehow fell into the hinox's stomach like, 5 times :confused: oh yeah you can totally just take the sphere, his bow and 24 dmg club, and run if you didnt know :p smack him down later after you finish misery island

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

Does anyone have some (mostly) spoiler-free tips for the kinds of things to look for to find koroks? I've found a couple but I'm not sure what I should be looking out for.

Basically anything that looks out of place, a hill with a single tree on it, three shrines in a row with two apples placed in front of them, anything that seems like something is missing. Also there's a few where you just have to examine swirly leaves they make, usually in very out of the way places.
Piles of leaves you can burn and single rocks you can pick up are good to watch out for too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna start going for the champions and I am down for some giant women. Tell me the general direction of Gerudoville and whether this is a good idea to do first.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

That reminds me, I figured out the trick with the three trees you see suspiciously lined up all over the place. One of them is different than the others (has more fruit), if you shoot off the fruit to make it look the same it finishes the puzzle and spawns a Korok.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Anyone that says the combat is easy clearly hasn't fought a Lynel yet.

haha yup, i bet. The worst time I've had was against the stone titan thingie on the plateau and things in water, mostly because i had run out of arrows.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Your Computer posted:

I love how you can actually do things that are way above your level just by being clever. I just beat a combat trial shrine, and it took literally all my weapons from full to broken to kill the thing. I think my highest damage weapon going in was ~12. The weapon I got from the monster? 45 damage :getin:

Now if only that weapon would last for more than 2 enemies. It breaks my heart every time I get a badass weapon because I know it'll break so fast :negative:

e: that reminds me, is there any way to see a weapon's durability other than hitting things with it and getting the "about to break" message?

The thing is, sometimes you get a powerful weapon early on, and so saving that for a bit can make sense. But don't sweat saving weapons much; they're always very temporary and its just balanced that way.

As you go enemies will always drop you weapons of at least a decent level for where you are. As you progress through the main quests, you get higher and higher level drops just from killing basic dudes. So before too long you'll be getting level 40-50 drops everywhere anyways. Doesn't mean you should throw away that 45 damage nice weapon by any means, but feel free to use it whenever you need an ace in the hole; you'll get another.

I don't believe there is any way to check durability no. All the more reason to just not care!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

Basically anything "funny" in the environment will be a korok. They're EVERYWHERE.

See a gust of wind? chase it.

See a target with an arrow in it? Shoot it.

See a high point that's hard to get to? Climb up there.

See a bunch of statues with apples on them, and one of them is empty? Drop an apple on it.

Anything that seems like you can maybe play with it or interact with it, try doing whatever seems logical; it'll probably work!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna start going for the champions and I am down for some giant women. Tell me the general direction of Gerudoville and whether this is a good idea to do first.

SOUTH WEST. :) Go to the plateau, look for a tower to the south west, pin it, and head that way.

Yes, Gerudo area isn't too bad. Zora is definitely the obvious "first" boss and the easiest, but Gerudo is okay. You should be able to manage.

Thing is you have to cross a LOT of terrain before you even get to the desert. If you have too hard a time, try going to Zora's Domain instead. But Gerudo should be do-able early on and is pretty cool and fun quest. (Gerudoville has NO DUDES ALLOWED!)

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 5, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

poo poo, should I not be selling any gems etc that I find? The description of them seemed to indicate that you should just sell them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

poo poo, should I not be selling any gems etc that I find? The description of them seemed to indicate that you should just sell them.

Diamonds are pretty precious and the consensus seems to be they should be saved. I don't know what all you can do with them, but they seem to be unique (or maybe not) so probably not worth the risk.

Later in the game, you can use the other gems to add elemental damage to weapons or to craft some special armors. You can sell them and get more later, so its just a question of if you want to keep a few on hand in case you need them.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Zaphod42 posted:

I was able to easily afford the stealth suit just by fighting most of the dudes I ran into and then selling the bokoblin horns and poo poo. I don't craft many elixirs, I dunno about you. Maybe a rare one here and there.

Get a horse, ride around on your horse looking for animals, monsters, and ore. If you see ore (chunks of off-color rock) use your bomb to mine them for things you can sell (keep the diamonds though). If you find an ox or a bull or something hunt it with arrows and you get lots of prime meat; cool that up and it sells for 50-100 rupees easy, good foods sell for lots. If you find monsters, kill them and sell their junk, obviously.

I had to buy the set piecemeal, but it wasn't bad. 780 should be enough for one already. When I arrived in kakariko I bought one, then I did a couple quests and warped back and bought another, etc. Just make sure you loot EVERYTHING that drops, like most RPGs, and sell everything you aren't gonna use.
Thanks for the advice. I sold a bit of frozen meat, some monster parts, and went back and killed the talus on the plateau for valuables. I was able to buy the full set.

I then went and posed to take a selfie and one of the village kids ran up and posed next to me. :waycool:

Zaphod42 posted:

Diamonds are pretty precious and should be saved. I don't know what all you can do with them, but they seem to be unique (or maybe not) so probably not worth the risk.
They're not unique. Not sure if this is spoiler-worthy but there is a Zora at Zora's Domain that you can give 10 glowing rocks to in order to get 1 diamond. The first time you do this though he gives you 2 diamonds.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Edit: Double-posted because I'm dumb.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If anybody wants general spoiler-free geographic hints, feel free to ask. I spent all yesterday exploring the entire world and I have the full map unlocked now.

The four main dungeons/bosses can be done in any order you want.

Inverness posted:

Thanks for the advice. I sold a bit of frozen meat, some monster parts, and went back and killed the talus on the plateau for valuables. I was able to buy the full set.

I then went and posed to take a selfie and one of the village kids ran up and posed next to me. :waycool:

If you wanna be ultra fly, now go to Hateno Village and change the color of the set. You can be a green Link Ninja, or a proper black Ninja, or whatever you want :)

Fashion Souls!

Inverness posted:

They're not unique. Not sure if this is spoiler-worthy but there is a Zora at Zora's Domain that you can give 10 glowing rocks to in order to get 1 diamond. The first time you do this though he gives you 2 diamonds.

Sweet. Good to know.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Cojawfee posted:

I just threw my switch and Zelda in the garbage because Beedle doesn't say "THAAAANK YOU" when I am done talking to him.

Beedle is mildly upsetting to look at in this game. They tried to make him look like a normal person instead of an exaggerated cartoon and it's just loving weird.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Harrow posted:

In addition to what others said, if you hear maraca rattling there's also probably a korok nearby

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

This game still isn't quite attaching, and I've gotten all the way to Kakariko. I think I just don't get into games that ask me to explore, anymore. :(

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Republicans posted:

Beedle is mildly upsetting to look at in this game. They tried to make him look like a normal person instead of an exaggerated cartoon and it's just loving weird.

I was concerned that he was given some muscle definition.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Pro tip: if you pull out a square bomb and throw/drop it you can immediately whip out a circle bomb without having to wait for the cool down.

Works great for setting off chain reactions or loving up enemy camps.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Myahm Agana Shrine might actually make me go insane
e: rolling ball one

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

The Myahm Agana Shrine might actually make me go insane
e: rolling ball one

Flip it upside down

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

This game still isn't quite attaching, and I've gotten all the way to Kakariko. I think I just don't get into games that ask me to explore, anymore. :(

That's a shame. :(

I've been sick of open world games for years now, but I haven't enjoyed a game like this since Dark Souls. It feels like an adventure and I'm getting something from exploring instead of just another tick mark towards collecting every kind of something.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Belly dancer link is the best outfit yet in a zelda game

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Y'know, a fair number of these shrines are just like "Lol, thanks for coming out, here's some loot and a sword" with no puzzle involved. :crossarms:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

I get bored w/ games a lot too and the end of the plateau was the exact moment I got hooked :( Sorry dude

Zaphod42 posted:

Flip it upside down

AAAAh!! Thank you, what a stupidly easy way to solve that

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Rime posted:

Y'know, a fair number of these shrines are just like "Lol, thanks for coming out, here's some loot and a sword" with no puzzle involved. :crossarms:

The puzzle with many of those kinds of shrines is getting into the shrine in the first place, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zaphod42 posted:

Flip it upside down

WHAT

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Yo, The tower in Akkala does not gently caress around. Had a serious Metal Gear sneaking mission situation going to get that one.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

BLUE LYNELS :gonk:

HELP EVERYTHING HURTS ALL MY FOOD IS GONE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that was pissing me of too until I accidentally turned it upside down in annoyance and realised I could just do it that way lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like the voice acting in a hammy way. Except Mipha who seems to suffer from Yuna syndrome. The actress worked hard to make her lips sync and it makes her rhythm super weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Wow, me getting the stealth outfit could not have been better timed.

It was precisely before I got a quest from the Zora where I needed to go to the top of a mountain and collect shock arrows without being totally crushed by a lynel firing arrows of the same kind.