Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

The effect is the same though, slowly trundling along and facetanking poo poo, he's just being a less effective version of that.

IIRC, Havel's also has a slightly smaller stamina regen penalty than Black Iron set, which is the main disadvantage of heavy armor and is giving Woolie huge problems since he is somehow still not an expert on shield dropping after all this time.

Woolie has had an almost ideological commitment to a sub-optimal playstyle, but like I said, as long as he keeps making progress, it doesn't really matter.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They're kinda making GBS threads all over Horizon Zero Dawn in that Machinima video. Are they just being hyperbolic, or has public opinion on that game gone down the tubes?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You realize they to that to most games, right

It's a work

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Pat seemed really positive about it on Twitter.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Wiseblood posted:

Pat seemed really positive about it on Twitter.

I don't see why he shouldn't be: HZD and Fallout New Vegas share the same lead writers.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Especially in their Machinma videos. They play up certain things WAY more for those videos than they do for actual LPs where they just act normal.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He said Horizon and Zelda are a difference of scope vs. polish, but I can't tell which is which.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tae posted:

He said Horizon and Zelda are a difference of scope vs. polish, but I can't tell which is which.

Zelda is polish from what I have seen. It's also just more fun in my opinion.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't touched Horizon once I got Zelda and probably won't until I'm done with BOTW.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It honestly is kind of unfair to Horizon. It's a brand new IP and really cool and unique and fun

But then Zelda comes in, smashes the doors down, and whisks you away on a magical journey filled with everything you loved about it and everything you didn't know you wanted from it. Like if your on again off again fling that you really really liked but had a hard time recently came back and just said all the right things and was also in super good shape.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I haven't played Horizon, but it looks like it's a very good wheel but Zelda reinvented and improved the wheel down to its core.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I haven't watched the Hollow Knight video yet. Do they talk about how off the jumping feels in that game?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dexie posted:

I haven't watched the Hollow Knight video yet. Do they talk about how off the jumping feels in that game?

Not explicitly. Also I think woolie's controller is breaking, so.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Burkion posted:

also in super good shape.

Link has very defined "features" in the new zelda

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Burkion posted:

It honestly is kind of unfair to Horizon. It's a brand new IP and really cool and unique and fun

But then Zelda comes in, smashes the doors down, and whisks you away on a magical journey filled with everything you loved about it and everything you didn't know you wanted from it. Like if your on again off again fling that you really really liked but had a hard time recently came back and just said all the right things and was also in super good shape.

Funny, because story wise, I would compare it to HZD to Nier Automata, both features an post-post apocalyptic earth that has various kinds robots running around in the ruins of modern civilizations and female characters that are not regular humans, 2b is an android and Aloy is (spoilers/speculation, because I haven't complete the game yet) may be a clone of some kind ;

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
HZD kinda blind-sided me. I've seen it for ages in the PS4 shop but haven't really bothered to find out what it's about (the splash image on the store reminding me of garbage Destiny didn't help). It looks pretty interesting so I'll probably grab it on a sale someday.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Futaba Anzu posted:

Link has very defined "features" in the new zelda

They seriously made Link prettier than ever in BotW, it's great. :allears:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

All this comparison between Horizon and BotW makes me hate that I've set myself on a game budget.

But, hey, Nier:Automata comes out tomorrow!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yardbomb posted:

The gerudo armor set is straight up a bellydancer outfit.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hollow Knight looks cool in theory but Woolie keeps bringing up controller problems, sooo..

It's a shame because I'm down to visit Bugworld.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Breath of the Wild is basically what I imagined video games were like when I was seven years old.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Deleter posted:

Hollow Knight looks cool in theory but Woolie keeps bringing up controller problems, sooo..

It's a shame because I'm down to visit Bugworld.

For what it's worth, I didn't have any issue like that, so it could've been a fluke. Either way, the dev has started on the post-release patching so it should hopefully be a matter of time until that and the frame skipping are dealt with.

The game is absolutely fantastic, by the way. It's some of the best combat I've seen in a 2D platformer, for one thing. I hope one of the friends plays it enough to tell the others about the rad fight against bug Vergil. I'd recommend buying it if you think it's your thing and just refunding it if you get that same movement sticking issue.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

Breath of the Wild is basically what I imagined video games were like when I was seven years old.

That is the best endorsement I've heard yet for Zelda

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Matt brought up Enslaved (that Ninja Theory game starring Andy Serkis) in relation to HZD. I have to say the platforming is similar, in that it's basically automatic. All you got to do in both of those games is to press a direction and Aloy will platformed for you, not very challenging in that regard.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hollow Knight looked interesting up until the part where the map is a mechanic and not just something on by default.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yardbomb posted:

To be honest his torso to waist lines are straight up hormone replacement level but it's fine because elves are supposed to be feminine, right?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Phantasium posted:

Hollow Knight looked interesting up until the part where the map is a mechanic and not just something on by default.

Yeah then it becomes transcendent

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Futaba Anzu posted:

To be honest his torso to waist lines are straight up hormone replacement level but it's fine because elves are supposed to be feminine, right?

Yeah, I don't wanna be weird but those are some child-bearing hips he's got.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

yeah, it's great

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"They're at the final boss, why is this not FINAL?"

*minutes later*

"Oh, it's one of those videos"

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wanna be weird with that blush he gets in the snowy zones, good god.

If this was the first Zelda game I played as a kid, my life would have turned out VERY differently.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 6, 2017

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

I'm pretty sure several NPC's in the early game have dialogue along the lines of "you are a distractingly pretty young man."

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

"They're at the final boss, why is this not FINAL?"

*minutes later*

"Oh, it's one of those videos"

All worth it for that Billy ending though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Justice Sloth posted:

I wanna be weird with that blush he gets in the snowy zones, good god.

If this was the first Zelda game I played as a kid, my life would have turned out VERY differently.

His shivers if you go into the cold without proper clothes and stuff is absurdly cute.

Oxxidation posted:

I'm pretty sure several NPC's in the early game have dialogue along the lines of "you are a distractingly pretty young man."

A whole bunch of the ladies in the game get flustered over him, take off your shirt and even more get funny about it.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Yardbomb posted:

A whole bunch of the ladies in the game get flustered over him, take off your shirt and even more get funny about it.

Not to mention that side-mission where you infiltrate an all-female Gerudo village by crossdressing as a bellydancer

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, they hate Kyle so much.

I kind of hope they do a 3rd Birthday LP someday.

HGH posted:

All worth it for that Billy ending though.

Billy is the secret MVP of the LP.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I kind of hope they do a 3rd Birthday lp someday.

I don't want the channel to die.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Does anyone else think it was kinda odd how Woolie had to chant 'fat' or 'fatty' every single time he was damaging the False Knight?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

hoobajoo posted:

Does anyone else think it was kinda odd how Woolie had to chant 'fat' or 'fatty' every single time he was damaging the False Knight?

About as weird as Pat saying "Bitch" at everything during his BotW stream.

*Kills a moblin*
"...bitch"
*Makes a jump*
"...bitch"
*successfully manages to use the hang glider and not instantly plummet to his death for like the sixth time on the same section of dungeon*
"...bitch"

heh oh yeah also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpJ-RqjimUc

(Not that Woolies fatty comments were anywhere near as egregious but I think about that poo poo whenever they start looping on something.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

DumbparameciuM posted:

About as weird as Pat saying "Bitch" at everything during his BotW stream.

*Kills a moblin*
"...bitch"
*Makes a jump*
"...bitch"
*successfully manages to use the hang glider and not instantly plummet to his death for like the sixth time on the same section of dungeon*
"...bitch"

heh oh yeah also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpJ-RqjimUc

(Not that Woolies fatty comments were anywhere near as egregious but I think about that poo poo whenever they start looping on something.)

pats most recent thing of saying "big ________" drives me up the wall, but in a good way

big party big crimes