Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m the Chinese Archipelago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Platystemon posted:

Flight routes

Norway looks like a prairie dog poking its head up for a look around. :3:

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Platystemon posted:

Flight routes
I like that Alaska is pretty clearly outlined.

India is a bit harder to pick out than I would have expected.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Platystemon posted:

Flight routes

What do the colours signify?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Angry Salami posted:

So why's Morocco Africa's only green country? I can't imagine it's that much safer than, say, Namibia or Botswana... Are they maybe including disease concerns as well as personal safety?

Never been there. Maybe tourism? tourism create a reason to have a peaceful area so the tourist stay and waste their money.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I know Morocco used to be a major tourist destination for the French. Pretty much everybody I know who spent any amount of time in France has visited Morocco. This may be dated since my sample set is mostly from before or during the Iraq War.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Travel advisories, according to the Dutch government.

The sheer fact that Florida and Australia aren't red. Lunacy.

What's up with costal Ecuador and are the Galápagos Islands safe or not?

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just noticed that red spot in Japan.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Edible Hat posted:

I just noticed that red spot in Japan.

Fukushima?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That's Fukushima.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Saladin Rising posted:

I like that Alaska is pretty clearly outlined.

India is a bit harder to pick out than I would have expected.

Is that because India has a really well-developed train system?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Golbez posted:

Members of the EU: Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, plus everything mentioned so far

Non members: French Guiana

Norway and Iceland are EFTA members which is basically being in the EU except you don't get to vote on anything and only get some of the benefits.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
That's why I hated my trip to Spain.

Loved Italy though, so I'm surprised to see they're also pretty anti semitic. I guess they just hide it better

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Fuckin' lol at the Italians saying the Jews killed Christ.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"The Jews are responsible for the death of Christ" is kind of a tricky question. Like, yeah, I'm sure most of the people who said yes to that are shitheads, but at the same time, someone who accepts the Gospel account of the Crucifixion as the historical truth could say yes to that question thinking in terms of "some Jews 2000 years ago were responsible for the death of Christ" without necessarily having the added meaning "therefore all Jews are evil and can never be trusted."

Pakled fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 6, 2017

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Is that because India has a really well-developed train system?

While Indian Railways is pretty well developed, with massive ridership, most of that ridership isn't traveling far enough distances for a plane flight to make sense. And among the ridership where it could make sense, it'd often be out of range for affordability.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Pakled posted:

"The Jews are responsible for the death of Christ" is kind of a tricky question. Like, yeah, I'm sure most of the people who said yes to that are shitheads, but at the same time, someone who accepts the Gospel account of the Crucifixion as the historical truth could say yes to that question thinking in terms of "some Jews 2000 years ago were responsible for the death of Christ" without necessarily having the added meaning "therefore all Jews are evil and can never be trusted."

The problem is that the statement has always been an accusation against Jews as a group. It's never about some Jews in Jesus' time. When even the Church publicly denounced the idea in the 60s (including the historical truth aspect of it), you don't get a pass for still believing in it.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Likewise, it's reasonable to think that the Rothschilds and other families that happen to be Jewish have too much financial power, but that's not how the question is phrased and the lack of a distinction is telling in itself.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
The Jews who exist anywhere in the world today are so radically different ethnically, theologically, culturally, etc etc from the Jewish priesthood described in the Gospels that ideally anyone who subscribes to the "the Pharisees got Jesus killed" theory would have no bone to pick with the Jews today. It usually doesn't work like that though.

I mean reading the Gospels as a Jew, you can definitely see how Jesus was the good guy and the priesthood was pretty corrupt. They were written for Jews, after all. Money changers? In the Temple?? On Shabbos??? You flip that table, Yeshua!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Every time I've been in Italy for the last 10 years I've always had a concierge who didn't want to deal with non-Italian speakers but they'd be more than happy to delay our service to talk about how the stars in the EU flag are because of the 13 Jewish families. My wife speaking competent (albeit absolutely business) Italian and my non-speaking but understanding (by way of Latin and Spanish -- admittedly neither very good) does not seem to phase them. In fact, based my physiognomy, a lesser person might presume that they've meant for me to understand and that's also why my service was delayed/refused.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I wonder how big the overlap is between “the Holocaust was so long ago, the Jews should stop talking about it“ and “the Jews killed Christ! :argh:“, and if one of them ever noticed the hypocrisy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Surely the death of Christ is an objectively good thing, since it allowed the salvation of at least some of mankind. If you are a Protestant, his sacrifice is in fact the only thing that made the salvation of the elect possible (as all of mankind is irredeemably corrupted). Those Jews should logically be applauded for playing their role in the master plan to perfection.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phlegmish posted:

Surely the death of Christ is an objectively good thing, since it allowed the salvation of at least some of mankind. If you are a Protestant, his sacrifice is in fact the only thing that made the salvation of the elect possible (as all of mankind is irredeemably corrupted). Those Jews should logically be applauded for playing their role in the master plan to perfection.

By that logic, Hitler should be applauded for making the Moon landing possible.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Platystemon posted:

By that logic, Hitler should be applauded for making the Moon landing possible.

:golfclap: :hitler:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Phlegmish posted:

Judas Iscariot is the true savior of mankind :colbert:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

System Metternich posted:

I wonder how big the overlap is between “the Holocaust was so long ago, the Jews should stop talking about it“ and “the Jews killed Christ! :argh:“, and if one of them ever noticed the hypocrisy.

Studies on "conspiracy theories" show that people are intellectually evolved enough to easily entertain mutually contradictory theories in the pursuit of truth.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Because the Germans are happy in Denmark, while the Danes of Slesvig-Holsten still remember the ethnic cleansing perpetrated by the Prussians.

I've always been told my German family's ancestral home is Schleswig-Holstein. If it was given to the Danes, we might have to go to war over it - for the millionth time I guess.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Like most DDR parts of Germany, the real trick is how they tell time.

I have no idea how the Danes tell time but (and I'm not telling you this) if you ever wanted to annex a politically sensitive part of Germany including the traditional capital then maybe consider adopting proper Ossi chronology.

I promise you. Blood, tradition, biology -- nobody cares. But people care about how you call time. They may be aging out but those are the only people who vote!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Pakled posted:

It's a loving weird question. How is any one supposed to answer that? I would simply refuse.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bloodnose posted:

Loved Italy though, so I'm surprised to see they're also pretty anti semitic. I guess they just hide it better

i had a :stare: moment when my italian buddy said something like "that guy is almost as greedy as a jew"

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The italy thing wouldn't be surprising to any europeans. Some countries seem to have better marketing departments in the US.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Jews are more loyal to Israel than [random European country]" is probably accurate as a whole. Like most Jewish people don't even live in Europe, the greatest numbers are in the US and Israel, so if you picked a Jewish person at random and asked "do you care more about Israel than Luxembourg?" then the answer would probably tend towards Israel.

Same if you picked one of the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world at random and asked "which is more important, Mecca or Birmingham?"

It's obviously being asked in the sense of national loyalty though, in which case a lot of those European countries should be more worried about the direct hotline to the Roman Pope that all Catholics in office allegedly have.

(I bet the low numbers of people crediting Jewish people for the Ascension of the Messiah across Western Europe is probably more to do with people not knowing much about the Christian Gospels than evidence for a lack of antisemitism.)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

System Metternich posted:

It's not hypocritical to think different actions have different expiration dates for complaining about. People think you're weird if you hold a grudge for weeks because someone ate the last slice of pizza, while it'd be perfectly understandable to hold it for years if they crippled you. Since Jesus is eternally the infinitely best, any actions carried out against people, no matter how heinous, is the equivalent of eating that last slice of pizza in comparison.

The real hypocrisy is placing Jesus on that pedestal of eternal infinite eternal truth and worth, while not at all living up to his teachings on forgiveness (and probably a whole lot more.) A hypocrisy that relies on collective guilt to boot, which doesn't seem like his thing either.

Jippa posted:

It's a loving weird question. How is any one supposed to answer that? I would simply refuse.
If the question is literally about "the Jews" then it's pretty easy to say "No, the Jews are not responsible", even if you accept scripture as the historical truth. Like, a big point seems to be that the Jews involved in Jesus' death are terrible people, corrupting their own places of worship. For other Jews, further separated by two millennia to somehow become responsible for that basically requires some sort of Sequel Sin which damned all followers of Judaism for all eternity.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bloodnose posted:

Theres very few jews in Spain. Spain come from a fascist dictatorship that was anti-semite and openly educated people in anti-semitism, and the people that lived in that period is still around.

Some young leftist are pro-palestine. Why? I don't even know. Maybe because here the state of israel is "the man" and the palestinian the revels. Or something.

Spanish anti-semitism is probably not a real thing. Few of the people with a anti-israel opinions have ever meet a jew in his life. It may even end in a few years when the old generation dies, and the new ones find a different thing to warr around than the intifada.

The people against the state of israel policies with the palestinian are not racist, they are against some policies of some state, no the jew people.

The Jesus thing was a suicide, suicide by cop. Supposedly he said what he said knowing the consequences. That to me reads has a suicide. To deny this is to deny the entire christian religion, because is to deny that what Jesus dead was intentional, a sacrifice.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 6, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Jews killed Christ” and “The Jews are responsible for the death of Christ” are two very different statements.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Platystemon posted:

Flight routes

:ceylon:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Platystemon posted:

"Jews killed Christ" and "The Jews are responsible for the death of Christ" are two very different statements.
"Jews did 4/3/33."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The Ceylons were created by man. :awesomelon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Powered Descent posted:

The Ceylons were created by man. :awesomelon:

The island rebelled.

It evolved.

And it has a plan.