Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

what are you even talking about bahahHa

I'm sorry you get triggered by forum posts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm sorry you get triggered by forum posts.

Triggered lmfao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

boviscopophobic posted:

A wild completionist #6 appears! It's super effective!

Nice graph bitch. Get hanged

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Pretty hosed up to wish death upon a fellow human. Arf, can you cover this one, you've got the template down and all.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i'm the guy wearing a sweater and gloves in los angeles

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

wait no i'm the chryssalid figurine

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

Umm, they're gamer gloves.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sillybones posted:

When is reddit going to ban that stupid forum.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ahahaha

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Here is how funny that claim is--all the links to that stuff have already been posted, in Reddit, in that sub--AND they are still there.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Post-CitizenCon

Now

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

SirPenguin posted:

In that same timespan (14 days), CIG has raised over $1.5mil

Any conclusion based on this is depressing, right? Either it's yet more proof that the funding tracker is bullshit, or it's yet more proof that people are pledging thousands and thousands for a game they aren't actually playing
The faithful realized long ago--the minute they stop pledging is when the dreams come crashing down.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"Why can't you have a civil conversation?"

"I have. Several times in the past."

:laffo:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
There have been multiple times in the past i wasn't an rear end in a top hat to someone. I'm through.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

HycoCam posted:

The faithful realized long ago--the minute they stop pledging is when the dreams come crashing down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kX8lqXAONg

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ash1138 posted:

What makes you think the photo was taken this year?

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I just wanted to let you know that "huge milestone" still irritates me.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

With the launch of ME:A, no way we will see anything SQ42 gameplay-related for the next 4 months or so.

Also i dont think the next operation outlined in the platinum section will really work, citizens are too stupid to spot it.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I just wanted to let you know that "huge milestone" still irritates me.

I use a mental look up table and transpose "milestone" with "millstone". Works great.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

AutismVaccine posted:

With the launch of ME:A, no way we will see anything SQ42 gameplay-related for the next 4 months or so.

Also i dont think the next operation outlined in the platinum section will really work, citizens are too stupid to spot it.

They tend to release video of something in response to whatever their competitors release that actual feature into the real world in a real game. I wouldn't be surprised by a short mocapped cutscene coming out around ME:A to give cultists something to go wild about. It will also be far worse than anything we can imagine.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ScarletCatalie/status/838690530183770113

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AlmightyPants posted:

They tend to release video of something in response to whatever their competitors release that actual feature into the real world in a real game. I wouldn't be surprised by a short mocapped cutscene coming out around ME:A to give cultists something to go wild about. It will also be far worse than anything we can imagine.

They'll suddenly find that exploration is the new procedural generation and will start to dump example after example culminating in a big "gameplay" reveal at Gamescom.

SQ42 will not be mentioned.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNJ5WFM1ppw

Fidelity

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
But does it have pointlessly elaborate missile loading animations like Clown Robbers' masterwork epic?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

A multi-thousand-dollar-pledged Star Citizen offers their opinion...

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
And immediately after that post bashing E:D he was in /r/starcitizen defending the golf swing "scan" mechanic.

Commandos are the best.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Experimental Skin posted:

I use a mental look up table and transpose "milestone" with "millstone". Works great.

Hmmmm I did the same thing, surprisingly enough. Except mine was with "kidney stone"......

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Quavers posted:

A multi-thousand-dollar-pledged Star Citizen offers their opinion...

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/5xr1yd/day_one_details_type9_fdl_dbsdbx_imperial_ships/dekj4ul/

:allears:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen 2.6.1 was released on February 18th, so conservatively 14 days ago. Only 5 players have more than 28 hours played of Last Man, and no player has more than 28 hours played of Elimination. Only 43 players have played more than 14 hours of either game mode.

Star Marine is dead.

As suspected and predicted. Just another stunt release of a piece of code to fuel cultist zeal, a reskin of basic Cryengine fps. The code will probably be impossible to use further down the line and the place will soon to be left empty like the social module (Why go there when you Spectrum ? Either place are bald saussages fest anyway) or Arena Commander (2 maps after 2 years ? How fun.)

CIG is burning money so it can get more money to burn, meanwhile clamoring the have no marketing budget.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

They have him mo capping as an alien in addition to his human role?

I mean sure why not.
Pay some stuntman to do some action shots, or you can just pay 10 times that much and get Mark loving Hamil to do it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lladre posted:

They have him mo capping as an alien in addition to his human role?

I mean sure why not.
Pay some stuntman to do some action shots, or you can just pay 10 times that much and get Mark loving Hamil to do it.

I brought that up and was told by citizens that you can't do that because Mark Hamil's head is attached to his body, therefore you need Mark Hamil to do the body motion capture :psyduck:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Wasn't this officially abandoned?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ayyyup.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I believe the damage states got entirely reworked; because Chris wasn't happy with both wings breaking the exact same way.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Decrepus posted:

Wasn't this officially abandoned?

Still cant snipe the pilot in his cockpit, tough luck.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Holy poo poo I didn't know that's what those flaps on the iClipper did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Seriously, all miles are of about equal size. What's the point of making one milestone much huger than the others? If you're marking out a crossroads, you do that with sign poles, not with milestones. Also you're not gonna use a milestone to mark the last mile until some big important city, because distance between cities isn't quantified that way - the single point of a milestone is to mark out the distance to the milestone before it. Even if the mile itself (which one, the mile before or after the stone? And which is which?) is a very important one, you'd be better off doing some other monument instead of just going "well we were about to put this milestone here anyway let's jazz it up :effort:"

Now if you were wandering in circles but wanted it to look like you were progressing towards something, then building bigger milestones at the same location and documenting your "journey" between around it might make sense.

Happily, nobody's stupid enough to fall for that trick.