Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The packs are relevant because when a heist is up you get a pop up trying to sell them to you the instant you open the app. It's the first notice you get that a heist is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

I'm at 81 but I'm too busy working up my ship (for Zetas) and arena teams to focus on a scoundrel team. I'm also 600-800 in arena so crystals aren't coming in mega fast.

I'm also chronically out of tickets :(

I'm going to try to stick to my original plan and buy a gear piece

Getting a scoundrel team is the single most important thing you can be doing, because the 5m+ credits you get every week are absolutely essential in leveling your roster and mods, as well as buying good shop mods.

You should absolutely get those 4 toons I mentioned to 7* max level asap (several of them you should already have like STH and Lando if you've been paying ANY attention to this thread), even if that forestalls your arena machinations for a few weeks. Arena meta is going to be wildly shifting moreso than ever before with the rate they're releasing new characters and zetas.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Any tips on beating the Crit Chance Mod challenge on the hardest level? This seems much harder than other challenges I've completed.

My team is 7* ST Han (9), IG-88 (9), and Fett (8), 5* Lando (9), 5* CW Chewie (8). I've got got at least some mods on all of them.

I've tried playing around with different leaders and, for me, Chewie seems to do the best but I can only 1* it. ST Han is the one they target the most and Fett usually dies at least once. I don't taunt at all in order to spread the damage around.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
In the increasingly shifting meta of current days, I think it's important to point out some strong non-faction-specific toons that you can get a lot of use out of no matter where the meta winds up going. These are toons that provide tools like ability block, buff immunity, dispell, tenacity up/down; and are good toons to have, because they can provide a lot of functionality no matter what team they're on. I'm gonna label these

F2P Gadget toons:

BobaFett - AoE ability block, offensive dispell, execution, ignores taunt, self revive, applies dots
Rex - Group Tenacity Up, defensive dispell
Yoda - Group Tenacity Up
B2 - AoE buff immunity/ offensive dispell, high volume of free turns
Anakin - single target Buff immunity/healing immunity, high AoE burst, free turns
Sun Fac - offensive ispell on Basic, counter attack
Stormtrooper Han - moddable fast taunt that feeds turn meter to your team/lowers enemy turn meter
Emporer Palpatine - single target shock application, aoe stun
TIE Fighter Pilot - AoE buff immunity, targeted ability block, lots of dodge/high damage potential
Ewok Elder - defensive dispell, resurrection, feeds turn meter
Aayala - call-assist on basic, counter-attacks, stuns on critical

Outside of many of these toons having extensive raid uses, they're also viable in a lot of high-level arena.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 6, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

Any tips on beating the Crit Chance Mod challenge on the hardest level? This seems much harder than other challenges I've completed.

My team is 7* ST Han (9), IG-88 (9), and Fett (8), 5* Lando (9), 5* CW Chewie (8). I've got got at least some mods on all of them.

I've tried playing around with different leaders and, for me, Chewie seems to do the best but I can only 1* it. ST Han is the one they target the most and Fett usually dies at least once. I don't taunt at all in order to spread the damage around.

I'm pretty sure I did that challenge with STH, Boba, Chewie, Cad Bane, and Greedo. Chewie is real good for this challenge, because he can soak alot of damage and heal himself, sparing your STH for the final stage, where he can feed turn meter to your hitters.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

tadashi posted:

I've got Dengar instead of Chewbacca, and I use Boba Fett as my Leader with his Omega ability. I try to kill the enemy faster so I take less damage that way. I can usually get two stars, but I haven't quite gotten through all the way without STH dying, usually. Like Chillichimp said, you probably need to taunt with Chewbacca more so he'll take hits away from your more vulnerable characters. If you haven't already, may try the Omega upgrade on Chewbacca's taunt so it lasts longer? You could also try running through some mod battles for some cheap mods to fill out any empty slots. If that doesn't help, you can try taking your good mods off your main team and see where that takes you.

Edit: I just did my fleet challenges, and I'm now one short of the twenty Zeta materials for Qui-Gon, but I'm not going to have the fleet credits to get it until Wednesday :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I've got Dengar instead of Chewbacca, and I use Boba Fett as my Leader with his Omega ability. I try to kill the enemy faster so I take less damage that way. I can usually get two stars, but I haven't quite gotten through all the way without STH dying, usually. Like Chillichimp said, you probably need to taunt with Chewbacca more so he'll take hits away from your more vulnerable characters. If you haven't already, may try the Omega upgrade on Chewbacca's taunt so it lasts longer? You could also try running through some mod battles for some cheap mods to fill out any empty slots. If that doesn't help, you can try taking your good mods off your main team and see where that takes you.

His real problem is Chewie is only 5*/G8 so he's just not going to be the damage soak that he needs to be, and live to self-heal the tale.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
In fun news, I'm now running G11 Boba, JKA, GK, Baze, and G10 Chirrut. Time to work on that last one (2x Stun Cuff, 1x Implant).

Crumbletron posted:

I'm guessing it's worth it? I have enough crystals for one. I was gonna get a Nihilus pack but I need 20 shards and after seeing my neighbour blow crystals on 2 packs and get 10 total I'd rather get something more substantial

Yeah don't do that. I haven't actually heard of anyone getting more than 5 shards (and I do know people with 7* DN). Might be about a 1% chance.

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Mal, could you un-strikethrough the link to the spreadsheet in the OP? We use it a lot for raid planning now so it would be useful to have in the OP for anyone who needs it.

Done.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I go with Lando(L) STHan, Boba, IG88, and Dengar, IG88 and Lando clean up while boba ability blocks or executes, Dengar stuns and debuffs, with STHan removing turn meter.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

F2P Gadget toons:
Rex - Group Tenacity Up, defensive dispell

Don't forget his 100% chance of 25% tm down on primary, which is huge

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

In fun news, I'm now running G11 Boba, JKA, GK, Baze, and G10 Chirrut. Time to work on that last one (2x Stun Cuff, 1x Implant).

yeah, whenever Chaze goes F2P, they're gonna be A#1 Gadget toon duo. God damnit, it's been so long, put'em on a hard node or in GW or SOMETHING, gently caress!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Chilichimp posted:

Getting a scoundrel team is the single most important thing you can be doing, because the 5m+ credits you get every week are absolutely essential in leveling your roster and mods, as well as buying good shop mods.

You should absolutely get those 4 toons I mentioned to 7* max level asap (several of them you should already have like STH and Lando if you've been paying ANY attention to this thread), even if that forestalls your arena machinations for a few weeks. Arena meta is going to be wildly shifting moreso than ever before with the rate they're releasing new characters and zetas.

I haven't been super cash strapped yet but I'm starting to feel the squeeze so I guess I'll be pushing off my arena stuff for a minute. My Boba is really good but the rest of my scoundrels are p. bad. I have STH/Chewy/Zam/IG88, I just need to gear/mod/level them and get their stars up. It's just slower at 400 arena tokens/day (plus 200 from the daily)

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

His real problem is Chewie is only 5*/G8 so he's just not going to be the damage soak that he needs to be, and live to self-heal the tale.

Yeah. If he's got anyone else, he might try for a more offensive build, else he's just going to have to work on Chewbacca more. drat it, Chewie!

Pyronic posted:

I go with Lando(L) STHan, Boba, IG88, and Dengar, IG88 and Lando clean up while boba ability blocks or executes, Dengar stuns and debuffs, with STHan removing turn meter.

Lando works better as a Leader then Boba Fett for you? I'll have to try that when I get back to working on these guys after my Jedi are done.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

I haven't been super cash strapped yet but I'm starting to feel the squeeze so I guess I'll be pushing off my arena stuff for a minute. My Boba is really good but the rest of my scoundrels are p. bad. I have STH/Chewy/Zam/IG88, I just need to gear/mod/level them and get their stars up. It's just slower at 400 arena tokens/day (plus 200 from the daily)

Holy poo poo, dude, how are you that low? You only need to be top 200 to get 800/day. Your shard must be a nightmare.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I took about a year off and I'm in the same boat, I'm just now cracking top 500 after like six weeks of solid work on a rebel team. I probably should have just restarted but my brain wouldn't let me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I took like 2 months off at one point and I only fell into like the 300 range and was back into arena stacks pretty quick. But the level cap didn't increase in that time span, so I wasn't so far behind it was impossible.

I've made my way back into the top 20 discussion, but I'm usually just mid 20's since the Zaul meta pushed my Zader down and stole it's lunch money.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo, dude, how are you that low? You only need to be top 200 to get 800/day. Your shard must be a nightmare.

I started around when EP7 came out but didn't follow guides and wasn't playing every day. But it would take me months to get back to where I'm at so I really don't want to start over. v:shobon:v

I'm about as low in rankings as I can realistically get right now. At 81 I have no zetas and I'm mostly forced to fight lvl 82-85 teams.

The funny thing is I'm at 175 in ship arena and that was after barely putting in effort at all.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 6, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

I started around when EP7 came out but didn't follow guides and wasn't playing every day. But it would take me months to get back to where I'm at so I really don't want to start over. v:shobon:v

Well, Lando, Boba, Cad Bane, and Chewie can be had from non-arena. Cad sucks, but I used him to 3* the credit challenge before I snagged IG88.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I forgot Lando, I have him at G8/5 stars so I'll get back to working on him now that I 7 starred TFP

My Boba is set, he's G9/modded/max level with a couple omegas

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD goons, for our next tank raid (not the current one), I'm thinking we can start limiting P1 to a single team. We're beating it pretty quickly now.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Sounds good to me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
concur

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Yeah. If he's got anyone else, he might try for a more offensive build, else he's just going to have to work on Chewbacca more. drat it, Chewie!

Lando works better as a Leader then Boba Fett for you? I'll have to try that when I get back to working on these guys after my Jedi are done.

STHan and Lando aren't Bounty Hunters so they only get the crit%and damage and not the speed from Boba's Leader, and with how much damage and TM I get from Han and Lando I want them to be going faster.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

IGD goons, for our next tank raid (not the current one), I'm thinking we can start limiting P1 to a single team. We're beating it pretty quickly now.

Do it!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Looks like we're getting our improved GW rewards now-ish

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I started looking at the rewards for the nodes as I beat them now and I just realized I've never actually paid attention to the payouts.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

They are adding more Rebels (as in, the show) characters in the future, too. Come on Thrawn.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
So I was only half paying attention to the new GW rewards as I was busy while doing my run, but it looks like you now get a lot more character shards from earlier nodes, I got a character shard from node 3, 2 from 6, 2 from 9, 2 from 11, and 3 from 12. Regular currency and battle token rewards don't appear to have increased but a full gw run netted me 165k in fleet currency, didn't pay attention to if ability mat drop rates had increased though.

edit: difficulty was as per usual, a little easier if anything.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 6, 2017

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Crumbletron posted:

I'm about as low in rankings as I can realistically get right now. At 81 I have no zetas and I'm mostly forced to fight lvl 82-85 teams.

The funny thing is I'm at 175 in ship arena and that was after barely putting in effort at all.

Sounds like me, stopped playing for a year then came back last month. I'm fighting to stay under 500 in arena but 160 in ships.
Fighting zeta teams gear XI with 5 mods in the 400s evurday.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Just did a gw run through, teams im fighting against seem to be harder unless ive just had the unluckiest run ever. Had a horrible droid team on battle 6, a chaze team on battle 10 and a full rebels team on 11, got 1 srp shard so far on battle 11 and the cash rewards seem to be slightly higher than I remember (82.1k for battle 11). Battle 12 is palp lead, shore, rg, sf and tfp so I've got no chance of finishing this which will be the first loss in a while

Edit: Reset, 2nd run and got a JC shard on battle 6, cody shard on battle 11 and a srp, hoth rebel soldier and some other shard at 12.
Cash reward for last node was 85k ish so thats about 10% higher than before if my memory serves me correctly?

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 6, 2017

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
My teams didn't seem much/any tougher this time through but I got about the same results re: shards and fleet creds.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

Just did a gw run through, teams im fighting against seem to be harder unless ive just had the unluckiest run ever. Had a horrible droid team on battle 6, a chaze team on battle 10 and a full rebels team on 11, got 1 srp shard so far on battle 11 and the cash rewards seem to be slightly higher than I remember (82.1k for battle 11). Battle 12 is palp lead, shore, rg, sf and tfp so I've got no chance of finishing this which will be the first loss in a while

Edit: Reset, half way through 2nd run and got a JC shard on battle 6

Since I'm pretty sure you're level 85, I'd recommend you see what the highest power team you can put together, and throw that at arena. Somewhere around 41-45k this will break your 12th node.

My GW was super easy, but then again, it has been every since I started running Wiggs, Chaze, GK, with EP, Vader, RG, TFP, Boba for backup.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Malgrin posted:

Since I'm pretty sure you're level 85, I'd recommend you see what the highest power team you can put together, and throw that at arena. Somewhere around 41-45k this will break your 12th node.

My GW was super easy, but then again, it has been every since I started running Wiggs, Chaze, GK, with EP, Vader, RG, TFP, Boba for backup.

I normally use my rebels team which is 44k power, wiggs, leia, sth and lando. On the first round or two i swap in palp and phasma to get them a good amount of turn meter and then take them back out and save them for the b team, which i sometimes need to resort to on the last node. Im not yet set up for any of the new meta teams

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Mal what has your ships strategy been lately? Are you still starting BIggs/Fives/Boba/Vader/FOTP? I currently have JC in my starting 5 because FOTP is still super weak. Do you plan to keep JC around in your reserves I'm not particularly feeling it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Had my first node 12 from hell today with Zeta QGJ lead, GK, Yoda, Chirrut, Baze.

Fortunately still pretty easy to take down thanks to being GW, where I can use my Zader/Boba arena setup to kill Kenobi and then send in Wiggs and Co. to mop up, but I guess this is The Future, given that I'm 2,000 xp away from level 85.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
I check the OP but couldn't find it.

What is the recommended emulator to play this on pc from andriod, NOX?

Thanks in advance.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I've slowly been climbing my way to the top 200 on my shard and then suddenly ran into a wall of 3 star purple sith teams. They're 1-3k lower in power than my team but blow through my dudes like I don't matter. Nihilus, assassin, vader, sid, sith trooper... I consider myself lucky to have gotten this high with Lumi, Boba, Barris, Sid and RG. It's making me really think I need to raise those guys but I'm still working on getting a lando, STH, etc. team together. Is there a counter for this I can look into?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Avail posted:

I check the OP but couldn't find it.

What is the recommended emulator to play this on pc from andriod, NOX?

Thanks in advance.

I think MeMU is the one with the best bonuses.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?

fishtobaskets posted:

Thanks!

I looked at op, read a few pages back then searched on the net but I knew you fine gentlemen were talking about a better one than I couldn't find. I just couldn't remember the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

fishtobaskets posted:

What all device models have promotions attached again?