Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Bulldoze all 1.5m triovals that aren't Charlotte and return Atlanta to its true glory

Texas
Las Vegas
Kansas
Kentucky
Chicagoland

All are pretty much pointless footnotes save for hosting IRL races back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Aside from attending races at Texas and Vegas killing Wheldon I can't tell you a single interesting thing that occurred any of them

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

FuzzySkinner posted:

All are pretty much pointless footnotes, like hosting IRL races back in the day.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Aside from attending races at Texas and Vegas killing Wheldon I can't tell you a single interesting thing that occurred any of them

I can pollute the thread with IndyCar moments, but i'd rather not.

Cup wise...I'm struggling, sans Dale Jr's first win at TMS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5oGie8sMEo

I seem to recall (when they had only ONE race) some good races at TMS, but since the new gen of cars? not so much.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The first race at Texas was a wreckfest that ended up with Jeff Burton's first win, which I remember being entertaining.

2001 was a great race but all the inters were great in 2001.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I remember when Champ Car ran Vegas and was badly outdrawn by the truck series' support race. :newlol:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah ChampCar's few oval races were pretty sad.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Alain Post posted:

The first race at Texas was a wreckfest that ended up with Jeff Burton's first win, which I remember being entertaining.

2001 was a great race but all the inters were great in 2001.

Texas isn't awful in theory....

Seems to be in a decent Cup market (Texas/Arkansas/Oklahoma are in driving distance), has a guy that's willing to do a lot of dumb marketing gimmicks, and it has had a few interesting moments.

it just doesn't need two cup dates.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I remember when Champ Car ran Vegas and was badly outdrawn by the truck series' support race. :newlol:

gret posted:

Yeah ChampCar's few oval races were pretty sad.

Man I forgot about that.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Hot take

You know NASCAR does this "segment" business as a way to spice up the racing...and Darrell Waltrip indirectly kinda nailed it during this telecast:

"You know Saurez was saying how tough his first 5 huntret miler was last week, and this week he's going to have tackle another one"

Why does any race outside of the old "Winston Million"/No Bull 5 need to be 500 loving miles? I mean IMSA doesn't make every one of it's race weekends 24 hours. IndyCar generally only has 3 500 milers at the most. What's the point in making every weekend a 5 hour endurance test?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Five hours of commercials

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

Five hours of commercials

that's literally the only reason at this point.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is Harvick's race.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just started watching the race. I miss anything good?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Norns posted:

Just started watching the race. I miss anything good?

Depends on how much you like old-fashioned rear end-kickings

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just Harvick stomping the field. Got it!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

12 cars on the lead lap

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I still kinda like the Segment concept. I didn't think I'd say that, but here we are.

It has no impact on affecting the bitchslap Harvick is laying on the field, but I don't hate it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's like they don't want to beat Harvick

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I like the segments a lot better than phantom debris cautions.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The broadcast is hoping for overtime just like the rest of us

edit: RCR forgot to charge their batteries and Austin Dillon just unknowingly cursed on national TV

shyduck fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 6, 2017

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

And we finally have a race

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

An unfortunate pit road penalty for Harvick

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

horns.aiff

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Best race

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So the guy purposing staying in the track with a broke car hosed Harvick lol.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Larson is infuriating

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

dang it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

GOOD JOB KYLE LARSON. :downsbravo:

Elephanthead posted:

So the guy purposing staying in the track with a broke car hosed Harvick lol.

He's the one Harvick criticized for being a legacy and poo poo on RCR over, too.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

shyduck posted:

Larson is infuriating

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

This race sucked

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Larson lmao

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kyle, buddy. You gotta try a little harder than that

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Neodoomium posted:

This race sucked

this was basically every race prior to 2002 and NASCAR trying to cater to idiots with no attention span

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jim Utter says the second LVMS date is all but a done deal next year but it won't necessarily come from an SMI track. Las Vegas' convention bureau is ponying up $2.5M for sponsorship.

That said:

quote:

Sources also said the addition of a fall Las Vegas race to the Cup schedule could also mean the series’ annual awards banquet, which has most recently been held in Las Vegas, could move to Charlotte as early as the 2018 season.

Gee, I wonder who's losing their fall date.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 6, 2017

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

There's too many races at Charlotte already, so whatevs.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I bet another track loses a date, Charlotte loses an oval race but gets a roval date, and Vegas gets two in this deal.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

VikingSkull posted:

I bet another track loses a date, Charlotte loses an oval race but gets a roval date, and Vegas gets two in this deal.

Or make the Coke 600 driving the roval and get a 2nd driver and make it an endurance race. I'm waiting for my check from NASCAR on this idea.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

BMB5150 posted:

Or make the Coke 600 driving the roval and get a 2nd driver and make it an endurance race. I'm waiting for my check from NASCAR on this idea.

they should take your money for that idea :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My money's on Dover losing a date

• Locked thread