Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Daily amiiboing seems like it is going to break making food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Flaming weapons make cold resistance completely irrelevant, it turns out. I guess if you only have one and it breaks while you're out there you have to warp out, but it's not like you don't have time to do so. Wonder if there's ice weapons which do the same for fire.

sigmachiev posted:

Also, did the Robin Williams memorial NPC get in the game? Maybe just a character named Robin somewhere or a tip of the hat to a character he played?

Oh drat, that was a subtle nod indeed. I just got who this is.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just beat the 2nd Divine Beast. Camel

Man these bosses will loving straight up one shot you if you're not prepared.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Rime posted:

Can you explain? I'll take a spoiler on it.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

sigmachiev posted:

Can you explain? I'll take a spoiler on it.

It's very obvious when you play the game if you knew such a thing existed, I did not.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I just found a loving Skeleton Horse, I hope to loving god I can keep it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A couple questions about armor:

1) Are there any particularly good sets I should prioritize upgrading?

2) What sorts of items should I be saving for item upgrades? I really want to sell gemstones for rupees but I'm hearing people talking about having to farm for them later for armor upgrades because they sold too many so now I'm worried I'm going to just be poor forever.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

I just found a loving Skeleton Horse, I hope to loving god I can keep it.

you can't

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Come on Nintendo, you know better. That sucks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ebona

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Holy poo poo, I just fought and engsmsploded a miniboss. That was AWESOME. :haw:

Stone Talus doesn't seem terribly hard once you figure out how to stun and fight it. Then again, I was smacking its weakpoint with a 50-power claymore, so...

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe

Rime posted:

You're gonna have to share with the class, because I'm drawing a blank here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

s.i.r.e. posted:

Come on Nintendo, you know better. That sucks.

I would buy the DLC twice over if the "expanded map features" end up including a clandestine underground stable mafia that takes in non-horses for a steep fee.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Holy poo poo, hunting and gathering tip! :aaa:

If you kill a game animal (or at least a heron?) with an Ice Arrow, you get frozen meat that comes with heat resistance. I can't wait to try cooking with it!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ZZT the Fifth posted:

If you kill a game animal (or at least a heron?) with an Ice Arrow, you get frozen meat that comes with heat resistance. I can't wait to try cooking with it!

You can't cook with it, it already counts as being cooked

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ZZT the Fifth posted:

You can't :/ it counts as a Meal, not a Material.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Some rupee making tips. First one is kinda cheating.

http://www.gosunoob.com/zelda-breath-of-wild/rupee-farming-make-money/

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

"Forgotten Temple? That sounds neat, let's go in there."

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Infinity Gaia posted:

"Forgotten Temple? That sounds neat, let's go in there."

:yikes: just has nothing on this gif, I swear.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So the final boss is dead and I have a star on my save file now.

I counted 5 phases. Holy poo poo how am I not dead I was literally down to just a single Royal Guard Bow and a very few Ancient Arrows by the time that fight was done.

I should probably go get the Master Sword now I'm guessing?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The last thing I did today was completely skip the maze at the NE corner of the map by climbing over because gently caress mazes. Did I miss anything besides random chests by doing that?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Rime posted:

It's very obvious when you play the game if you knew such a thing existed, I did not.

Very cool, will have to keep an eye out for it. One if the many little wonderful things in this here game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mr E posted:

The last thing I did today was completely skip the maze at the NE corner of the map by climbing over because gently caress mazes. Did I miss anything besides random chests by doing that?

That island has 2 hats, a bunch of huge elemental swords and shields and some gemstones.

The hats are in the shrine which I assume you got, and when the shrine is beaten a hole opens up in front of it with wind flowing out of it. Drop on in and have a blast!!!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I wish you could lock on to animals

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Harrow posted:

Which one was that? Because I've done at least 16 shrines by now and now I'm paranoid but I don't want to have to go back and check all of them :ohdear:

It's right near the stable outside the Great Forest. It's not hard to miss the hidden path but at first glance it looks like you've looped back to the start of the puzzle. But you haven't!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just watched the memory where the Champions see Calamity Ganon awake and man the Goron Champion's VA is prob the best one in this game. Fitting cause Gorons own.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Moltrey posted:

I just watched the memory where the Champions see Calamity Ganon awake and man the Goron Champion's VA is prob the best one in this game. Fitting cause Gorons own.

Are you saying you don't like Mipha's voice best? How

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Mr E posted:

This doesn't work for the other mazes, btw.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

El Burbo posted:

I wish you could lock on to animals

I wish animals wouldn't despawn when you chase them =_=

Bomb fishing best fishing :getin:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are you saying you don't like Mipha's voice best? How
Well I haven't met her in-game yet and she only had like two lines in that memory.

Meanwhile the Goron is yelling at everyone to get in their robots and beat up a demon big

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ugh guess I should have expected the season pass to be console specific

If anyone wants the Wii-u season pass for $15 bones then holla and shoot me a pm

-edit I'm an idiot was entering code wrong

Suffice is to say the above offer still stands cause I bought another :mad:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 6, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Port Wine Manteau posted:

Can anyone further ahead in the game than me tell me whether or not you can obtain multiple Guardian Sword(s)? I got one from a shrine, then made the mistake of letting my kiddo paraglide from Hateno tower and somehow lost it (I think she threw it). And no autosave data goes back far enough to where it was still in my inventory. I haven't encountered another one yet and am kinda bummed. It was the nicest sword I'd found so far.

The glowy swords? Yes, at least a couple of the shrines has multiple robots that drop one when you kill them. And the robots respawn if you leave and come back. But farming weakness is a really drat dumb thing to do in this game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Oxxidation posted:

Nintendo ... never got the memo on the hand-holding part of the design.

If you really believe this, then you need to play Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So question about Robbie he wants to see the wounds my body had 100 years ago and I can't figure it out

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I just spent three hours trying to beat thunderblight and I die to the third Phase every time.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Zore posted:

So question about Robbie he wants to see the wounds my body had 100 years ago and I can't figure it out

take your clothes off and talk to him

Illithid Activity
Sep 5, 2015

raditts posted:

The glowy swords? Yes, at least a couple of the shrines has multiple robots that drop one when you kill them. And the robots respawn if you leave and come back. But farming weakness is a really drat dumb thing to do in this game.

But I like shiny, glowy things? :ohdear:

Thanks for the tip though! I didn't realize they respawned. :doh:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
P.S. you can respec heart containers/stamina vessels from the shifty statue in Hateno Village, head down from the shrine warp point and take a left from the flagpole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

raditts posted:

If you really believe this, then you need to play Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

In this game, regarding open world games.

Come on, basic reading comprehension.