Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That sucks sorry about rehoming your cat :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. You should post pics here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

I've had moderate asthma and allergies that's been getting worse over the last year so I decided to bite the bullet and get an allergy test done. The one where they prick your skin with dozens of things and see if it hits.

I have no food allergies but hit on almost every outdoor/atmosphere/animal one. gently caress.

Thing is, I have a cat. Dr told me that my asthma could be a ticking timebomb especially since it's cat/dust/dog that triggers it. So now maybe I need to probably get on the lovely and daunting task of rehoming him. That's gonna suck.

I had a test like this done to me as a kid too and was also allergic to just about everything but food, although stuff I'm allergic to makes me break out with like itchy rashes more than serious breathing problems. I remember having to sit there and not scratch anything for a half hour or however long you have to wait to get results which was pretty awful as a 12 year old, that test sucked.

Having to get rid of your cat sucks more, I hope you can find him a good home :(

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
nah, he's actually an rear end in a top hat cat who rarely shows any affection and just wants to be left to his own devices(im the same way so no problem there) so i'm not THAT attached to him. he was a stray that the family saved from freezing weather.

the lovely part is he's 15. combined with his aggression issues it's going to be hard if not impossible to find him a new home. i'll probably have to start looking at no-kill shelters or the like and hope for the best.

it's just something i have to do because i really can't afford to take the risk of my asthma getting worse. it's already hosed up my life enough.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chromatic posted:

nah, he's actually an rear end in a top hat cat who rarely shows any affection and just wants to be left to his own devices(im the same way so no problem there) so i'm not THAT attached to him. he was a stray that the family saved from freezing weather.

the lovely part is he's 15. combined with his aggression issues it's going to be hard if not impossible to find him a new home. i'll probably have to start looking at no-kill shelters or the like and hope for the best.

it's just something i have to do because i really can't afford to take the risk of my asthma getting worse. it's already hosed up my life enough.

Your cat sounds awesome.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
i remember once when he was 2 i picked him up to carry him to another room for vacuuming purposes and he bit me on the inside of my nose as hard as he could. i remember seeing red, throwing him down, and stumbling to the kitchen to wipe/clean up the blood

that loving sucked

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chromatic posted:

i remember once when he was 2 i picked him up to carry him to another room for vacuuming purposes and he bit me on the inside of my nose as hard as he could. i remember seeing red, throwing him down, and stumbling to the kitchen to wipe/clean up the blood

that loving sucked

My bitch-cat has sent my brother and his dog to the hospital with lacerations on their eyes. I've caught her stalking wild turkeys that were twice her size. Savage cats own. :hfive:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

gently caress cats

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cats own, actually.

I have a black one who always falls asleep on my shoes if I leave them out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

gently caress cats

Don't gently caress anything that can't consent.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I just watched Black Hawk Down and now I'm watching Planet Earth 2. Oh ya!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Keith Thurman Danny Garcia could be real good and is starting now if you want to flip over to CBS.

It could also be real bad because boxing works like that.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I just watched Black Hawk Down and now I'm watching Planet Earth 2. Oh ya!!

Jurassic Park is on Netflix streaming now, so I'm gonna get ripshit baked and watch it for the first time in like 15 years, gonna be good.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Chromatic posted:

that loving sucked

Cats are assholes. Years ago my best friend and his cat ended up moving in with my folks and I for a while. He'd had the cat declawed but the little poo poo learned to punch like a motherfucker. I have no idea what I ever did to it but it liked to lie in wait for me when I got home from work, zip out, land a few hits and scurry back into hiding. It was the most aggressive animal I've ever met but now its dead and biting angels in heaven.

Edit: Watching Z Nation season 3 on Netflix. I'm not sure they'll ever be able to top the cheese gag but it's still lots of fun.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Jurassic Park is on Netflix streaming now, so I'm gonna get ripshit baked and watch it for the first time in like 15 years, gonna be good.

I've probably seen JP over 100 times. I still adore it and get chill bumps during the t-Rex scene.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
You can die because it's loving cold?

Hero of time my rear end

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Hero of time my rear end

We can't all be viking warriors who feel no pain from cold like you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

Hero of time my rear end

:ironicat:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

Hero of time my rear end

Oh, Ross :ironicat:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

I've probably seen JP over 100 times. I still adore it and get chill bumps during the t-Rex scene.

Some of the special effects are a touch dated, but they're used so well it never matters one bit, and holy poo poo this soundtrack is like mainlining being 9 years old, just fantastic stuff.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

a neat cape posted:

Hero of time my rear end

*link trundles out in merely one layer of clothing in 65F weather, keels over from frostbite*

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

Hero of time my rear end

You have to cook spicy dishes to boost your cold resistance :haw:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Some of the special effects are a touch dated, but they're used so well it never matters one bit, and holy poo poo this soundtrack is like mainlining being 9 years old, just fantastic stuff.

Yeah, a few of the scenes look dated (the stampede, for instance), but it still blows my mind how great most of the T-Rex scene looks.

There are movies coming out now that don't sell a creature as effectively as that scene and that movie released in 1993.

I'll never forget sitting in the theater with my siblings watching that movie at 7 years old. I was completely terrified by that scene. When the Rex busts through the glass top of the SUV I got out of my seat and ran back to sit with my mom and aunt who were five rows back from us.

It just freaked me out so bad because the build up to that moment was so tense and the fact that it was kids close to my age made it scarier.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Think I'm gonna get the new Zeldork game for the Wii U. Anyone have it on that and can comment on the performance? Seems to be fine from what I've seen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Think I'm gonna get the new Zeldork game for the Wii U. Anyone have it on that and can comment on the performance? Seems to be fine from what I've seen.

It's perfectly fine.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

a neat cape posted:

It's perfectly fine.

He'll yeah

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Apparently, it's in the top 5 games of all time.

Wow.

:allbuttons:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's really great. I have used my Switch almost exclusively in handheld mode, playing Zelda while laying on the couch and watching the combine.

Zelda is just...there is so much to do. I unlocked the first dungeon and I didn't even go inside because I wanted to go explore some more. I'm about 15 hours in and I've not really advanced the story much at all.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

It's really great. I have used my Switch almost exclusively in handheld mode, playing Zelda while laying on the couch and watching the combine.

Zelda is just...there is so much to do. I unlocked the first dungeon and I didn't even go inside because I wanted to go explore some more. I'm about 15 hours in and I've not really advanced the story much at all.

Yeah I'm just walking around and doing side quests and jesus christ this is a big map

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
so uh what books are yall reading

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm reading The Name of the Rose (I never saw the movie), and it is a goddamned slog. I swear there's a 20 page description of what's painted on a goddamned door. The imagined 14th century monk version of history and arguing about current events is kinda interesting I guess?

Oh god do not read this book, maybe it'll redeem itself by the end but I'm bored as hell with it.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

im playing persona 4 and i've never really played a persona game before

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Capitalist Realism by Mark Fisher and the Great Leveler which is on violence and inequality

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Fastlane tonight baby. Wrestling is good.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Currently reading John Dies At The End. Next up is Crack the Case.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wrestling is good.

it isn't and I can't wait for it to die.

Except for Dolph Ziggler who is a cool guy.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I'm reading The Name of the Rose (I never saw the movie), and it is a goddamned slog. I swear there's a 20 page description of what's painted on a goddamned door. The imagined 14th century monk version of history and arguing about current events is kinda interesting I guess?

Oh god do not read this book, maybe it'll redeem itself by the end but I'm bored as hell with it.
A trusted friend once gave me this exact description of the book and I have stayed away from it since.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Fastlane tonight baby. Wrestling is good.
RAW is not good.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Except for Dolph Ziggler who is a cool guy.
This is also not good.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm reading the World Undone which is just a overview of WW1 because I want to read a few books on the Russian Revolution and I figured I could use a refresher.

I also cleaned out my parent's attic a few weeks ago and found a box of the comic books I never sold/threw out so I've been toilet reading through early 90's Image comics like the Maxx and Gen 13 and Codename Strike Force and Prophet and boy is it all the worst goddamned poo poo that I can't even donate. It's all going into the recycling bin.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

RAW is not good.

Yeah but Kevin Owens is very good and I hope that Jericho fucks up his match tonight because How Dare Kevin Owens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im reading world war z because somehow I never got round to it.

Pretty cool.

• Locked thread