Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

absolutely anything posted:

sheikah armor set is good because when you got all 3 on so long as you arent sprinting you can just walk up behind pretty much whatever you want

me rikey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
currently trying to find a way to make link look like a girl, because link looking like a boy is really holding me back from accomplishing this quest. vague hints welcome

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I know that its possible to ride animals that aren't horses, like bears and deers but I don't know how.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I know that its possible

Just sneak up behind them like you would a horse. Taming mechanics work the same way.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The only thing that stinks about weapon durability is that I can churn through like 4 swords and still not take down the major combat challenges I came across.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The Milkman posted:

The only thing that stinks about weapon durability is that I can churn through like 4 swords and still not take down the major combat challenges I came across.

ya i recently got a wep that you really think would be unbreakable, yet..

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

doughvakiin posted:

ya i recently got a wep that you really think would be unbreakable, yet..

yah i was pumped whn i got a spear tht gets repaired when it breaks but it takes a freakin diamond every time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is there any point to photography other than it being cool and being able to track stuff

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cannonballoon posted:

Just sneak up behind them like you would a horse. Taming mechanics work the same way.

I think i just need to be more sneaky then.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

If the other three dungeons are anywhere near as cool as the first one I did, holy loving poo poo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hope the enemy variety picks up a little because I'm getting a bit tired w moblins

also does kass the bird man pop up absolutely everywhere? I met him like four times yesterday lol

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 6, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm only using fast travel to get back up a tower I'm already at the bottom at so I can paraglide freely

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also in case anyone doesn't know you can turn the minimap and all those little sensors in the bottom right off, it makes the game look even better imho

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was thinking as i was playing yesterday, that it's cool how the game is like a fantasy version of a post apocalyptic setting

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I still haven't found a single dungeon or progressed the story at all. I'm just running around exploring and getting my rear end handed to me by dudes who are way stronger and I'm loving every second of it.

I need to find whatever forest the seed dude said he lives in so I can go cash in my 40some odd seeds I've collected.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is a dumb question but how do I shield-surf?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

This is a dumb question but how do I shield-surf?

i thnk its l-target, jump, press A in that order next to a cliff. totally shreds your shield but it rules

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

its really good in sandy areas and you'll like keep your momentum on a flat plane for quite some time if you have any speed built up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game is incredible. I'm at work and all I'm thinking about is going home to play it more

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love the addition of Platinum-style perfect dodges and parries

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

This game is incredible. I'm at work and all I'm thinking about is going home to play it more

Yeah =[

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i brought my switch to work and I just keep taking very long smoke breaks where i just sit in my car and do like a single shrine. I actually just managed to finally make my way to the top of that tower that is totally surrounded by guardians and it feels so good to be able to set achievable goals that only take like 10 mins but give an insane sense of accomplishment

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

I love the addition of Platinum-style perfect dodges and parries

When I was fighting Lynel with 2000HP with only 3 hearts I used nothing but Flurry Rush with a super strong two-handed sword. What was an otherwise intimidating fight turned out pretty easy if you can bait out attacks to dodge perfectly.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm out of the state for a week and it would have been worth it to buy a switch just so i could keep playing this while away from home. and i've only just left great plateau

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ever notice how like every zelda that's come out in the past decade or so has been a direct response to Gamer Feedback

wind waker was "too kiddy" so they made twilight princess dark as poo poo
twilight princess was too drab and lifeless so they made skyward sword very pretty
skyward sword was too easy and linear so now its dark souls bitch

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh yeah link between worlds was also aggressively nonlinear. anyway i finally started the new zelda last night and its good. lol at the guy telling you to "learn some self-reliance" when you try to ask him where to go. you made me like this nintendo. gently caress you. i like your game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

is there any point to photography other than it being cool and being able to track stuff

idk if you unlock anything but it's giving me top notch beyond good and evil feels. hoping there are photography challenges later on

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

doughvakiin posted:

currently trying to find a way to make link look like a girl, because link looking like a boy is really holding me back from accomplishing this quest. vague hints welcome

go for the southwest divine beast.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Thinking about Zelda

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

is there a way to make Link sit down that isnt building a campfire? I'm discovering these majestic vistas and just want him to chill out for a second while I look around & take screenshots

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

also, I'd like to take back anything negative I've said in the past about buying amiibos

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
need to use parrying more. finally have to the kool sword fighting in my zelda but it's hard to break old habits

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Legend of Zelda... BReast of the... No.. Legend of Zeldull... Legend?? Legend... of the Turd? AhhhH I can't do it. The game is utterly flame-proof. The only fitting name is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I Iay supplicant to Nintendo's untouchable genius.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm at Akkala Tower, and its covered in this weird Ganon sludge, and I cant climb it. Is there any way to get around it, or any way to get rid of it?

Edit: i found a way

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 6, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

mabels big day posted:

I'm at Akkala Tower, and its covered in this weird Ganon sludge, and I cant climb it. Is there any way to get around it, or any way to get rid of it?

I was able to climb up some stuff despite being damaged by the goop

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

mabels big day posted:

You need to find an eyeball and shoot it with an arrow. It can be hard to find sometimes. OR - there's ways to get around it if you scale some of the nearby pillars carefully and float over the sludge at the tower.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

You need to find an eyeball and shoot it with an arrow. It can be hard to find sometimes. OR - there's ways to get around it if you scale some of the nearby pillars carefully and float over the sludge at the tower.

Oh woah this is a better idea lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

i found the eyeball but nothing happened when i killed it. I found a spot to get around it though

• Locked thread