Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Digital Jesus posted:

Just started playing this game, got a 5* Focus on my first pull, that seems good? It's Sanaki. I have no real idea what's going on this game so far but it seems cool.

She is not insanely good but it doesn't super matter. You'll get other good units as you advance. That said, if you have the gumption you can also go reroll until you get one of the Truly Raw Motherfuckers instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I'm just loving around with it at my desk at work at the moment, so I could probably do that. Who should I look for?

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
https://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List

Any of the guys in the S+ or S category are very badass

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks! Still working my way through the thread, from page 1... so it'll be a while before I catch up on everything :)

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Am i doing it wrong or does rerolling really require uninstall/reinstall/re-update of the game?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

If you're on a rooted device/emulator then you can just delete the account xml and restart without having to download anything.

On android its:
data\data\com.nintendo.zaba\shared_prefs\deviceAccount.xml

If your phone isnt rooted then you might want to try rerolling on an emulator like Nox, because it makes it hugely faster.

Now isn't really the best time for rerolling though, because none of the focus heroes on the current banner are really outstanding.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Well poo poo. I already wiped out my 5* focus and four 4*s that I originally got. Replaced them with a batch of five 3*... Guess I'm on this roundabout for a little while now.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This is why you should never listen to people who advise rerolling until you get The Best Team on the first pull

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Lesson learned. I've rerolled about 5 times now and just got 5 freaking reds haha

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Since switching the order of my defense team leader from Robin to Lucina I've been getting wayyy more victories. The team is Lucina/YTiki/Robin/Takumi. I thought Robin would be pretty good bait; maybe Tiki would be even better to tempt people with the promise of an easy Falchion kill? I wish I had a Linde, or that Hector wasn't total garbage on defense.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fairlight posted:

Since switching the order of my defense team leader from Robin to Lucina I've been getting wayyy more victories. The team is Lucina/YTiki/Robin/Takumi. I thought Robin would be pretty good bait; maybe Tiki would be even better to tempt people with the promise of an easy Falchion kill? I wish I had a Linde, or that Hector wasn't total garbage on defense.

Blue is the hardest color for people to deal with in the arena thanks to the abundance of sword lords and the low number of good green units so having a good blue unit as a leader discourages people from picking you.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
My only good 5* so far is loving Nowi. The others are Sheena, Seliph, Sanaki, Cordelia, Est, Eirika, and Sakura. I've gotten more use out of 4* Wrys, Ceclia, and Sofia than most of them, too. Also, Ask Me About Still Not Having a Blue Tome User.

If I actually cared about trying to be good at this game after a month, I might be a bit peeved by now.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 6, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kerning Chameleon posted:

My only good 5* so far is loving Nowi. The others are Sheena, Seliph, Sanaki, Cordelia, Est, Eirika, and Sakura. I've gotten more use out of 4* Wrys, Ceclia, and Sofia than most of them, too. Also, Ask Me About Still Not Having a Blue Tome User.

If I actually cared about trying to be good at this game after a month, I might be a bit peeved by now.

Cordelia, Sanaki and Eirika are good though?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what does the new patch do?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Tired Moritz posted:

Judging by the new news item "addressing improper use", patch exploits.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
My 5* Klein is level 37 and still needs like 70 SP to get his last skill. He should be able to get that much SP before hitting 40, right?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You get like 24 SP per level at 30+, so yes? Although even if he didn't you still get 3 SP per kill at level 40.

Edit: Is it just me, or did they upgrade the daily free characters to 3* at some point? I can't even do the mission again so I guess I'm stuck with the 2* versions?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 6, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It occurred to me today that being F2P is going to become INCREDIBLY painful when the app release bonus ends

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Clawtopsy posted:

It occurred to me today that being F2P is going to become INCREDIBLY painful when the app release bonus ends

It's staying indefinitely. I can see them reducing it to 1 orb/day eventually though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

I wanted a better score than my 4450s so I just sorted by rating and let it rip. That's a -atk Camilla too.

Just need a better green pull at this rate. I'm not a big Robin fan either. Need Linde I guess.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

acumen posted:

It's staying indefinitely. I can see them reducing it to 1 orb/day eventually though.

It ends along with March. It's the training tower and skill equip costs that stick forever.

Tired Moritz posted:

Gives a red highlight in the battle preview if the unit is gonna die in the process.
Fixes the text for Physic.
Probably some other things, but it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I will say this about Seliph, He is the only Sword lord that has ever survived being attacked by my Abel.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Clear 7:5 on Lunatic using only Armor Allies. All Allies must survive.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

This will be Super Easy with my 0 Armor units :v:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Forgot you have to beat all of the monthly quests to unlock higher difficulties of those quests (in pursuit of those missions that reward orbs)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

You forget the "best" part.

It has to be a full team of four. No bringing in one sweeper and brute forcing it with resurrection orbs.

Yeah.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Those difficult lunatic quests only give you shards anyway so just don't do them. It's not like you need another 2500 shards.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Another day, another Est.

Got her at 4*+4 already, limited only by blue badges.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

getting pluses on anything less than a 5* seems like a waste of feathers

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Clawtopsy posted:

I've got lots of feathers and no useful units that really benefit from promotion to 5*.

Est is so niche that she might be useful for events down the line (flying anti-armour... maybe if I get Hinoka and other flying buffers) but 4*+5 for 1/4 of the cost of 5* is fine by me.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

sassassin posted:

I've got lots of feathers and no useful units that really benefit from promotion to 5*.
Anna and Sharena, yo.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

Let's say you have multiples of 4* Effie. Would you rather go through the extremely painful approach of making them all 5* (when you could use those feathers on other characters so you can get a more balanced 5* party) or making one of those 4* really good whilst they are 4*?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'll just make one of them a 5* and sell the rest of them to feathertown.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Or hold onto Effie for Wary Fighter when skill inheritance gets here.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Stephen9001 posted:

Let's say you have multiples of 4* Effie. Would you rather go through the extremely painful approach of making them all 5* (when you could use those feathers on other characters so you can get a more balanced 5* party) or making one of those 4* really good whilst they are 4*?

i would rather make the best one 5*, then hold on to the other effies in case some sort of 'rank up' ticket is added, because effie deserves to be as strong as possible to bench-press my heart

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

Anna and Sharena, yo.

I have Ephraim (and a glut of spears in general) so Sharena is pointless.

Anna runs the rng that has given me all these Ests so I'm shunning her.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

Or hold onto Effie for Wary Fighter when skill inheritance gets here.

Death Blow is also good.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Death Blow is good, but Wary Fighter is a whole new level. It completely nullifies speed as a stat.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What would the ultimate DEATHFFIE be? Fury, Wary Fighter, Noontime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Clawtopsy posted:

Death Blow is good, but Wary Fighter is a whole new level. It completely nullifies speed as a stat.

Just saying if you've got multiple Effies going spare (and units with free A slots) then unlike Est she's a valuable commodity.

Scratch what I said about not having units worth promoting, just spent my last orbs and got 5* Abel and... 4* Abel with -hp +atk.