Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

fbsw posted:

please kill this dumb series thanks

Andromeda: Hold my drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You don't need a modifier for that, it's included from the start.

This is going to be super distracting. Even more so since they've seemed to ease up on the dialog face cam position. We're going to have a whole lot of baby body Ryder in our futures.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Alan Is More Upset posted:

This is going to be super distracting. Even more so since they've seemed to ease up on the dialog face cam position. We're going to have a whole lot of baby body Ryder in our futures.

He looks fine in the videos though?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Torrannor posted:

He looks fine in the videos though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dyaxyzc7QU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
haha that Asari's face

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Haledjian posted:

I want Big Head Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDanX-beShQ

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

We've commented before that lighting is very important to how these characters look. This, for example, is the latest pic of Cora:

Bioware insists they have done nothing to update and edit her model--it is entirely the lighting, animation, etc that make her seem any different than, say:

where the way the light hits her faces heavily emphasizes the cheeks, mouth and eyes in a way that ages her immediately. The second pic was also our first introduction to her, so that initial impression was of someone approaching late 30s early 40s and trying to stay hip with a 20 something haircut.

Frankly, it seems like if Bioware wanted to sidestep all these issues, they should have just left the humans at home and made the game about the interesting species.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The uncanny death-stare in that second picture isn't helping either.

Based on stuff like that and the awful cosplay refs, it seems like a lot of the marketing was done by just loading up the basic character models and mashing the print screen button.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Cora's been working on her cat eye, apparently.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

EA having a bad marketing team??? i can't believe it

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Skippy McPants posted:

Based on stuff like that and the awful cosplay refs, it seems like a lot of the marketing was done by just loading up the basic character models and mashing the print screen button.

On the whole, I'd rather they rushed the marketing than the ending.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Skippy McPants posted:

The uncanny death-stare in that second picture isn't helping either.

In regards to cosplaying Blizzard was pretty successful with that model when it came to Overwatch. But then again Overwatch was a much more varied style of costumes and a more cartoony style of art.

marshmallow creep posted:

We've commented before that lighting is very important to how these characters look. This, for example, is the latest pic of Cora:

someone approaching late 30s early 40s and trying to stay hip with a 20 something haircut.

Somewhere on this thread's death spiral hating on that hair style occupies a nice chunk of graph paper.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You don't need a modifier for that, it's included from the start.

Art director: yo gimme the Peter Dinklage body proportions
3D modeler: I got you fam

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Trast posted:

Somewhere on this thread's death spiral hating on that hair style occupies a nice chunk of graph paper.

What the hell is people's problem with undercuts? Do they not understand that styles change over time?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I think that the slightly stylized look may be the one to blame here, no? Like someone else said before, some characters like male Ryder look like they come from a Dreamworks production. It isn't realistic enough to go "gee they should really have worked more on that aspect" but just so to put these uncanny reactions.

And that Cora comparison yeah, it doesn't make any favors to them lol

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Skippy McPants posted:

What the hell is people's problem with undercuts? Do they not understand that styles change over time?

Nerds actually have to endure the sun to enter society.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

A bad haircut doesn't suddenly start looking good to me just because it's become a fad.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
She looks like she wants to talk to your manager and is from Atlanta.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Leaked single player shot ft. Baby Bod Ryder:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Id bang her.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

He just has to learn to work with Regular Bod Ryder. It's a story about friendship, friendship between regular bod and baby bod type persons.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

is Sera regular legs?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kurieg posted:

is Sera regular legs?

Cora, probably. Initially hostile, learn to co-operate, leads to sexual tension, etc., etc.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
people giving out about undercuts realise that society stopped thinking u were cool since 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Cora, probably. Initially hostile, learn to co-operate, leads to sexual tension, etc., etc.

how come Bioware never fully goes beyond this poo poo

On the top of my head: Aribeth from NWN, Miranda, Jack, Cassandra, Morrigan, Bastila, Ashley, Isabella, Samara...

...Counterpart is the "fawns all over yourself", which again, from the top of my head: Aribeth (again), Liara, Leliana, Tali, Kelly Chambers (the psychologist from ME2), Morinth (possible subversion though), etc

The most well adjusted are Chakwas, Josephine and Vivienne, so I guess they are going in the right direction after all these years?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Reminds me more of Woody from Toy Story.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

epenthesis posted:

On the whole, I'd rather they rushed the marketing than the ending.

With the QA we've seen in the opening moments of Andromeda I wouldn't be surprised if the ending cinematic was just the base character models hopping up and down over recorded dialogue.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Transmetropolitan posted:

how come Bioware never fully goes beyond this poo poo

Because it's not just Bioware. That basic formula makes up the vast majority of cross gender relationships in all of fiction.

Buddy-cop films tend follow a very similar arc, but they end with mutual respect instead of loving because that'd be too gay.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Video game romance is always poorly written. I wish these games would have a 'Turn Off Romance' option.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Because it's not just Bioware. That basic formula makes up the vast majority of cross gender relationships in all of fiction.

Buddy-cop films tend follow a very similar arc, but they end with mutual respect instead of loving because that'd be too gay.

Hot fuzz got very close

Accretionist posted:

Video game romance is always poorly written. I wish these games would have a 'Turn Off Romance' option.

Nobody's forcing you to gently caress the math

hexal
Sep 7, 2011
I never before realised how much I want a gay buddy-cop film now.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hot fuzz got very close

By the power of Greyskull!

Man, that scene was great for how well it lamp-shaded the homoerotic undertones you get in a lot of those films.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

cora just needs a plaid jacket for her spacesuit, imo

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Ainsley McTree posted:

Nobody's forcing you to gently caress the math

I know; you're talking to a guy who beat Mass Effect 1 and 2 without even realizing there were romantic subplots. But sometimes there's rewards and sometimes you can't skip sequences after accidentally picking the wrong dialog option. :colbert:

I liked how, iirc, Dragon Age handled it. After collecting all the romance quest items, I banged out every romantic subplot in one go. It was like 10 minutes of skipped dialog sequences and that was it. Completed the quests, got my quest rewards and it was done.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

poo poo Ryder is loving in the air vents again goddamn! Get a room!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/mwIBSGo.mp4

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I want Ashley from Mass Effect 1. She was a total babe, and cool as hell to boot.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am just gonna make my male run through look like Sheppard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

enraged_camel posted:

I want Ashley from Mass Effect 1. She was a total babe, and cool as hell to boot.

This is correct, the protestations of self-hating humans aside.