Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

err right, so I think I have the latter

Can't link that to the switch?

You can create a Nintendo Account using your Nintendo ID!

https://accounts.nintendo.com/ should help you cover all the bases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

TVs Ian posted:

Yeah, it would be nice if they rotated the view just a bit to be more like the old top-down view and not the weird 10 degree or whatever angle it's at. It's also a bit hard to drop bombs accurately once you get a few speed power-ups.

I think I might be better off once I get a pro controller though, the stick doesn't feel quite right for this, and the d-buttons are adequate but not great. They're fine for me in Shovel Knight though, so maybe it's just the game.

I haven't tried it with my Pro yet, hopefully it's a little easier. I've only played the first world in SP so far but a bit of the time (esp. with the boss) it felt very random where my bombs were going. I've killed myself way too many times by dumb accidents.

Much like me falling off things in BOTW, although at least that time it was completely my own dumb fault for not paying attention to the stamina bar :v:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Soul Glo posted:

I am loving the Switch. I am Setsuna is scratching some good itches and Zelda is GOTY so far.

Zelda's absolutely GOTY. What's funny is, the Switch will be console of the year, because what's its competition? Project Scorpio? Lol an Xbox.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Takoluka posted:

You can create a Nintendo Account using your Nintendo ID!

https://accounts.nintendo.com/ should help you cover all the bases.

Ah, ok. I can use a new ID though of course, right? then link my Nintendo ID to my new Nintendo account I made on the switch?

I guess it doesn't really matter since it's not like I can transfer saves or really have many purchases etc

Am I a big dumb or is this poo poo confusing to anyone else

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hey bit confused pls help

I have to make a new Nintendo account/ID even if I already have one on my wii-u?

No. Login with email address not id for simplicity. Unless your wiiu profile was never connected to a nintendo id. Logon to mynintendo.com to see if your email it tied to a profile.

You can always change your user name so its easier to do email.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

enojy posted:

Zelda's absolutely GOTY. What's funny is, the Switch will be console of the year, because what's its competition? Project Scorpio? Lol an Xbox.

At last, Nintendo will have the Console of the Year again.

In a half-decade where dedicated consoles are becoming increasingly irrelevant, but still.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I feel like a lot of problems people have with the switch are easily solved with accessories.

I also feel like this was intentional and a way for nintendo to make more money.

I don't have a problem with this because the base system is serviceable as it is.

I personally like the joycons but there not the best. The kickstand is ok but there are already mobile stands that do a better job and charge the system. You NEED a case and arguably a screen protector. A car charger isn't a bad idea to get. The base memory card is 32 gigs but can hold 1 terabyte and on top of the car charger, the system only comes with one charger so unless you unplug it every time you want to take the switch on the go you need a second charger.

Again, I don't have a problem with this because the only people who will spend all that money on this are typically nitpicky and Nintendo is a company and its trying to make money.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Kerning Chameleon posted:

In a half-decade where dedicated consoles are becoming increasingly irrelevant, but still.

Eh? The ps4 is the fastest selling console of all time and is amazing. The console market is exploding in popularity.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They're gonna update Fast RMX with a time attack mode and being able to play on-line with friends

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Drunk Tomato posted:

But it doesn't drain while charging on handheld right?

I mean handheld draws less power, right? Handheld was perfectly fine.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Eh? The ps4 is the fastest selling console of all time and is amazing. The console market is exploding in popularity.

It's true, the PS4 is outpacing all expectations for the console market, but I'm hesitant to call this an indication that the market is doing well. Sony just proved their console is on a level that lets it largely ignore the console market's woes.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Wow, that's good to hear. Are you using an A to C or a straight C cable?

Cable Matters USB Type C (USB-C) to Type A (USB-A) Cable in Black 3.3 Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8GU2OC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_rIoVybHGF6TXX

That one.

Right now I'm riding in a friends car. Using a 24w dual USB port cigarette lighter adapter. He's got a big screen iPhone 6 running a GPS connected to it, and I got switch running Zelda running at normal brightness and airplane mode off and the battery isn't draining at all, and I could probably get a short charge if I do all the power saving measures. Driving during a sunny day with brightness at the Max, might be different though.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 6, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Why not always have Airplane Mode on unless you are downloading a game or playing online?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is coming to Switch.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Might have to change my system of choice now next time the backer email shows up.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Score.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Isn't this Not-Castlevania by one of the original Castlevania devs?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Isn't this Not-Castlevania by one of the original Castlevania devs?

Yurp

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Rirse posted:

Might have to change my system of choice now next time the backer email shows up.
Yup, if I can do that I would be very happy. I've never kickstarted a game before - do they normally let you do that?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Fritzler posted:

Yup, if I can do that I would be very happy. I've never kickstarted a game before - do they normally let you do that?

Fangamer should have given you an email with a link a while after the Kickstarter ended. You can edit your console preferences there although the Switch option is most likely not edited in yet.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

Got my USB-C cable from Amazon today. I connected my switch to my Anker Core 1000, which is a little smaller than a deck of cards and $24. Playing Zelda on normal brightness and Airplane mode not on, its powering the system completely so theres no battery loss. If you turn down the brightness, turn on Airplane Mode, you'll get a slow recharge while playing. If playing a less demanding game, you'll definitely get a faster recharge. Comparing the sizes of both devices batteries, it should give you enough juice to last for another 3 hours, maybe more. I dont see many situations where you're going to be away from a USB port longer than what this will give you.

Apparently the Switch responds well to the Quick Charge standard. I have a anker 20k brick of a mother fucker and charged it pretty quick in sleep mode. Picked up a a USB-c cable (the only one NOT 20 bucks apparently) so i don't have to take my PRO usb-c out.

That charge port is hosed tho for kickstand use :smith:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

okay bois it's time for some switch predictions:

-entire gamecube library
-:MEANING analog (analog master race) triggers
-vectrex games?
-pokemon snap 2, undocked only mode
-switch VR, step out of the way 'vive'
-hello virtual boy console

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2DH-nKBeA

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hey is that racing game as cool as it looks?

Also this is a cool system. It feels really good and the grip controller isn't bad at all

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Consummate Professional posted:

Hey is that racing game as cool as it looks?

Also this is a cool system. It feels really good and the grip controller isn't bad at all

Yes, Fast RMX is basically F-Zero minus the actual title. Announcer even says the game's tracks in a corny F-Zero voice.

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
It's going to take me ages to complete Zelda if I continue playing like I have - currently addicted to climbing the highest peaks and seeing if I can traverse over massive gaps with the glider.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

Brickseek has failed me. Says my Wal-Mart has 9 consoles and the guy in electronics said they haven't had any all day. Every store around me is sold out. Sometimes I hate living in a small town.

They could possibly be on the truck still. When invoices are finalized, the on hands for the items are automatically changed based on what was sent on the according to the DC. The switches could be sitting in boxes underneath loads of apparel.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

littlejoey posted:

It's going to take me ages to complete Zelda if I continue playing like I have - currently addicted to climbing the highest peaks and seeing if I can traverse over massive gaps with the glider.

That's so fun. I don't think I will ever get tired of it.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

littlejoey posted:

Are there actually people out there trying to play this game linearly? Because I'm having fun just trying to hunt using bombs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Are there actually people out there trying to play this game linearly? Because I'm having fun just trying to hunt using bombs.

I got sidequested back into the main quest at one point, Homer-Simpson-rolling-back-into-the-car style. Like, I'm actively just trying to find poo poo to do, and that has been really fun.

EDIT: Also, lawl if you haven't spent an hour just cooking.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 6, 2017

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Well, if you didn't get a Switch by now I guess they're all out forever because I don't have one.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The wifi on this thing sucks, yo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wifi has been fine for me, and I have the worst internet

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I feel like a lot of problems people have with the switch are easily solved with accessories.

I don't have a problem with this because the base system is serviceable as it is.

I'm still hopefull for some kind of switch light - no dock, no detachable joycons, basically just a solid one-piece handheld only model. Unlikely but the 2ds does serve as some kind of precedent here I think.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It is ridiculous how good Zelda is

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ah, ok. I can use a new ID though of course, right? then link my Nintendo ID to my new Nintendo account I made on the switch?

I guess it doesn't really matter since it's not like I can transfer saves or really have many purchases etc

Am I a big dumb or is this poo poo confusing to anyone else

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this poo poo is insane. I've been complaining about it ever since 3DS got Miiverse.

Note that even if you use your old Network ID and link the accounts, if you ever do a password change it will only change on one account type and you'll have two separate logins from then on. It seems like creating a "user ID" on a Nintendo Account also breaks the ability login with a Nintendo Network ID because ???

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this poo poo is insane. I've been complaining about it ever since 3DS got Miiverse.

Note that even if you use your old Network ID and link the accounts, if you ever do a password change it will only change on one account type and you'll have two separate logins from then on. It seems like creating a "user ID" on a Nintendo Account also breaks the ability login with a Nintendo Network ID because ???

Yeah so I ended up just making the nintendo account via email and linking my nintendo ID which doesn't really do anything unless you have funds in the e-store it seems. Still confusing

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tabletop charging solved:
https://twitter.com/spica_esper/status/837708096499691520

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

not sure why it had to go on the bottom

• Locked thread