Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

T.S. Smelliot posted:

This is possibly the worst thread I've read in like ten years lol

the best part is that when it inevitably gets gassed the same poo poo posters will just find another thread to post the same crap in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Request to rename the Electoral College to "Affirmative Action for Rural States"

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Michael Bayleaf posted:

the best part is that when it inevitably gets gassed the same poo poo posters will just find another thread to post the same crap in

i'm voting for hillary clinton

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Clapper denying, to his knowledge, any surveillance of Trump during the election is cause to believe exactly the opposite.

Because he is a liar

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Toadvine posted:

Clapper denying, to his knowledge, any surveillance of Trump during the election is cause to believe exactly the opposite.

Because he is a liar

Yup. He's the one.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Toadvine posted:

Because he is a liar
well, i mean, trump made an unsubstantiated accusation based on a fake breitbart article

but i dont think he was lying per, i think hes just an old man who believes everything he reads on infowars/breitbart/fox news

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Kjoery posted:

well, i mean, trump made an unsubstantiated accusation based on a fake breitbart article

but i dont think he was lying per, i think hes just a confused old man who believes everything he reads on infowars/breitbart/fox news

finally a kjoery post i fully agree with

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wikkheiser posted:

The hottest.

They tend to get that way when all the shoddily built steel smelters topple over on them.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
lol people itt defending Clapper, the guy who's job it is to lie, who blatantly committed perjury several times under Obama. I can't believe the Dems are now the party that loves the CIA and hates Russia. The political parties loving flipped this election.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

I can't believe the Dems are now the party that loves the CIA and hates Russia. The political parties loving flipped this election.
actually, before the election (specifically, the 2015 primaries), both parties hated russia pretty uniformly. i dont know how far your memory goes back, but both parties were neggin' putin hard

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Kjoery posted:

actually, before the election (specifically, the 2015 primaries), both parties hated russia pretty uniformly. i dont know how far your memory goes back, but both parties were neggin' putin hard

Except for that one Obama guy who was adamantly against antagonism and instead preferred to placidly ply Putin

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

meanwhile, in july the steele dossier predicted a 19% sale of rosneft in return for lifted sanctions, which promptly actually happened in december, to an unknown buyer. carter page, JD gordon, michael flynn, jeff sessions, jared kushner, sergey kislyak, GOP platform changes to abandon Ukraine, the insane pissbaby has taken every possible position except "maybe putin does things that are bad sometimes". false flags to a man prolly

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

World War Mammories posted:

meanwhile, in july the steele dossier predicted a 19% sale of rosneft in return for lifted sanctions, which promptly actually happened in december, to an unknown buyer. carter page, JD gordon, michael flynn, jeff sessions, jared kushner, sergey kislyak, GOP platform changes to abandon Ukraine, the insane pissbaby has taken every possible position except "maybe putin does things that are bad sometimes". false flags to a man prolly

it's me i'm the trump man who is simultaneously only rich because he inherited a fortune and is bad with money but also has 12 billion dollars laying around to buy 19% rosneft stock

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Toadvine posted:

Except for that one Obama guy who was adamantly against antagonism and instead preferred to placidly ply Putin

hmm... obama and the democrats were friendly to russia... but they also imposed sanctions on russia???

huh, strange world we live in

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The dossier that mentioned the sale was from october

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I always put sanctions on my closest friends

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

runupon cracker posted:

I always put sanctions on my closest friends
id put crippling sanctions on your economy any time ;)

crime weed fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 6, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
here comes a new loving EO for the courts to hopefully chew through

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it's me i'm the trump man who is simultaneously only rich because he inherited a fortune and is bad with money but also has 12 billion dollars laying around to buy 19% rosneft stock

uhhh no one's claiming that a single person bought a 19% stock in rosneft? the guy is still running the trump organization for christ's sake. do you think that these transactions are made between two individuals???

SickZip posted:

The dossier that mentioned the sale was from october

it was written in july (eg. here) and revealed to the general public later. either way it's still months before december and predicting not only the sale but the amount. meanwhile all these people in the trump admin keep going "oh uh I guess we did talk to the russians a lot," and also the russians have repeatedly said "yeah we were talking with those dudes". so I honestly don't know how else this is supposed to be read.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i mean maybe we could trust the accused old man who yells at clouds about breitbart articles and millions of fraudulent votes for Crooked Hillary and stuff like that but I dunno that seems weird maybe

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

but I dunno that seems weird maybe
well, i mean, it doesnt seem weird to the frog people who unironically read breitbart or are fed breitbart talking points by youtubers/subreddits

quote:

to them its the rest of the world thats weird

its all relative

crime weed fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 6, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you know what else is relative? goin down to the local russian bank and picking up a nice 19% stake in rosneft. that's definitely a thing billionaires do in a lump sum out of their own pocket, they're just like me going down to the corner store to pick up some milk

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Unless someone I don't like is elected then it's bad and stinky get rid of it imo

it's dumb regardless because it unfairly makes some states way more important than others

like a vote in CA is worth like 1/4th a vote in a "swing" state just because of EC which is monumentally stupid.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

it's dumb regardless because it unfairly makes some states way more important than others

like a vote in CA is worth like 1/4th a vote in a "swing" state just because of EC which is monumentally stupid.

actually, CA is monumentally stupid, and lucky to get the franchise at all ;)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's fine we'll take our tax money and gently caress off then?

oh no you want our money lol

taxation w/o representation!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it really is a shame state sovereignty was so irredeemably tarnished by america's original sin

a nation should be a voluntary association

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Moridin920 posted:

Well, there's two different things going on. There's the relative voting weight, which isn't really about swing states, but about size. And then there's the fact that by going winner-take-all within each state, it does make voting virtually valueless within any state that isn't close.

You could theoretically resolve the latter issue without getting rid of the electoral college altogether, if the electoral votes were split proportionately to the popular vote within the state.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moridin920 posted:

that's fine we'll take our tax money and gently caress off then?

oh no you want our money lol

taxation w/o representation!

As a fellow Californian, we would be pretty hosed if the rest of the US had to sell our water to us.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

As a fellow Californian, we would be pretty hosed if the rest of the US had to sell our water to us.

Do you think we just get it for free right now?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Trump literally thinks that iran is linked with al queda.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm legit stunned we haven't heard anything from Trump about the Nork missiles

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

Were they Nodongs? I bet they were Nodongs and he's afraid of people watching him say Nodong.

Nodong.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Can I get an update on Trump's status

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

Yeah for real that was like the biggest piece of actual NEWS over the weekend and not a loving peep about it. Tons of bullshit about phantom Obamas in Trump phones, though.

how about be a loving president and stop starting beef with Arnold on Twitter lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Trump is at this moment Ina quantum superposition of being hosed and not hosed.

Observing him will cause him to become locked in a single state, however the label on the box is worn and is too close to the box for his superposition of getting hosed and not getting hosed, so no one is willing to take the risk.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah for real that was like the biggest piece of actual NEWS over the weekend and not a loving peep about it. Tons of bullshit about phantom Obamas in Trump phones, though.

how about be a loving president and stop starting beef with Arnold on Twitter lol

nice av lmao

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Moridin920 posted:

Yo whats up with your fuckin av

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh hey new av

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Poetic Justice posted:

Can I get an update on Trump's status

still senile, in love with piss, deeply entwined with russian crime/government

e: ^^^ whoever it was didn't even want to give you a red text eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

still senile, in love with piss, deeply entwined with russian crime/government

e: ^^^ whoever it was didn't even want to give you a red text eh

I wish they did because I'm not getting what "Bart Simpson, 30 degrees, penis" is supposed to tell me

I'm an acute dick?

• Locked thread