Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

King Vidiot posted:

For me it was the ugly old man penis. It made me whatever the opposite of curious is.

There's middle-age penis too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
So, good date movie then?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

The Greasy Strangler is a movie I'm glad to have watched, but if you are in Jay's mindset of movies that make you feel ill and disgusted by the human body it won't be THAT surprising. Plus it has more depth to the humor and story than just the basic gross-out yuks, in my opinion. The first set of kills and that one visual gag during it, and the discussion beforehand had me in stitches. Tim and Eric meets Jon Waters meets early Peter Jackson is the best way I can describe it in terms of tone.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Please .... stop. You're going to trick people into watching it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The only okay kind of non-mainstream film that Jay recommended was Nightcrawler. Maybe Lobster is also good. I'm definitely going to watch it anyway. But everything else is almost unwatchable.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd rather watch something I didn't like like The Lobster that was at least trying to do something interesting or say something rather than superhero movie #32

The safest bet is to just watch RLM instead of ever watching movies.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Paladinus posted:

The only okay kind of non-mainstream film that Jay recommended was Nightcrawler. Maybe Lobster is also good. I'm definitely going to watch it anyway. But everything else is almost unwatchable.

under the skin, blue ruin, green room, the vviwtch, im sure some others i can't remember...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Blue Ruin was incredible and I really want to see The VVitch

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
VVitch and Green Room are great, but Mike also recommended those. I was talking about Jay only recommendations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I agreed with Jay more than Mike about Dr Strange

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

VVitch and Green Room

My two fave movies of last year.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Paladinus posted:

I don't recall him mentioning them in a Half in the Bag, but he loves Jodorowsky and David Lynch and both of those directors can do no wrong IMO

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I watched Jodorowsky's Dune recently, it's so good. Dude is amazing.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

We Know Catheters posted:

There's middle-age penis too.

SOLD

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

under the skin, blue ruin, green room, the vviwtch, im sure some others i can't remember...

I liked Blue Ruin but then I also liked Enemy.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
if they review Logan I bet Jay is going to love it and Mike is going to say "meh"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mike is alive!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6IZHrIviFo

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

After the last ten pages of speculating that mike was dead and being pushed around weekend at bernie's style that preview picture made me afraid he was somehow not in his own flagship series, half in the bag. Skipped around, saw a not corpse definitely not being shaken by the neck to make his jaw waggle while someone else did bad movie reviews ventriloquism, relaxed. All is well.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Sweet, I'm going to be watching one of those two movies today and probably never watching the other one.

(hint: the one I'm watching is not about an x man)

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought all the Mike is Dead stuff was boring and not funny, but I was genuinely shaken to my very core to see Mike drinking water. Something is clearly very, very wrong.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Nothing about Logan was subtle.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mike made it a whole 5 minutes before he brought up Star Trak.

Great job Mike.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought all the Mike is Dead stuff was boring and not funny, but I was genuinely shaken to my very core to see Mike drinking water. Something is clearly very, very wrong.

Maybe he's doing what my old English teacher would do and put vodka in the water bottle.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
Is the entire Logan part of this video spoilers? I haven't seen it yet.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

CaptainFish posted:

Is the entire Logan part of this video spoilers? I haven't seen it yet.

Pretty much, yeah.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Mike points out the painfully obvious in the first minute about what you should expect, but the rest isn't spoiling anything IMO.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like it when mike compares things to star trek, specially DS9, and Jay looks unimpressed.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
A very Mike episode, really.

because Mike believes in ghosts!!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
mike probably reads this thread and thought he needed a strong episode where he was the obvious alpha after everyone thinking he was dead

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
mike is looking healthy

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

JB50 posted:

Mike made it a whole 5 minutes before he brought up Star Trak.

Great job Mike.

The Picard picture kept killing me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mng posted:

Mike points out the painfully obvious in the first minute about what you should expect, but the rest isn't spoiling anything IMO.

there's definite spoilers

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Where is John Wick 2 you hackfrauds :argh:

I disagree with Jay's assertion that Marvel movies have to take risks by making a rated R superhero when they are owned by Disney, plus what heroes do they own would really benefit from swearing and ultra violence?

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 6, 2017

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
The uncanny valley on CG Mike is disturbing.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich and Jack are doing a best of the worst - video game edition, starring 1-2 Switch.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

achillesforever6 posted:

Where is John Wick 2 you hackfrauds :argh:

I disagree with Jay's assertion that Marvel movies have to take risks by making a rated R superhero when they are owned by Disney, plus what heroes do they own would really benefit from swearing and ultra violence?

Congrats on not understanding what he said at all!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

Rich and Jack are doing a best of the worst - video game edition, starring 1-2 Switch.

This game looks totally worth $350.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

That commercial of chucklefucks playing the game? That WAS the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

*grabs neatly wrapped video from under the tree*

Ohhhh wow, a Half in the Bag where they really like both movies...gee....thanks....you shouldn't have...

• Locked thread