Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yuki went from shy(or very cautious) snow woman to a supplier. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

El Burbo posted:

There's like 8 untranslated chapters

I was really praying you mistyped that and meant volumes :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Congratulations Satou sensei.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Snarky and dry Yuki is very good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dessu~~~.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

StandardVC10 posted:

The manga exchange being treated like some kind of illicit transaction was great.

Technically it is! :v:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Back in middle school being caught with a manga meant it would get confiscated.

Which was bad because most manga was borrowed from comic rental places and had to be returned in a few days.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
From what I understand Japanese schools have actual "no manga or such in the premises" policies and of course given Sakie is a teacher it's doubly shady.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That doesn't stop kids from bringing in volumes of the newest Naruto or One Piece or some of Ito Junji's stuff or Vampire Academy, the Korean manhwa about a high school with vampires that somehow ends sorta like Part 2 of Jojo.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

The goofy expressions in this show are great.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I volunteer sometimes at schools and most of the time end up at a library. At all the places near where I work they have sections dedicated to manga.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I watched the episode with the policeman finally and I thought it was gonna be bad unlike the manga because people kept freaking out about it but it was the same as the manga, and fine, peace

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I volunteer sometimes at schools and most of the time end up at a library. At all the places near where I work they have sections dedicated to manga.

They brought manga to my secondary school on my 11th grade.

Incidentally, I started volunteering at the library on my 11th grade.

It's how I found Iron Wok Jan.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

DisDisDis posted:

I watched the episode with the policeman finally and I thought it was gonna be bad unlike the manga because people kept freaking out about it but it was the same as the manga, and fine, peace

I really don't see any issues with that episode

I can see how some stuff is implied and it's a very good worldbuilding episode with sizeable yet subtle hints but I'm just here for the "monster girls are like everyone else except they overheat easily or have a removable head" hijinks.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Hate-Senpai posted:

They brought manga to my secondary school on my 11th grade.

Incidentally, I started volunteering at the library on my 11th grade.

It's how I found Iron Wok Jan.

I always see people in the manga section of my bookstores (b&n and borders) and I'm glad that any weeabo stigma that was attached to that stuff has reasonably dissipated.

Unless you're an older guy, maybe

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

el dorito posted:

I always see people in the manga section of my bookstores (b&n and borders) and I'm glad that any weeabo stigma that was attached to that stuff has reasonably dissipated.

Unless you're an older guy, maybe

Bah, even when I had access to Kissmanga and other manga reader sites that didn't stop me from reading Attack on Titan in a Chapters Indigo.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Go sensei go!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Powerful.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Is there some specific reason manga are banned from school in japan? Like i got plenty of comics from my school and i imagne these days you can get some dumb mangas there too. It can potentially encourage to read other material too, at least it lead to me becoming a heavy book reader.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

I'm four episodes behind because this was played up like the WORST THING EVER but the skeeze concerns with Maidragon were on-point. Guess I'll watch this instead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iretep posted:

Is there some specific reason manga are banned from school in japan? Like i got plenty of comics from my school and i imagne these days you can get some dumb mangas there too. It can potentially encourage to read other material too, at least it lead to me becoming a heavy book reader.

Kids read manga in class.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
And the anime has now caught up with translations.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I had a shiver of horror when they showed Machi's sling over the bath. With the head tumble earlier it just made me imagine her hands being too slick as she took her head off the sling, dropping it into the water and in a panic slipping and falling on top of her head in the water, stunning her and causing her to drown.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was a pretty neat episode. I predict that the vice-principal will interfere in their relationships and make everyone miserable.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I really wanted Takahasi to up and punt Machi's head through the window... it was in perfect position.

EDIT: So really, what they're saying is that when you look at Machi's head joint, the waves collapse and can no longer pass on food/blood/etc.
Wouldn't it be pretty simple to tilt her head back and set a camera to watch the bottom of her head as she swallowed something?

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 11, 2017

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't realize how tall Machi is until they showed what she'd like look as a normal human.

CrazySalamander posted:

I had a shiver of horror when they showed Machi's sling over the bath. With the head tumble earlier it just made me imagine her hands being too slick as she took her head off the sling, dropping it into the water and in a panic slipping and falling on top of her head in the water, stunning her and causing her to drown.

Yeah it seems pretty unsafe, just hanging there. They couldn't install some kind of basket for her head?

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

There is a cloth around her head that appears to be safety-pinned to the sling, so its probably safe.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I hear that

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I feel that the little coda at the end of this episode was another thinly-veiled nod to the feelings of some people with disabilities. I've read a poll or something somewhere, where a number of people who were blind, deaf, and so on, were asked if they'd want to give up their disability. Many said that no, they wouldn't, as it was part of their identity, part of who they were. The way that Takahashi thought that Machi would be giving up part of her identity as a dullahan if it were possible to "cure" her, seems to echo that sentiment.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DrSunshine posted:

I feel that the little coda at the end of this episode was another thinly-veiled nod to the feelings of some people with disabilities. I've read a poll or something somewhere, where a number of people who were blind, deaf, and so on, were asked if they'd want to give up their disability. Many said that no, they wouldn't, as it was part of their identity, part of who they were. The way that Takahashi thought that Machi would be giving up part of her identity as a dullahan if it were possible to "cure" her, seems to echo that sentiment.

Yea obviously the topic is very personal/debated in the communities but it's still always a little lame when the big 'moral' of things like this is 'and don't they all just want to be normal anyway?' It's kinda nice that the end of that train of thought was 'well, yea she could if she wanted to, and she'd still be the same person we love, but I don't think that's a thing we need to focus on'.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

There Bias Two posted:

That was a pretty neat episode. I predict that the vice-principal will interfere in their relationships and make everyone miserable.

I wonder if the VP will intervene in grounds that he's getting to chummy with high school girls or that he's giving demis special treatment.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
The VP will intervene because he wants to spend more time with beefy-sensei making him lift things and those girls are getting in the way, darnit.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

CrazySalamander posted:

The VP will intervene because he wants to spend more time with beefy-sensei making him lift things and those girls are getting in the way, darnit.

And then the girls will retaliate by also getting beefy in order to spend time with him.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

machi's head is gonna look like a drat basketball

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

machi's head is gonna look like a drat basketball

In a better anime, she dunks it during the sports festival episode.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

https://my.mixtape.moe/hzpgxy.webm

It sure is.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Top tier ep, 20/10 would watch again.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I was a bit surprised when there was a preview after the credits, the ending of the episode screamed "last episode".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Droyer posted:

I was a bit surprised when there was a preview after the credits, the ending of the episode screamed "last episode".

Can't have an anime without a pool/beach/onsen episode.

• Locked thread