Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

I just couldn't get into Honma matches at all after all that domestic abuse stuff came out, but I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy :(
I don't know I would wish that fate on the entire GOP right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know I would wish that fate on the entire GOP right now

I believe you'll find that the GOP is anything but an enemy to Jerusalem.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

:golfclap:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

:vince:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Holy poo poo :xd:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm doing a presentation on NJPW at an anime convention next week. I'll be doing a PowerPoint covering 2016 and what will likely happen in 2017. My plan is to have about 45 minutes to show a match (or two). Some matches I have considered:

Goto vs Shibata (WK 11)
Naito vs Tanahashi (WK 11)
Ospreay vs Ricochet (BotSJ)
Omega vs Okada

My issue with the last match is its long. I think having two shorter matches will make it more interesting because you'll get more variety. Any thoughts or other match recommendations?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I'm doing a presentation on NJPW at an anime convention next week. I'll be doing a PowerPoint covering 2016 and what will likely happen in 2017. My plan is to have about 45 minutes to show a match (or two). Some matches I have considered:

Goto vs Shibata (WK 11)
Omega vs Okada

My issue with the last match is its long. I think having two shorter matches will make it more interesting because you'll get more variety. Any thoughts or other match recommendations?

Maybe add a Tiger Mask W match, since there's an anime of him?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Goto vs Shibata (WK 11)
Omega vs Okada

Omega v Naito is shorter, and still frickin amazing. I'm not so sure about a Tiger Mask W match, as Ibushi is great and all but under the mask, all he's really done are opening exhibitions, nothing with any meat on it. Ospreay v Ricochet would be a great way to fill out the time with a longer match, junior matches in general are usually pretty succinct, though you might want to go with something less western wrestler oriented. Maybe something with Hiromu Takahashi, though the Dragon Lee match is very long for a Junior match so you might want to look elsewhere. An Ishii match might be a great choice too, I love anything he does with Goto and Shibata.

It's too bad NJPW doesn't really do big match tags, as you could get more guys into the mix, but they are almost always used for build and resting up guys.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 6, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Eh, if you're doing it after tomorrow, you could add in Okada/Tiger Mask W if it's any good.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
You should definitely show Ricochet/Ospreay.

What about AJ Stlyes/Nakamura from WK10? People might be more interested to see people they're familiar with instead of just random guys. I know when I started getting into puro I always looked for matches with guys I knew like Eddie Guerrero, William Regal, etc.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

Eh, if you're doing it after tomorrow, you could add in Okada/Tiger Mask W if it's any good.

speaking of which, I think it was very cheeky of NJPW's Twitter to announce this as a first time ever match and then tweet to advertise Okada/Ibushi as a free match on NJPW World.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you do Tanahashi vs. Shibata (G1 Climax 24) and Ospreay vs Ricochet (BotSJ) without entrances that's prob 45 minutes

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

mariooncrack posted:

You should definitely show Ricochet/Ospreay.

What about AJ Stlyes/Nakamura from WK10? People might be more interested to see people they're familiar with instead of just random guys. I know when I started getting into puro I always looked for matches with guys I knew like Eddie Guerrero, William Regal, etc.

I showed Nakamura vs Styles last year. I'm trying to stick with matches between WK 10 and WK 11.

EDIT:
Takhashi vs. Dragon Lee / KUSHIDA is the same length as Ricochet vs. Ospreay. Thanks for the ideas!

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 6, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

TenCozy's going to challenge YTR and Ishii for the belts now that GBH obviously can't participate. Honma's replacement for the NJC has not been announced yet.

NJPW 45th Anniversary
March 6th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 GMT
Ota Ward Gym

Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoyuki Oka
CHAOS (Goto, Y-H, Jado, and Gedo) vs Suzuki-gun (MiSu, DBS Jr, Desperado, and TAKA)
Makabe, Nagata, Liger, TMIV, and Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, G.O.D, and Yujiro)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship:RPG Vice(c) vs. Suzuki-gun(Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
British Heavyweight Championship:Katsuyori Shibata(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
IWGP Tag Championship:Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii(c) vs. Ten-Cozy
Tanahashi, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Juice vs. L.I.J(Naito, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
Kazuchika Okada vs. Tiger Mask W

6 hours away!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's a pretty solid card but I don't think I'll be able to watch it live :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/838676083687866368

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Cool & good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh this was good timing, Shibata vs ZSJ just starting :woop:

Edit: And I am very glad Honma isn't paralyzed too!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SUZUKI! :aaa:

SABRE! :aaaaa:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Wondering if ZSJ could be the replacement for Honma in the NJC.....

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/DK1105/status/838710461294120960

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo that main event :stare:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/838737350544891907

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Holy poo poo. That was so drat good. The main event and ZSJ/Shibata are both worth checking out, but that whole show was great. I mean, it stood up well in its own right, but considering WWE put on their worst major show since Wrestlemania 32 last night, that just blew them out of the water. I have absolutely no reason to watch Raw now and every reason to keep watching NJPW. Absolutely incredible.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sabre joining Suzuki-gun is a nice shot in the arm. Hoping for a TAKA/ZSJ team in Jr. /Division/Tourneys.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sabre joining Suzuki-gun is a nice shot in the arm. Hoping for a TAKA/ZSJ team in Jr. /Division/Tourneys.

I posted here a month ago ZSJ is a Heavyweight in New Japan. I don't believe that has changed. So don't count on it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, I'd personally rather see him as a junior but the fact that they put him over a semi-protected heavyweight however dirty it was plus the fact that Suzuki-gun has four juniors already definitely supports that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

send zack to midbreath

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Yeah, I'd personally rather see him as a junior but the fact that they put him over a semi-protected heavyweight however dirty it was plus the fact that Suzuki-gun has four juniors already definitely supports that.

No one was more initially shocked than me.

But I first became aware of Zack as this guy following Devitt around on a trip to Ireland. So I've only ever seen him through the eyes as someone who is following in Devitt's footsteps even just wrestling in Japan. So years on from that point I can't only view this as Zack as reaching his heel Devitt Bullet Club phase of his career. Which means that yeah I see Zack joining WWE in 2-3 years too.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

When LIJ lose the 6-man titles they could always do Sabre/DBS Jr./Archer when he's better.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What was up with Sabre Jr. being listed as a member of Chaos in the opening graphic? It certainly made the ending more surprising for me.

Also, I'm pretty sure that with the exception of that match, Kanemaru has now picked up the victory in every single match that Suzuki-gun has won since they came back. Of the ones shown on NJPW World at least.

rovert posted:

I posted here a month ago ZSJ is a Heavyweight in New Japan. I don't believe that has changed. So don't count on it.

I'm not sure how privy Kevin Kelly is to future plans but he said on commentary something along the lines of "Sabre is stepping up in weight class for this match. He'll be a junior in NJPW."

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

What is ZSJ's billed weight like 160?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Suplex Liberace posted:

What is ZSJ's billed weight like 160?

No really. He gets ribbed about this a lot. But he's starting to put some more weight on, so maybe expect him to get bigger in the near future.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Just caught up and... wow, that Okada/Tiger Mask W match was great. I didn't expect them to go that hard. Wonder how Tiger Mask IV feels about having a significantly better "Tiger Mask" show him up after, what, two matches?

Shibata/ZSJ was also great, just because it was a style I haven't seen in NJPW a lot. And Kamaitachi/Taguchi was much better than I was expecting.

All around awesome show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

No really. He gets ribbed about this a lot. But he's starting to put some more weight on, so maybe expect him to get bigger in the near future.

I somewhat in jest tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/836522983279771648

For this New Japan run he has been strongly advised to work on his facial expressions.

rovert fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 6, 2017

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

rovert posted:

I somewhat i jest tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/836522983279771648

For this New Japan run he has been strongly advised to work on his facial expressions.

That's extremely good advice and was one of his worst qualities as a wrestler so I hope he listens.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This month is a very expensive month for Wrestling fans so this is a heads up budgeting wise the New Japan LA shows are set to go on sale very early April.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Needs More Jazz posted:

Wonder how Tiger Mask IV feels about having a significantly better "Tiger Mask" show him up after, what, two matches?

To be fair, most people who are told,"You know, Kota Ibushi is way better than you" would reply,"Well that sounds accurate."

Kazuchika Okada, of course, is not most people :smug:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I mean, I don't think it would be that great, but I do kinda wanna see IV vs W.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

What was his weight in the CWC? Weren't the weigh-ins legit?

• Locked thread