Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rad Valtar posted:

Any news about when the next shipment will be hitting?

A lot of places are getting things on Monday. At least, I know Walmart is getting pro controllers monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LethalGeek posted:

Hey I just did that one too though I only burned through 2 weapons a bow and a couple foods. I took my time with it though sounds like you wailed on it.

It's more that most of my inventory was already suffering from heavy use and just outside of heavily damaged range.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Zo posted:

my wife is dead set on getting this after seeing some commercials, so to save me some disappointment, is this thing basically an underpowered iphone like it looks like?

I'll have you know that the Switch is the most powerful version of the Nvidia Shield yet.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I know people were saying their system drains power faster than it can keep up using the charger while playing Zelda? I have been playing Zelda in handheld more for 2 hours now using the charger and it has been at 100% the whole time. I have the screen brightness up pretty high and auto brightness turned off. I have wifi off; not sure if that is why I can accomplish this.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Wii U stand put to good use.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I know people were saying their system drains power faster than it can keep up using the charger while playing Zelda? I have been playing Zelda in handheld more for 2 hours now using the charger and it has been at 100% the whole time. I have the screen brightness up pretty high and auto brightness turned off. I have wifi off; not sure if that is why I can accomplish this.

What? Why would this happen? I've been binging Zelda docked without dropping a single point in battery.

Maybe they meant off a different charger.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Does snipperclips have online multiplayer?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nephzinho posted:

Oh, and I didn't really like the look of the Pro going into the weekend but holy poo poo if this isn't one of the most comfortable controllers I've ever used. Going to replace my 360 pad on my PC with one of these. If you're on the fence, get it.

its great for switch absolutely but no analog triggers make it a major bummer for pc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

must be
when off the dock i've been pluggin switch into my pro controller's power cable that i have plugged into an old usb plug in the wall and it makes it drain slower but it still drains.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Soul Glo posted:

What? Why would this happen? I've been binging Zelda docked without dropping a single point in battery.

I confirm.
On dock it did not dip under 100%.

Zelda on mobile drains the battery really fast but I guess that's expected.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Inzombiac posted:

I confirm.
On dock it did not dip under 100%.

Zelda on mobile drains the battery really fast but I guess that's expected.

But it doesn't drain while charging on handheld right?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

People have been saying that about various portable chargers; I haven't seen anyone saying it about the actual AC Adapter unless it's somewhere outside of this thread.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Uggh I have been trying to convince myself that I don't want this but I just got to play a friend's Switch and it's really slick.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Uggh I have been trying to convince myself that I don't want this but I just got to play a friend's Switch and it's really slick.

except for the right analog stick being in a poo poo position. :v:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
My wife is going shopping tomorrow and I told her she has to scour the entire city to find me one. If she fails I might have to sever.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I just want to play Mario golf on a system that doesn't look like piss rear end poo poo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I just want to play Mario golf on a system that doesn't look like piss rear end poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhvOtFd2uAs

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Fuuuuuck gently caress it just port 3ds games to Da Switch plz Nintendo

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rad Valtar posted:

My wife is going shopping tomorrow and I told her she has to scour the entire city to find me one. If she fails I might have to sever.

My wife told me to stop caring about video games and go to the gym instead. Stupid bitch

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Drunk Tomato posted:

But it doesn't drain while charging on handheld right?

No, it doesn't drain while plugged in as you are using it in handheld mode. This is how I have been playing it for the past two days and it charges as I play it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My wife told me to stop caring about video games and go to the gym instead. Stupid bitch

Gym memberships are a money sink. She apparently doesn't care about your finances.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I took a look at my dock and luckily mine is not curved like some people with the scratches are reporting.

However I took a look at it and i bet it's nothing more than the screws are too tight. That might sound crazy but I remember my oled Vita would make a sound every time you pressed L or R (I forget which) and tons of people had the problem and the fix was to loosen a screw a bit. Totally fixed it.

Anyway when I looked at mine I noticed the front part is its own separate piece, so I bet there are screws underneath the pads on the bottom. I have a feeling loosening them a bit would fix any problems someone might have with their dock.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Went toy local EB. Just to see what the stock levels are like

Neon, Zelda, Guardian AMIIBO, Bomberman and pro controller all sold out. Only 2 Gray left

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
my left joycon is running out of juice in less than a day. right has yet to drop past half way and i guess they get charged every night when i reconnect them to the unit. weird thing is when it charges back up 2 blocks really really quickly, less than 10 mins, to the same of the right joycon and then the last block on each takes awhile.

this is a defect right? i let it drain out thinking it might just be a software bug thing but the joycon just shuts off completely. anyone else getting this fun issue? no desyncs or claw marks or explosions yet either.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I think I'm gonna just put a little electrical tape on the dock edges and gently caress the screen protector, all in baby

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Vikar Jerome posted:

my left joycon is running out of juice in less than a day. right has yet to drop past half way and i guess they get charged every night when i reconnect them to the unit. weird thing is when it charges back up 2 blocks really really quickly, less than 10 mins, to the same of the right joycon and then the last block on each takes awhile.

this is a defect right? i let it drain out thinking it might just be a software bug thing but the joycon just shuts off completely. anyone else getting this fun issue? no desyncs or claw marks or explosions yet either.

Same issue here, I got a warning that the left joycon was at low battery while the right wasn't even half drained. Add to that the fact that the wifi in the unit is so amazingly terrible that even if I put the switch directly on top of my router I can only get 10mbs down and 5mbs up (if I put it next to my tv with all my other stuff I get less than 1mbs down) and it seems like the switch hardware is trash!

Zelda is fun though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Overbite posted:

Same issue here, I got a warning that the left joycon was at low battery while the right wasn't even half drained. Add to that the fact that the wifi in the unit is so amazingly terrible that even if I put the switch directly on top of my router I can only get 10mbs down and 5mbs up (if I put it next to my tv with all my other stuff I get less than 1mbs down) and it seems like the switch hardware is trash!

Zelda is fun though.

just read this post at the bottom here https://en-americas-support.nintend...==/comment/6708

they claim letting it die all the way and then recharging it fully while connected to the switch sorts it out. gonna see if this works since i already let it die.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got my USB-C cable from Amazon today. I connected my switch to my Anker Core 1000, which is a little smaller than a deck of cards and $24. Playing Zelda on normal brightness and Airplane mode not on, its powering the system completely so theres no battery loss. If you turn down the brightness, turn on Airplane Mode, you'll get a slow recharge while playing. If playing a less demanding game, you'll definitely get a faster recharge. Comparing the sizes of both devices batteries, it should give you enough juice to last for another 3 hours, maybe more. I dont see many situations where you're going to be away from a USB port longer than what this will give you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't put any wireless device directly on top of your router. There's more or less a dead zone within a foot of it because of some kind of halo effect. The best place is between five and ten feet.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Fry's down the street from me sold out 80~ switches on the first day, and almost completely sold out everything else as well, the only things left were a few copies of Bomberman and Let's Dance, and a single pair of grey Joy Cons

Probably a good thing, I likely would've left with one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I felt like I don't like Bomberman very much, but my kid keeps asking me to play it. I played co-op with my wife this morning and one of the bosses gave her a mild panic attack because there was too much going on and the music was too frenetic.

Is there any way to earn coins apart from story mode? I would like to unlock the multiplayer maps but I don't want to play more story mode unless I have to.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So apparently it's a common problem when people accidentally put the joycon wrist strap things upside down and they suggest the way to fix it is by using a thin tool to hold the prongs and easily slide it off.
This happened to me before reading about these fixes so I pretty much forced the thing off. Hopefully I didn't gently caress anything up.
Man handling these things is really awkward. Glad I sprung for the pro controller

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

shoulda gotten your kid into 94 or sb5 like a good parent

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I like Bomberman so far but I'm not a big fan of the perspectivel; sometimes it's a bit hard to line up where things are.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

Got my USB-C cable from Amazon today. I connected my switch to my Anker Core 1000, which is a little smaller than a deck of cards and $24. Playing Zelda on normal brightness and Airplane mode not on, its powering the system completely so theres no battery loss. If you turn down the brightness, turn on Airplane Mode, you'll get a slow recharge while playing. If playing a less demanding game, you'll definitely get a faster recharge. Comparing the sizes of both devices batteries, it should give you enough juice to last for another 3 hours, maybe more. I dont see many situations where you're going to be away from a USB port longer than what this will give you.

Wow, that's good to hear. Are you using an A to C or a straight C cable?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

iajanus posted:

I like Bomberman so far but I'm not a big fan of the perspectivel; sometimes it's a bit hard to line up where things are.

Yeah, it would be nice if they rotated the view just a bit to be more like the old top-down view and not the weird 10 degree or whatever angle it's at. It's also a bit hard to drop bombs accurately once you get a few speed power-ups.

I think I might be better off once I get a pro controller though, the stick doesn't feel quite right for this, and the d-buttons are adequate but not great. They're fine for me in Shovel Knight though, so maybe it's just the game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I am loving the Switch. I am Setsuna is scratching some good itches and Zelda is GOTY so far.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey bit confused pls help

I have to make a new Nintendo account/ID even if I already have one on my wii-u?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hey bit confused pls help

I have to make a new Nintendo account/ID even if I already have one on my wii-u?

Nintendo Account is different from Nintendo ID. They're trying to streamline the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

err right, so I think I have the latter

Can't link that to the switch?

• Locked thread