Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
ODB is the No. 1 Knockouts contender in 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
ROH continues to develop young talent by debuting Bully Ray

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I legitimately forgot Storm and Bram were the other two under the masks besides Kingston

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Rhonne posted:

Did DCC ever do anything? I still don't even know what their gimmick was supposed to be!

They jobbed straight out of the gate

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So the Hardys are ROH now, huh?

Hmm. I dunno why I ever thought they'd go back to WWE.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They still have time to drop the titles back before going to WWE. I hope they just continue accumulating tag team titles from companies and then leaving instead of dropping them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, and if WWE wants their re-debut to be a surprise, letting them work for other companies until then, and even a date or so after, is a good idea.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, this seems like a short-term angle to keep the Hardys busy for a month or so. They'll probably drop the belts back to the Bucks on Mania weekend and then show up on the Raw after.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It would be good if the bucks challenged them for every belt at once, like the old j crown.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Karen Jarrett says Maria had a nervous breakdown, and the lack of authority since her exit caused Sienna's bullying to go unpunished. Sienna says at least she got to Impact on merit, not because of who she married and who she moved on to"

RUSSO IS BACK BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

they have dates with ROH for the next month and that's it

I guess this means that they'll probably be on the PPV on Friday

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ya gettin worked Foochs

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Isn't that contract only temporary? Like until April 1st temporary? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw that.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'd say it's ridiculous that ROH would book the Hardys to win the straps on their debut knowing that they were angling for WWE, but it's Delirious we're talking about here. Or maybe they're not WWE-bound?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'd say it's ridiculous that ROH would book the Hardys to win the straps on their debut knowing that they were angling for WWE, but it's Delirious we're talking about here. Or maybe they're not WWE-bound?

ROH put the strap on O'Reilly apparently without having him locked down, so who knows

Is there a list of questionable ROH talent/booking decisions out there?

Edit: I'm not sure I'd consider this one questionable though. Using a big name in the buildup to their Mania shows, even temporarily, isn't a bad idea. It's not like the ROH tag team titles are some sacred thing that will be harmed by a hotshot change.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If they know they have the Hardys until a specific date, they'd be stupid not to use them to pop as many gates as possible. ROH's questionable decisions are usually waiting too long to do a title switch. This is them doing the change at the right time instead of holding off like they tend to do.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 5, 2017

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Is there a list of questionable ROH talent/booking decisions out there?

Pretty sure their biggest one was when Rob Feinstein got into online dating.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Still a little bit of time for some shift but currently

-215 Swann/Tozawa
-2000 Goldberg
-1200 Braun
-615 Neville
-560 Club (Gallows/Anderson)
-160 Charlotte
-1700 Nia
-1625 Joe

Assuming Taker costs Reigns the win

Also congrats on reign #5, Charlotte, 11 to go

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
BRAAAAAAAAAUN

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also those low odds on Charlotte usually mean a gently caress finish, so I think Bayley retains in an interference DQ

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
People taking an in ring promo by Broken Matt as a legit source of news. Delightful.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

any chance of a gently caress finish in the Goldberg match??? no??? bugger

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

any chance of a gently caress finish in the Goldberg match??? no??? bugger

In the sense that people will be screaming "gently caress", for better or for worse, by the end of the short match, yes absolutely

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Those odds make me very very ready for the pay per view WWE Make Way New Stars 2017

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Chris James 2 posted:

Also congrats on reign #5, Charlotte, 11 to go

I didn't realize she'd had her fourth reign until she said she's going for number five in that interview from her appearance at that basketball game, and made me realize how shocked I am they didn't make that reign longer so she could've been doing the Four Horseman hand sign all the time.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

Raw is very bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
Garza Jr/Laredo Kid defeat Fallah Bahh/Mario Bokara in a match also featuring Bram/Kingston and Reno Scum. Garza pins Bokara
MJ Jenkins/ODB defeat Angelina Love/Laurel Van Ness. Davey and Angelina walk out on Laurel
Mahabali Shera defeats Fallah Bahh. Bahh attacks and stands tall postmatch

Team Borash/Team Josh stipulation: Team Josh loses, he leaves commentary. Chris Masters out to get in Josh's face (now called Chris Adonis)
Del Rio defeats Jon Bolen (local guy). Del Rio still using the dumb as gently caress double stomp tree of woe finisher from WWE. Calls out Lashley afterward
Pritchard does a podcast segment where the draft for the teams happens. Team Josh: Lashley, Bram, Eli Drake, Tyrus. Team Borash: Del Rio, Chris Adonis, Matt Morgan, Magnus. Brawl ensues
Reno Scum defeat Garza Jr/Laredo Kid in a match also featuring Decay
Pritchard does a podcast segment to announce Lashley's #1 contender via fan vote. It's James Storm. EC3 cries rigged election won't #MIGA
Braxton Sutter and Allie defeat Kevin Matthews and Sienna. Kongo Kong destroys Braxton and Laurel Van Ness beats up Allie afterward
Andrew Everett defeats Marshe Rockett in a match also featuring Suicide and Gregory Helms. Everett and Helms fight over Rockett and Lee after
Davey Richards submits DJZ. Pull apart between Davey and Eddie, and Alisha and Angelina
Not-Survivor Series Survivor Series time! Team Borash wins with Morgan and Magnus hitting back to back finishers. Del Rio leads a Na Na Na chant as Josh exits, and the face locker room clears to party at ringside, Del Rio doing so with the audience

Is Magnus the only one in that main event who didn't spend any time in WWE or a WWE developmental?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Why did Sasha win just there?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Venomous posted:

Why did Sasha win just there?

She pinned Nia's shoulders to the mat long enough for the ref to count to three. It's the general basis behind most victories in professional wrestling, though you can also win by submission, countout (your opponent being outside the ring long enough for the referee to reach a ten count), disqualification, and, rarely, knockout.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man the betting odds off tonight for once

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Is Magnus the only one in that main event who didn't spend any time in WWE or a WWE developmental?

Yes

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I think if you really examine things you'll find that Matt Morgan is still a hot prospect

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Do they really keep saying "Make Impact Great Again?"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

Do they really keep saying "Make Impact Great Again?"

Yep. Jarrett's new marketing strategy

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So is Balor returning tonight or what?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, he was green as gently caress when TNA debuted him, I think at a Destination X PPV. Even Eric Young couldn't get a match out of him.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/FTRHayabusa/status/840832035702824960

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

So is Balor returning tonight or what?

The video of him at the Buffalo house show was hilarious if just for how much Hunter oversold the double stomp (not the Coup de Grace, the standing version he does after countering sometimes).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Naomi's dad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Paddy Power Wrestlemania odds are up. Very early so they are what you'd expect: http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/wwe?ev_oc_grp_ids=3031459