Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

god I hate this loving junkyard group who act like they forgot how sentences are formed

the fumes from the junkyard waste got to them. totally broke their brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Jadis talks like Trump tweets.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

The Berzerker posted:

god I hate this loving junkyard group who act like they forgot how sentences are formed

Take this poster to the Up-up

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Maybe they're all autistic. Like they were from an autist support group that took shelter in the junkyard. :shrug:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
What's this about a cat?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Astroman posted:

Maybe they're all autistic. Like they were from an autist support group that took shelter in the junkyard. :shrug:

Well, Lowtax has to do something when the ad revenue dries up

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

some guy on the bus posted:

What's this about a cat?

At the end of the episode that introduced Trashkru Rick took a scrap-metal cat statue from the junkyard and gave it to Michonne

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I'm Chris Hardwick, these are my stupid loving glasses, and welcome to The Talking Dead.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Take this poster to the Up-up

Beautiful.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

At the end of the episode that introduced Trashkru Rick took a scrap-metal cat statue from the junkyard and gave it to Michonne

One question the show hasn't answered--is Trashkru more powerful than Ice Nation?

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Astroman posted:

One question the show hasn't answered--is Trashkru more powerful than Ice Nation?

Negan: The Last Back Bender

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Haha I couldn't remember where I'd seen the whole "walker firing a gun caught on something" before, and they just said it was a first for the show...which means I saw it on Z Nation!

Once again...Z NATION DID IT!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Astroman posted:

Haha I couldn't remember where I'd seen the whole "walker firing a gun caught on something" before, and they just said it was a first for the show...which means I saw it on Z Nation!

Once again...Z NATION DID IT!

At first I thought maybe they were going to slowly reintroduce the idea that the zombies can do things, and that he was randomly firing the weapon at the activity going on. But then the show decided to continue being the Walking Dead. This episode was still leagues better than what had been going on this season though.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Take this entire show to the Up-Up.

Serious question though - has there been any official explanation as to why the garbage people speak like that? It's infuriating.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That deer looked comically bad. I guess they've decided good FX are too expensive now.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Kelly posted:

Take this entire show to the Up-Up.

Serious question though - has there been any official explanation as to why the garbage people speak like that? It's infuriating.

No, no explanation at all. I'm kinda hoping maybe the head chick is a caregiver of some type and most of those people were patients and she managed to get them to safety and that language is just some weird form of keeping them all calm. Then again, she just armed them. Haha

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
It all went into the tiger budget.

Deer are the most easily frightened animal in existence and it's just hanging out in the middle of a pack of zombies.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Trashkru is seriously a new low point for this show, with the deer CGI and the van stunt close behind.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Did Judith just grow 6 months in 5 weeks?

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah. At least Ezekiel admitted that he knew he was playing a comic book character.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Rick's actually dead. That's just a guy that looks like Rick who had been hiding in that box for a while now.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Rosita is the worst character.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Is the term MRE copyrighted by the Department of Defense or something? It seems kinda dumb that the packages call them Ready To Eat meals

If it said MRE then you'd have people like me wondering what it stood for.

Those bags all looked a bit puffy though. I thought they'd be vacuum sealed. I hope it means they now all have e coli and die because episode was dumb.

:v: 10
:downs: 5
:downs: 6
:downs: 9
:v: 20?
:downs: … ok deal

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 6, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
The ones I've seen look similar to that with a freeze dried brick inside.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Everyone being upset over the weakest facial scar ever, might take the cake.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The gently caress was the plan here? The car that has had it's door open for 5 years would obviously have a dead battery.

The tires would have deflated and rotted out years ago.

You sure you want to go down this path?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
It was a fuckin and shootin' match - I guess the carnival tent was not the best platform

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The main characters in this show are such.......... bunglers.

Just constantly loving up from disaster to disaster and yet somehow surviving it all.

Steve Shultz
Jul 6, 2007
The ELIJAH LIST, spamming your inbox for the lord.
ok Three points:

1. #CGIdeer holy jesus what the gently caress was that. it was like a deer somehow in hologram form. Come on if you cant make it not look like an apparition make it any other thing.

2. I was really hoping Rick got eaten out of nowhere because that would actually set this show on an interesting path for the first time in ages.

3. How that gently caress was I expected to remember there was a junk cat like two episodes ago when there was a fantastic one about Eugene in between?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
This episode was... eh, I dunno... casual? War is coming and episodes should have more urgency and weight behind them. Reducing Negan's screentime plays to that well. He's almost like Jaws now. A great monstrous threat somewhere out there, lurking, and it must be confronted.

I liked when Rick sniffed the spent bullet casing. I enjoy it when he brings police/detective work to the zombie apocalypse.

That CGI deer was so laughably awful, but Michonne cut off a lot of heads and each looked seamless and real.

The Heapsters are weird. They really need a scene like Ezekiel's talk with Carol. A humanizing admission of how one is managing in the new world.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

All of the scenes with Tara were copy-and-pasted from the episode before this one. Big moral dilemma, Rosita's angry about having no guns, we get it. They should have axed all of the non-Richonne scenes except for Rosita's dart gun scene and the scene with Rosita and Sasha.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

ProperCoochie posted:

This episode was... eh, I dunno... casual?

I think "extremely dull" is a better description. Seriously, they could have cut out 25 minutes of them dicking around in that place and just cut to them bringing the guns back and it would have been fine. Actually on second thought they could have just cut the entire episode and have Rick show up at the beginning with his haul of poo poo and then actually do something.

Rick should have gotten eaten for being such a moron trying to get the deer in the middle of a mission. I get being confident considering what they've been through, but it gets annoying when they never get punished when they cross the line into cocky like that. It's like the show is waving their bullshit plot armor dick in our faces.

Probably the only thing I will remember from this episode is the awful deer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The more they stray away from the comic book line the worse this show gets. Not saying the comic storyline was good but it sure as poo poo was better than this.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The show has the same relationship with filler as an anime, in that it adds a lot more of it a few seasons in once it has a lock on a fanbase with timesink fallacy and it's headed too close to catching up with its source material. The perfect time for filler would be after the whole Saviors thing, so the writers actually have to write their own beginning, middle, and end to their own arc instead of just stretching out an existing one like taffy.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Rick should have gotten eaten for being such a moron trying to get the deer in the middle of a mission. I get being confident considering what they've been through, but it gets annoying when they never get punished when they cross the line into cocky like that. It's like the show is waving their bullshit plot armor dick in our faces.

I thought when he took that dive off the ferris wheel he was going to break an arm or a leg or something, which would have provided (forced but at least heightened) tension for that set piece, and been way less cringeworthy than another main character death fakeout. Then they could have used that to write some REALLY good scenes where Rick has to explain to Negan why his leg is broken, which could raise the sense of urgency in getting things going there.... but nah. Show is just dumb as always.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I think that Rick's death scare was meant to show that Michonne fell apart and was going to let herself get taken too. BUT THEN, if you recall her kid died at the beginning of the outbreak and I hate to get all mom on you folks but my kid getting eaten by zombies or whatever (actually, maybe her kid got sick?) is a lot more upsetting then some dude I'm loving getting killed.

So it kind of doesn't make sense when you know her history. I'd believe that about someone else on the show, but not her.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 6, 2017

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
So the junkyard people have already devolved into talking like Fallout tribals after what, 2 years?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Doppelganger posted:

So the junkyard people have already devolved into talking like Fallout tribals after what, 2 years?

Until we saw Judith this episode, I thought that this season was taking place over only couple weeks. Now I'm not so sure. Judith looks like she is ready for pre-school.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Or maybe one of the actors couldn't find a sitter and they just said "eh bring her we'll make it work." I've probably already put more thought into this than the people making this lovely show.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Kelly posted:

I think that Rick's death scare was meant to show that Michonne fell apart and was going to let herself get taken too. BUT THEN, if you recall her kid died at the beginning of the outbreak and I hate to get all mom on you folks but my kid getting eaten by zombies or whatever (actually, maybe her kid got sick?) is a lot more upsetting then some dude I'm loving getting killed.

So it kind of doesn't make sense when you know her history. I'd believe that about someone else on the show, but not her.

Yeah, but she's also on this weird immortality infatuation with she and Rick as a couple. "We're the ones who make it." Or whatever the quote was after the polite chauffeur zombies wanted a tip.

People who convince themselves they can't lose or are protected can get a boost in effectiveness or mindset. We see she's relying on that now, and if/when it comes crashing down (cause Rick gets ate) - it's going to be a hard breaking point for her.

Someone already made the dumpster joke comparison - but that's exactly what Rick's scene was a throwback to. Do I believe they would actually kill Rick off like they did to Glenn, then let Michonne take on the leadership role of a multi-city alliance? I'm doubtful - but - I'd watch that season.

There's not much left to ramp up character deaths but to go after Rick or Michonne at this point. Maybe Daryl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I wouldn't mind Daryl dying because he's a pretty useless character at this point. He used to be a master hunter/tracker and survivalist, so he had a lot of use. But now everybody is a master hunter/tracker, and they live in walled cities. His identity right now is just "guy with plot armor."