Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack

"Well Sir you told us to siege this fort until they surrendered, we have yet to see anyone surrender"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What happens if you roll a defenders desert? :v:

Is there a hidden modifier that sets institute spread from neighboring provinces to zero if it belongs to a rival?
There is an obvious modifier that clearly states friendly neighboring province. :downs:

Poil fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 4, 2017

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

They spelled Russia wrong.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Detheros posted:

Mother Ruthenia

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Best part is that I'm still a Tsardom.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It was talked about in this thread a while ago. The guy who made the video doesnt point out how hard it can be to break into Mexico and overall he makes it sound much easier than it actually is.

I had a great start with it actually, the problem wasn't Mexico, I kicked rear end and got up to four Nahuatl reforms. The problem was when I went to fight Pueblo to make them a vassal because they had somehow caught up in tech and despite being a three province Native American country, they had a 26 unit army that wrecked me. Over and over. They wouldn't accept any peace until they had me at 100% and made me release EVERYTHING :(

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Well you can use it to completely break the game for one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqJY-M5uAiA

You can do basically the same thing with Carib and forming Inca (or even Maya if you're insane). It isn't that great.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Poil posted:

What happens if you roll a defenders desert? :v:

That's what happens if you roll up on a fort that was mothballed before the month ticks over and it reinforces. It doesn't matter what happens because with zero defenders, you win on the first siege tic.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Detheros posted:

score: 2nd

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Those loving Ottomans are first.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You should take Japan

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

verbal enema posted:

You should take Japan Constantinople

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

With the advent of institutions, and the possibility that Europe could fall behind the rest of the world, I think that trade company regions should be added to Europe.

I really want India to be able to found the West England Company.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

With the advent of institutions, and the possibility that Europe could fall behind the rest of the world, I think that trade company regions should be added to Europe.

I really want India to be able to found the West England Company.

Need a way to reverse the flow of trade nodes. I wish there was some kind of elegant solution, but I feel like the entire thing would need to be reworked.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I remember some people in this thread asking about Dark Continent, the "Europe wiped out by the Black Death and is colonizable" mod (which I've been letting languish for a couple of years while Paradox pumps out DLC like crazy), so here's an update. I'm making progress now that Mandate of Heaven is coming.

Tsyni posted:

Need a way to reverse the flow of trade nodes. I wish there was some kind of elegant solution, but I feel like the entire thing would need to be reworked.

This is something I'm trying to teach myself right now. (Some guy just dropped a trade mod that at least makes the American west coast more easy for Asian to colonize.) Also trying to come up with plausible Islamic (arabic/turkic/etc) names for European colonial regions & nations.

(some of these have already been changed)

(1821 after an observer game, AI colonization is still extremely inconsistent/underwhelming)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tsyni posted:

The best solution would probably be to have trade streams changeable by event. There would have to be some way to prevent feedback loops from forming. It would probably have to be a thing for EU5 though.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
So I'm trying Teutonic Order to Prussia to shake things up and the men are space mariney enough to dunk on Poland by my force limit is REALLY low. Like, I have my initial lands, Pomerania, Mecklenberg, Hamburg, most of Denmark, and some other odds and ends and it is only 27 in 1540. Should I get Quantity ASAP or am I doing something wrong? I feel like I've never been this outclassed in troop numbers with being a middle Great Power by overall development.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
You're in Europe, so your provinces should have enough military development, and you don't have to deal with additional attrition, so I wouldn't go quantity first (even though the idea group owns.) Just keep expanding. I'm not sure if uplifting a culture affects force limits, but you might try doing that to your largest unaccepted cultures.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

verbal enema posted:

You should take Japan

But seriously, this game is done.

I would have went for more of India but it's a hugbox of Delhi, Baluchistan, and Bengal...with like 50 level 8 forts down there, gently caress that.

I did make Greenland green, though. :v:

And I stole some colonies from Norway with profitable results.

But being this large without Humanism sucks, ask me about having 18 revolts a year, every year for the past 100 years. :v:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Detheros posted:

But seriously, this game is done.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yay

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Arrhythmia posted:

Barely 2nd, almost 3rd. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Detheros posted:

But being this large without Humanism sucks, ask me about having 18 revolts a year, every year for the past 100 years. :v:
How do have so many revolts? No religious ideas either?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Poil posted:

How do have so many revolts? No religious ideas either?

No religious ideas, but it's mostly sitting at 99% overextension for the last 100 years as well.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Detheros posted:

No religious ideas, but it's mostly sitting at 99% overextension for the last 100 years as well.
Well, yeah. That would be revolting. :v:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You've got ~9 years, you can punch the Ottomans in the snout to establish dominance. Drag the entire world into a hellwar..

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
The year is 1558. My Ethiopia has successfully spread to dominate East Africa, Egypt, and even parts of Israel. But it has been at a heavy cost. Bankruptcy death spirals have been averted so far, but only by debasing my currency repeatedly. My corruption is 53 and growing every year. I am behind everyone in tech and institutions.

The Ottomans just declared on me. They have miltech 13 to my 10. Outnumbered and struggling to keep this new empire together, I consider starting over. A guy on the Mapgoons Discord tells me "Sorry, looked like a good run up until then."

I go on to survive that war with minor losses. Over the next two decades I have turned the country around to zero corruption, achieved Prester John and A Blessed Nation, reduced the Ottomans to a middling power, and am the greatest nation in the world. Never give up!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Sage Grimm posted:

You've got ~9 years, you can punch the Ottomans in the snout to establish dominance. Drag the entire world into a hellwar..

Nope.

Instead I released as many vassals as I could (Got Full House, Blackjack, and Marshy March achievements) and let my country burn :unsmigghh:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Russia has called me into three wars with the Ottomans that they consistently win, but they completely ignore the call for peace and absolutely murder my stability each time. I NEED that island that produces tropical wood, there isn't much time left in the game, and they promised me land, but I can't negotiate a peace deal since I don't have a personal war score of at least 10%.

Invading the Ottoman Empire proper would require moving all my armies from South America and deploying them across the Middle East, if I can get military access.

Why can't there be a diplomatic action that tells your ally "Yo, we win, peace out already or I'm gonna be mad."

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Node posted:

but I can't negotiate a peace deal since I don't have a personal war score of at least 10%.

Never heard of this. Can you tell me more about this?

Did you try offering tribute? Can you pay 100g to make the problem go away?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Mandalay posted:

Never heard of this. Can you tell me more about this?

Did you try offering tribute? Can you pay 100g to make the problem go away?

Specifically, you can't demand territory in a war unless you have a personal war score of at least 10%. So if you're an ally of someone on another continent that called you in on a war, you can't demand some lovely little island and peace out, you need to have made an effort yourself.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
It might not be enough or viable, but Blockading enemy Ports can provide a sizable chunk of Warscore, sometimes netting myself a province or War reparations for doing little more than diverting my trading fleet for a month.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sage Grimm posted:

This please.

I mean with Japan under control imagine your ki levels...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Lol a 620k stack of revolutionaries

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Koboje posted:

It might not be enough or viable, but Blockading enemy Ports can provide a sizable chunk of Warscore, sometimes netting myself a province or War reparations for doing little more than diverting my trading fleet for a month.

That's a good idea, but it won't work on the Ottomans. They've got way too much coastline, it won't count for 10%.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Node posted:

That's a good idea, but it won't work on the Ottomans. They've got way too much coastline, it won't count for 10%.

Blockade warscore is influenced by both the number of provinces blockaded and the development value of those provinces. Fully blockading a nation gives up to 25% warscore, so you should be able to hit 10% by just blockading the 2-3 sea zones with the most development adjacent to them. That's what I've been told, anyway

Give it a try

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 6, 2017

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

That's what happens if you roll up on a fort that was mothballed before the month ticks over and it reinforces. It doesn't matter what happens because with zero defenders, you win on the first siege tic.
Worth mentioning this doesnt work on mothballed capital forts.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

QuarkJets posted:

Blockade warscore is influenced by both the number of provinces blockaded and the development value of those provinces. Fully blockading a nation gives up to 25% warscore, so you should be able to hit 10% by just blockading the 2-3 sea zones with the most development adjacent to them. That's what I've been told, anyway

Give it a try

I thought about it, but then realized I can't. BECAUSE THEIR ENTIRE COASTLINE IS OCCUPIED. My call for peace is rising by .37 a month! End the warrrrrwww :qq:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It looks to me like those Greek islands in the Aegean are still free for occupation/blockading?

E: also egypt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I shrunk the picture in half, egypt is occupied. Literally everything is. Russia finally called the war and I got my tropical wood island. That war hosed the Ottomans up so much they lost Constantinople to Austria, and now they're the Revolutionary Ottomans.

• Locked thread