Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

nessin posted:

Anyone know how to unlock Robbie's lab? He says he needs a picture of my wounds from 100 years ago and I have no clue how to make that happen.

You're super overthinking it. He doesn't need a PICTURE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DoubleNegative posted:

gently caress Thunderblight Ganon (Spoiler for one of the main bosses)

I have no idea how you're supposed to beat him. He has so much health, moves faster than anything I've dealt with before, and in the last half of the fight has a powerful electric aura that 2 icons worth of resistance doesn't protect against.

What's frustrating me is that I had nearly beat him once. I had him to the last sliver of his health and he handed me my rear end on a silver platter. :argh:

Did you try improved stasis? Stasis works on pretty much everything.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bef posted:

i take it you loved skyward sword

I have my limits and Fidelity crossed them

I meant Fi thanks phone

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Trying to climb Death Mountain/get to Goron City. Is anti-guardian required for this? I've run into two and I've only got a couple arrows left. Otherwise, where can I go after beating the Zora dungeon?

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Wow, FLOWER RAGE is absolutely hilarious, same with my gay real estate agent.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I found Hestu.

Is that... Manbo's Mambo?

Talk about a blast from the past!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I get to play this loving game Monday.

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007
Only one kind of enemy drops rupees. Sell stuff to vendors.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain

I've been trying to sell my non-pro PS4 bundle forever and some guy asked me if I wanted to trade for a Switch with Zelda. Thought it maybe fell off a truck or something but he had a receipt and everything. He ended up taking a bit of a loss but they're not exactly impossible to find around here so it was about even.

Anyways guess I'll see what this thing is all about. I already have 6 hours on the Wii-u, at least I know what to do now. Portable Zelda does sound nice. Keeping my wii-u forever tho.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Dork457 posted:

How do I surf on my shield?

All moves are listed in the controller options screen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

KingEup posted:

All moves are listed in the controller options screen.

Not really. You have to "find" it or do it before it shows up.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I am so in love with this game I went nuts and bought 300 dollars worth of zelda amiibos to use with it. Help. Why was Shiek 70 dollars?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Cojawfee posted:

Not really. You have to "find" it or do it before it shows up.

Interesting, I'm missing two of these. Is there a list anywhere, unless they're spoilers somehow?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Pollyanna posted:

Interesting, I'm missing two of these. Is there a list anywhere, unless they're spoilers somehow?

Amiibo may be one...I'm still missing one as well though

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Republicans posted:

Did you try improved stasis? Stasis works on pretty much everything.

I'll have to pick that up and give it a try. I'm also willing to accept the fact that I'm not ready to take this rear end in a top hat on yet and do a training shrine montage. Even with my super food that grants +21 bonus hearts, he is nuts. :stonklol:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

gently caress you Mirro Shaz. gently caress you forever. And all I got out of it was a lousy giant core, too.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Easy way to beat the starter Lynels: make a 3 shield defense meal and eat it

Rupees are easy to get; cook food and sell it. Anything with prime meat is worth a ton. I'd advise against selling any monster materials though, there are uses for everything it seems.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GobiasIndustries posted:

seriously tho how do you farm rupees?

Make a bunch of elixirs and sell them. I've got more monster parts than I know what to do with. Most of the elixirs I make sell for about 100 rupees each.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Shrouded Shrine was legit one of the most white-knuckle fights I've had so far. So fun.

I do wish there was a bit more lore hanging around these places though, that's always been one of my favourite things about the series: the vague yet tantalising history behind locations like Ikana canyon and such. Here you get these vast ancient ruins, but little in the way of meat behind them. Feels shallow. :(

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Hahaha, eat gently caress Blue Lynel from Zora's Domain. I told your rear end I was coming back.

WHAT'S GOOD, MOTHERFUCKER?!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I have my limits and Fidelity crossed them

I meant Fi thanks phone

The game is actually fairly straightforward if you just beeline the main quest, if it helps. It tracks quests like a lot of other modern games, with quest markers and everything. It's still going to be a bit more sandboxy, just because of the out-of-the-way things you'll need to do to get more hearts and better weapons, but it doesn't have to be a 100-hour sandbox fest if you don't want it to be.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Pops Mgee posted:

Make a bunch of elixirs and sell them. I've got more monster parts than I know what to do with. Most of the elixirs I make sell for about 100 rupees each.

What recipes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

Trying to climb Death Mountain/get to Goron City. Is anti-guardian required for this? I've run into two and I've only got a couple arrows left. Otherwise, where can I go after beating the Zora dungeon?

No not at all. I ran into one and using bombs knocked it off the mountain. Alternatively, if you shield parry 3 times it kills any guardian

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Anyone know where the fire dragon is?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Calaveron posted:

What recipes

Don't know, I usually just throw a frog or bug in with a mix of monster parts. I usually try to use the stuff from bigger monsters like lizalphos and moblins I guess. I always make sure I use 5 ingredients in each one too.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
somebody said there's a statue that lets you swap heart containers and stamina vessels, anybody remember where that is? just need one more heart for reasons.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Beat the Labyrinth Island.

I climbed the wall with my super stamina gauge.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How many hearts should I get before I start getting stamina? Right now I have 5 hearts and one stamina upgrade and I can't decide if I should use my next 4 orbs for a heart or more stamina.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Harrow posted:

How many hearts should I get before I start getting stamina? Right now I have 5 hearts and one stamina upgrade and I can't decide if I should use my next 4 orbs for a heart or more stamina.

I went three stamina upgrades first, which is enough to climb almost anything you'll encounter. Have a couple stamina restoration food handy and you can climb basically anything.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

nessin posted:

I went three stamina upgrades first, which is enough to climb almost anything you'll encounter. Have a couple stamina restoration food handy and you can climb basically anything.

Is there a limit to how much you can up your stamina?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Is there a limit to how much you can up your stamina?

I think it's three full circles, which is 10 upgrades.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Ok, sold off most of the junk I had been collecting and got over 1000 ruupies. Now I can unlock the Great Fairy.

*Sees that she needs stuff to upgrade clothes*

AHHHH gently caress!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, sold off most of the junk I had been collecting and got over 1000 ruupies. Now I can unlock the Great Fairy.

*Sees that she needs stuff to upgrade clothes*

AHHHH gently caress!

Yeah, never sell any kind of enemy vendor trash. You'll need all of it for something or another.

If you need fast cash, stick to selling ore. You'll need that for other purposes too, but at least it gives you so many Rupees you can easily restore your stock.

Don't sell diamonds, though.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Beat the Labyrinth Island.

I climbed the wall with my super stamina gauge.

What about all of the flying guardians around?
I just navigated my way to the end - took about 2 minutes

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Also, I should be keeping the Woodcutter's Axe, Torch, and Iron Sledgehammer right?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Ran past 'em.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Deceptive Thinker posted:

There's a lot of solid loot hidden around in the labyrinth if you care to look for it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This game is so drat good but it could use some QOL enhancements. Ragdolling happens too god drat much and taking damage for rolling down a hill is dumb, it would also be nice to see who has quests on your minimap. I've missed picking up several quests only to come back and actually see that someone has a quest because I never got into dialogue range with that person.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, I should be keeping the Woodcutter's Axe, Torch, and Iron Sledgehammer right?

You don't really need them. You cab cut down trees with bombs or any edged weapon and iron hammers are just durable compared to other 2 handed options but weak. Torches are useful only in areas the game showers you in them anyways.

Only utility you really need is a Korok leaf tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Beelined through Mount Lanayru once I found the shrine up there and it's a lotta fun even though I was pretty under prepared. Though I