Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The game over text is colored differently depending on how you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Dubious Food

the mosaic censoring is awesome

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i've had a few deaths that have made me laugh out loud because of how well everything in the game clicks together. like killing the really powerful bokoblin chief, only to have a red one come from my periphery and knock me off a cliff to my death

Reminds me of

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just spent the last few hours filling out the map. That tower in the middle of a lake surrounded by electric lizalfos and electric wizzrobes is a true challenge.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Just purchased this game. I'm real excited

mycophobia posted:

WiiU version

Same here. On my way home to play

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just spent the last few hours filling out the map. That tower in the middle of a lake surrounded by electric lizalfos and electric wizzrobes is a true challenge.

i took an electric elixir before diving in, only to juke everything and not get hit at all so i wasted it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tumor looking batty posted:

Gonna stop reading this thread so I don't get spoiled

this

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I feel like the decision to give the player a leafglider immediately upon starting shall go down as one of the best game design choices in history.

In general with wild horses, climbing, shield surfing and gliding there's like always a fun movement option to improve the already good experience of interacting with the world.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I feel like the decision to give the player a leafglider immediately upon starting shall go down as one of the best game design choices in history.

In general with wild horses, climbing, shield surfing and gliding there's like always a fun movement option to improve the already good experience of interacting with the world.

agreed. i love the fact that you get most of your major tools in the first part, and then use those tools to explore the world.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Did I just get struck by lightning because I'm carrying a big metal sword during a storm?

This game... :discourse:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

although i cant wait to see whats goin on with that big ominous volcano, i decided to go to the beach instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to do a run where i sequence break and do hard poo poo first, but i decided to make my first run stick pretty close to the story. that's exactly the opposite of how i usually play these games.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I can't afford a switch for a bit, but I really wanna play BotW. Is the wii u version pretty sweet, or should I just wait?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I have it on Wii U, and other than a bit of slowdown here and there it's great.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

I can't afford a switch for a bit, but I really wanna play BotW. Is the wii u version pretty sweet, or should I just wait?

It's fine. The framerate dips a little bit in a couple of spots but not very often.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I dusted off my pro controller for it and with the exception of the gamepad being needed for a couple of puzzles it feels the best imho

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I don't have a pro controller yet and I'm feeling the pain of the Wii u gamepad's awful battery life

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
There's a misprint on some Wii u version boxes including my own that says the game is compatible with the wiimote, wiimote+nunchuck, classic controller, etc. when the game is only compatible with the gamepad and Wii u pro

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The game is amazing so I will forgive this transgression.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i feel so bad for everyone who didnt buy this game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the art and the music are so fuckin good and i love every one of the characters. I keep quietly saying whoa to myself while playing it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've only done the Zora divine beast so far, but what most impressed me is how the Zoras actually feel like a civilization with their own culture and history. They give you a ton of backstory about them specifically and how their society functions. I'm excited to see the other races.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the art and the music are so fuckin good and i love every one of the characters. I keep quietly saying whoa to myself while playing it

agreed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

i feel so bad for everyone who didnt buy this game

this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are some pretty horrific enemy encounters int this and its loving awesome. i swear kojima and miyazaki had a hand in this game

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm getting this bug where i get the blood moon cutscene over and over and over in the middle of the day. wtf

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Soral posted:

i'm getting this bug where i get the blood moon cutscene over and over and over in the middle of the day. wtf

you have to reset time

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

The music especially is so shockingly not what I expected, but the sparse instrumentation fits the feel of the world so well.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Just found the survivor style tropical island that you have to complete without dying. This loving game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

please spoiler everything even if youre being vague thanks

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I love this game

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm sure it will come in handy later but right now I feel guilty using the teleport system at all. I enjoy walking to my next location of interest and getting distracted exploring for 5 hours and forgetting where I was even going in the first place.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm not using fast travel at all

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mycophobia posted:

I'm not using fast travel at all

eventually you will have to. the world is loving huge

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like how the game gives you a feeling of character progression while only having two actual stats (health and stam). i now feel like a machine when killing bokoblins and moblins, but can still be killed if i make mistakes, and some of the enemies in other areas have been tricky.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, i'm curious about something but don't want to look at a wiki: how important are gems outside of being a source of money? can i sell the ones i have and not feel guilty?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
ive run into one situation so far where i need gems so now im afraid to sell any of them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well you also have armor, which helps a ton. stuff that used to oneshot me now deals half a heart w/ some upgrades

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I have 13 hearts (to those in the know... yah it pwns) and the hyrule soldier gear + cool hood. think i'm gonna buy the sheikah set for the fashion casue it looks real good. still getting 1 or 2 shot by most enemies that arent baby bokoblins. ive put like 25+ hours in already and i still feel completely underprepared for every step forward i want to take. which is epic, btw, im always on edge bc i dont know if i'll survive the next encounter or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
sheikah armor set is good because when you got all 3 on so long as you arent sprinting you can just walk up behind pretty much whatever you want

• Locked thread