Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

The good thing about modern mma is that every non wmma fight is good

For instance check out these fights

Vitor Belfort vs Kelvin Gastelum
Shogun Rua vs Gian Villante
Josh Burkman vs Michael Prazeres

I finally watched Gastelum murder Tim Kennedy. That was incredibly satisfying. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Chichevache posted:

I finally watched Gastelum murder Tim Kennedy. That was incredibly satisfying. :allears:

Good loving fight too. I'll miss Tim. Such a good guy to root against. Hopefully his social media continues to be entertaining.

If gastellum gets past vitor, will Dana let him back to ww? Would he even go back being so close to the top at mw? He's such an amazing fighter. I can't hate that fat idiot.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

Good loving fight too. I'll miss Tim. Such a good guy to root against. Hopefully his social media continues to be entertaining.

If gastellum gets past vitor, will Dana let him back to ww? Would he even go back being so close to the top at mw? He's such an amazing fighter. I can't hate that fat idiot.

My favourite thing about Gastelum is how he embraces his fatness. He doesn't blame nutritionists, training camps or anything like that. He basically just says he struggles with weight cuts because he likes food.

This is a fighter I can relate too

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Looking forward to charting the career of the ever expanding K Gastelum, from Welter to heavyweight. Gonna be great.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Thrifting Day! posted:

Watching back the Teymur/Vannata fight and aside from the fact it's entertaining as hell, the chemistry between Rogan and Cruz is amazing.

Anik tries to get in on it in between R2 and 3 when Rogan and Cruz are giggling about Joe being bald and sweaty.

Anik: "Vannata is pulling off the bald look..."

He kills it stone dead and there's like a 10 second silence after the comment

Get the hell rid of Anik

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

If gastellum gets past vitor, will Dana let him back to ww?

u mean like, in a stairwell or cramped corridor?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Get the hell rid of Anik

You need to have the straight man to read all the promos though. I actually like the 3 man flow with Joe + Fighter talking about the fight and Anik doing company man stuff.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
But then they should have kept Joes Best Friend instead

why do anik

anik is so NOTHING

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Zzulu posted:

But then they should have kept Joes Best Friend instead

why do anik

anik is so NOTHING

If Anik is nothing he should be easy to tune out while he reads the company lines. But on the other hand no one is going to hype corn nuts like Goldie did.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bring back Goldie. He'd be perfect not having to talk to Joe about fights and just occasionally dropping a dick pills sponsorship or whatever,

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bring back Goldie because he was a good commentator and he's my friend.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Also Woodley, who is completely capable of coming off as likable and human in interviews, teaches a lesson in how to be hated.

https://streamable.com/aa618

"Why you gotta be so mean, man?"

It boggles my mind that Woodley could rewatch this and still complain that the fans don't like him.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Could be because the other guy did even less than he did the whole fight and yet many fans are exclusively chanting "gently caress Woodley"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Could be because the other guy did even less than he did the whole fight and yet many fans are exclusively chanting "gently caress Woodley"

It is even more egregious for Thompson because the only way he was going to win was with volume and he did as little as possible the whole fight.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

The way he cracked up at Wonderboy's "why you gotta be so mean" was pretty funny and endearing to me.

What kills me about Tyron is that I bet there's actually a cool chill dude hiding in there that people might like, but he keeps trying to do this "I'm the greatest welterweight in the world" persona and it comes off as so forced.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Both guys sucked poo poo but Thompson doesn't constantly complain about people not liking him and then puts on performances like that

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

threeagainstfour posted:

The way he cracked up at Wonderboy's "why you gotta be so mean" was pretty funny and endearing to me.

What kills me about Tyron is that I bet there's actually a cool chill dude hiding in there that people might like, but he keeps trying to do this "I'm the greatest welterweight in the world" persona and it comes off as so forced.

Tyron seems like he hates every bit of the business he's in; that he just wants to be doing something else completely different. I think that is fine. I want him to go do something else too.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

henkman posted:

Both guys sucked poo poo but Thompson doesn't constantly complain about people not liking him and then puts on performances like that

yeah

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Woodley is cool and has shark eyes, which he hides using 90s grandma glasses.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I thought Wonderboy was a Serra/Longo guy but I didn't see them in his corner. I'm also a week or two behind on the Serra-Cast. Can someone help me out?

Matt Serra takes TRT and loves to gently caress his wife. Raging Al's cashing those commission checks from Raging Al's Realty. Serra said, "we're goin to Nashville." So, fingers crossed tickets aren't too expensive.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Could any big podheads give me a rundown on which podcasters do and dont love to gently caress their wives.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
JDS does NOT

Matt Hammill is complicated

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The Matt "The Hammer" Hamill Pod Cast

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

The Matt "The Hammer" Hamill Pod Cast

lol

I'd listen to that

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bubba Smith posted:

lol

I'd listen to that

The Hammer wouldn't.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommonShore posted:

The Hammer wouldn't.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

The real biggest upset of 2017 thus far is Tim Kennedy inexplicably tweeting in favor of trans inclusion in the Boy Scouts and yelling at his followers for being bad Christians for disagreeing.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Well, Matt Serra's the only one who talks about loving his wife. And making GBS threads. Frank Mir's not allowed to gently caress his wife, Bryan Callen talks about loving everyone but his wife, and Ariel has children so maybe?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I really do like ufc unfiltered, but they talk about making GBS threads too much and sniffing each other's farts.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:staredog: Is there a story about Matt Hamill that I haven't heard?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

edit: wrong thread

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FishBowlRobot posted:

Well, Matt Serra's the only one who talks about loving his wife. And making GBS threads. Frank Mir's not allowed to gently caress his wife, Bryan Callen talks about loving everyone but his wife, and Ariel has children so maybe?

Serra talks about jerking off in Dana's guest house and getting caught by Din Thomas too

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

CarlCX posted:

The real biggest upset of 2017 thus far is Tim Kennedy inexplicably tweeting in favor of trans inclusion in the Boy Scouts and yelling at his followers for being bad Christians for disagreeing.

That's actually pretty cool and completely changes my view of Kennedy.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Chichevache posted:

That's actually pretty cool and completely changes my view of Kennedy.

Maybe consider his entire body of work as well

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Novum posted:

Maybe consider his entire body of work as well

But he looks like a douche.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I dunno if he's announced it yet but Jake Ellenberger is fighting Platinum Mike in Nashville in April

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JaySB posted:

I dunno if he's announced it yet but Jake Ellenberger is fighting Platinum Mike in Nashville in April

*flexes and yells with cherub like voice

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

JaySB posted:

Didn't he just lose to a male model? Cool falling up. Also Jake should kill him.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I like Ellenberger but Jesus I was hoping the card would get a bigger shot in the arm than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

Didn't he just lose to a male model? Cool falling up. Also Jake should kill him.

I *think* it's a win-win for the UFC because I think they get to cut the loser. Obv hoping Jake murders him, we were talking and stylistically it's a great fight for him.

• Locked thread