Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
immediately gliding off into the next area, another rock monster

rock monsters are a thing arent they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

I used the hammer you can pick up early on and that did super damage.

Bomb arrows will straight gently caress him up, too. Just shoot for the rock on top of his head.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

immediately gliding off into the next area, another rock monster

rock monsters are a thing arent they

Those are the only two I've found so far lol

VanillaGorilla posted:

Bomb arrows will straight gently caress him up, too. Just shoot for the rock on top of his head.

I still haven't found any bomb arrows :sweatdrop:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I used the hammer you can pick up early on and that did super damage.

Well his weak point is an ore node, makes sense.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

raditts posted:

gently caress you, Lynel: A Strategy Guide

He will swap his bow out for dual blades if you get up close, so close in ASAP and do backflips / flurry counterattacks. Use regular attacks in between as well because you can cancel melee attacks into dodges. When he jumps back then get some distance because he will either be shooting fireballs or gearing up for a Bald Bull-esque bull charge that will gently caress you up.

If you can ping him in the face with arrows then it will stun him for a little bit and you can jump on his back to hit him up to 5 times. It's hard to do since he rarely sits still and his face has a small hit box, but I found that bomb arrows seem to be more effective.

Their own bows are very effective against them due to the triple shot spread effect, making it easier to land a headshot. So after your first Lynel, subsequent ones will be easier to kill provided you keep their bow.

Now keep in mind Lynels follow the standard enemy progression track...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Where do I buy clothes to resist heat? I've fount stuff for cold temps but nothing for heat. Do I just have to use food and elixirs?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

Where do I buy clothes to resist heat? I've fount stuff for cold temps but nothing for heat. Do I just have to use food and elixirs?

I believe Goron city. Could be wrong.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sakurazuka posted:

Those are the only two I've found so far lol

i put little skull markers on the map where they are

also i tried the bomb arrows but I guess my aim was poo poo

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Mulva posted:

Well there are two tridents you can repair. The Ceremonial Trident and the Lightscale Trident. The ingredients for the Ceremonial repair are 1 Zora Trident and 5 Flint. The Lightscale is the same except you add 1 Diamond. This is only slightly annoying because there is a ton of Luminous Stone around the area and you can trade 10 of it to a builder in the Zora Town for a Diamond.

If I threw my Ceremonial Trident away, am I a loving idiot?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

s.i.r.e. posted:

just get naked

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

i put little skull markers on the map where they are

Same I didn't have anything that could damage the second one

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Loopoo posted:

Not unless you haven't used it to get into the ceremonial shrine yet.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Loopoo posted:

The dude can make you a new one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay no seriously where do you get bomb arrows?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

bef posted:

I spent hours there lol, my best advice is to start from the north side, grab the oar and arrows of truth and beeline for the hinox's sphere so if you flub that up you didnt waste all ur time with the other 2 spheres. the rest of the island is pretty easy, but i somehow fell into the hinox's stomach like, 5 times :confused: oh yeah you can totally just take the sphere, his bow and 24 dmg club, and run if you didnt know :p smack him down later after you finish misery island

I haven't got a clue where the sheikah tower for that zone is, so it made it even more difficult for me since my map is just blue and doesn't show poo poo. I couldn't even tell what the island looked like. I was aiming for a different one but got the islands mixed up, I never wanted to go to Eventide.

As for the Ceremonial Shrine, it's all good, I completed that. I ended up throwing the Trident away cause it was weaker than the better one. I guess I kinda screwed myself over if the good one needs the Ceremonial one for repairs, right?

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
"A modest test of strength"

oh my god i just barely beat that hahaha whew hell of a fight

hey another shrine right down there

"A major test of strength"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Okay no seriously where do you get bomb arrows?

A lot of places sell them and the guy at the flight testing place will give you 20

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kurtofan posted:

just get naked

I'm catching on fire though, meaning:

Despera posted:

I can't even get here.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Princeps32 posted:

I ended up beating the major test by spamming (unupgraded) bombs at it for over an hour and a half after all my normal weapons broke. Incredible weapons as a reward!

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Jorge Bell posted:

I ended up beating the major test by spamming (unupgraded) bombs at it for over an hour and a half after all my normal weapons broke. Incredible weapons as a reward!

think i'm going to return when it can't one shot me

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

I can't even get here.

Guy in the walkthrough got there somehow.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Princeps32 posted:

I just did the modest one too! It was right after I finished the Zora questline, so I had decent weaponry from Lynel + rewards. They all broke because of that loving thing.

Also all this talk of rock monsters, I never saw a rock monster at the start area. How did you guys bump into it? Maybe I didn't explore the area enough in the beginning, but I have no idea where I would have bumped into him.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Calaveron posted:

Do I really have to spend 600 rupees to get what I need to get into Gerudoville?

Yes. Its not really that much, and the set also gives you heat resist so its worth getting anyhow.

Go fight some dudes and cook some food and sell the parts and the food and stuff and you'll make quick bank.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Gerudo.

Despera posted:

You are, Goron is fire-resist which is different from heat-resist.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I can't even get here.

The lady at the stables sold me some fireproof elixirs (but I'm not heading that way just yet)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I can't even get here.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The lady at the stables sold me some fireproof elixirs (but I'm not heading that way just yet)

Yeah this. Go to the stables, buy 3 elixirs off the girl, use them to get to goron city, from there you can buy the fire resist armor.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Death Mountain is not heat. Heat resist clothes and heat resist food will NOT help you in death mountain, its not heat, its literal lava and fire everywhere. You need fireproof.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How do you quick save?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
What are the difference between the different fairies? They all seem to do the same thing. I had read that they can do the same thing differently, but... it sure as hell doesn't appear to be the case. I've already got two, and if I go for the third, it'll cost 1000 rupees. No way I'm doing that until I know it is really worth it.

Speaking of, how am I supposed to make rupees? I have 1,715 right now, but considering the different money sinks in the game, it seems like I'm always going to not have enough. I already need 3k for the house[/url]. Also, the lab in Akalla, [spoiler]they expect you to pay 1,000 rupees to buy an ancient weapon? They're so fragile, they break to easy. Why would the game expect me to be able to blow 1,000 rupees like that?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Loopoo posted:

I just did the modest one too! It was right after I finished the Zora questline, so I had decent weaponry from Lynel + rewards. They all broke because of that loving thing.

Also all this talk of rock monsters, I never saw a rock monster at the start area. How did you guys bump into it? Maybe I didn't explore the area enough in the beginning, but I have no idea where I would have bumped into him.
He's in a little valley/ravine in the woods. You have to walk close by to set him off.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Revol posted:

What are the difference between the different fairies? They all seem to do the same thing. I had read that they can do the same thing differently, but... it sure as hell doesn't appear to be the case. I've already got two, and if I go for the third, it'll cost 1000 rupees. No way I'm doing that until I know it is really worth it.

Each one lets you upgrade a further level. The order doesn't matter. If you have one great fairy, you can only upgrade once. Two, twice. Three, three times. Four, four times. Get it?

You can upgrade gear more than once, and it needs to be 2-star to get the set bonus.

Revol posted:

Speaking of, how am I supposed to make rupees? I have 1,715 right now, but considering the different money sinks in the game, it seems like I'm always going to not have enough. I already need 3k for the house[/url]. Also, the lab in Akalla, [spoiler]they expect you to pay 1,000 rupees to buy an ancient weapon? They're so fragile, they break to easy. Why would the game expect me to be able to blow 1,000 rupees like that?

If you already have 1.7k you're doing fine. Its a long game, you'll make 1k every so often and buy this or buy that. You're not meant to get it all at once. The house is a big sink but save up for it if you want, it sounds cool.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Revol posted:

I've yet to find any fairies besides the very first one despite exploring, I thought, pretty thoroughly. I guess I've just been in the wrong zones or something.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've yet to find any fairies besides the very first one despite exploring, I thought, pretty thoroughly. I guess I've just been in the wrong zones or something.

They're pretty well hidden until you know where they are (hiding in plain sight) but there's a little NPC dude near each one saying "hey I heard there was a great fairy nearby" and if you still can't find it after awhile he'll start to give you clues and point you towards it.

I've found 2 so far, and I've explored the entire map. I think I found a 3rd of those NPC dudes though so I just need to poke around...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah this. Go to the stables, buy 3 elixirs off the girl, use them to get to goron city, from there you can buy the fire resist armor.

Death Mountain is not heat. Heat resist clothes and heat resist food will NOT help you in death mountain, its not heat, its literal lava and fire everywhere. You need fireproof.

Is there Fireproof armor? If so, where?

Also, I don't see any girl at the stable I'm at that sells the Elixirs.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

How are you guys farming rupies? Cause I got nothing so far.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

We are BEASTS OF CONSTRUCTION!

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Everybody tearing out hair over Lynel, I just bought the arrows and showed up to party with Sidon. :smuggo:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is there Fireproof armor? If so, where?

Also, I don't see any girl at the stable I'm at that sells the Elixirs.

Fireproof is sold by the Gorons. You gotta use elixirs to get to them :)

She's sitting just to the right of the stables if you're facing it. Is it night time? maybe wait until day? Or maybe wait until night? Or maybe a different stables... the one just south of the tower that's in death mountain.

Foothill Stable. Not South Akkala Stable, which is also nearby.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 5, 2017

Illithid Activity
Sep 5, 2015

Can anyone further ahead in the game than me tell me whether or not you can obtain multiple Guardian Sword(s)? I got one from a shrine, then made the mistake of letting my kiddo paraglide from Hateno tower and somehow lost it (I think she threw it). And no autosave data goes back far enough to where it was still in my inventory. I haven't encountered another one yet and am kinda bummed. It was the nicest sword I'd found so far.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Does anyone know where to find the fragmented monument pieces at Palmorae Ruins? Been looking everywhere and only found two.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Port Wine Manteau posted:

Can anyone further ahead in the game than me tell me whether or not you can obtain multiple Guardian Sword(s)? I got one from a shrine, then made the mistake of letting my kiddo paraglide from Hateno tower and somehow lost it (I think she threw it). And no autosave data goes back far enough to where it was still in my inventory. I haven't encountered another one yet and am kinda bummed. It was the nicest sword I'd found so far.

You will get more guardian swords, yes. No worries :) Its a good sword, but there's also much better swords too.

There are a few unique items in the game, but there's a mechanic where if you somehow lose/break a unique item, there's an NPC you can buy them back from! So no worries, this game is kid-friendly. Nothing should be able to irreparably ruin your progress, although if you sell all your stuff or buy lots of usless stuff it may take you awhile to earn your rupees back :cheeky:

People are saying even diamonds aren't unique so nothing should be irreversible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hi I just want you all to know upgrading the stasis runs is the best thing you can and makes lynels a big joke namaste