Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I was kind of hoping they would adjust the whole AEGIS system but thinking about "retention systems" does not have me hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

My biggest hopes for the relaunch are cross-faction cabals (more needed than ever with the wider audience they're trying to bring in) and toning down the AEGIS system. Past retention additions like challenges and the museum have been fine, so I'm not worried there.

Edit:
vvv
Dust of the Black Pharaoh. I must have it.

Amante fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 1, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Seriously, did none of you look at my post about the AEGIS grind they refuse to fix? I'm not very confident in the current direction.

Let me clarify the issue with Manufactory Breached Nightmare: The final boss is nearly impossible even with full QL11 gear. That you get to even try for by grinding until you have AEGIS 2.9. Which you get exclusively from Manufactory Breached Nightmare and need a grand total of 45 kits.

Do I have to talk about what happened during Samhain 2016 too?

Yes because I like hearing about bugs.

I honestly probably won't do the NM Tokyo or raids because gently caress aegis. I'm doing the bare minimum for it.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'm hoping for the best, if this goes the way of City of Heroes I think I'm giving up MMO's for good. This game might not be the best but the story sure as hell keeps me coming back and I want to shoot Marquard in his giant spacewhale head at some point.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Amante posted:

My biggest hopes for the relaunch are cross-faction cabals (more needed than ever with the wider audience they're trying to bring in) and toning down the AEGIS system. Past retention additions like challenges and the museum have been fine, so I'm not worried there.

Edit:
vvv
Dust of the Black Pharaoh. I must have it.

Forget Black Pharaoh. What you want is the Blood of the Deep One King. That thing is absolute bullshit in PVP, best in class for healers.

The other issue with Black Pharaoh is you then have to slot Laceration on your builder weapons. The cost to do that is absolutely nuts, 40+million per builder.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 1, 2017

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Here's hoping the retention stuff is a daily login reward like Guild Wars 2. I've put so much time into that game because I logged in for a second to get my daily and the guild chat was interesting and a guildy was organizing an event and next thing you know it's three hours later.

And Samhain 2016 was fun. And a total clusterfuck. But fun. Funcom is prodigious in loving things up but somehow I still have fun.

Except for NM dungeons.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If anyone has any signets of vigour they aren't using let me know. I'm 260 greens away from where I want to be

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I just want to say for all of Funcom's faults, they've always believed in TSW and wanted it to succeed. There's no other game like it and I'm just happy they haven't killed it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

If anyone has any signets of vigour they aren't using let me know. I'm 260 greens away from where I want to be
I'll check my guild bank for you.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I just want to say for all of Funcom's faults, they've always believed in TSW and wanted it to succeed. There's no other game like it and I'm just happy they haven't killed it.
:same:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Got a single blue vigour for you mate, what's your character name and I'll post it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

Got a single blue vigour for you mate, what's your character name and I'll post it.

EvilBillMurray. Thanks a ton

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

Sent. Enjoy :)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

Wait what?! Hahaha I think I sent you stuff at one point.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Wait what?! Hahaha I think I sent you stuff at one point.

Possibly I've been around since launch

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

TGG posted:

I'm hoping for the best, if this goes the way of City of Heroes I think I'm giving up MMO's for good. This game might not be the best but the story sure as hell keeps me coming back and I want to shoot Marquard in his giant spacewhale head at some point.

Yeah it certainly is unique.

I think a new thread for the revamp would be a good idea.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The official forums are being real negative nancys. It's better than it being put in maintenance mode.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Wait so all the poo poo in Tokyo has like a fake HP bar you gotta kill with tuned attacks before you can do normal damage?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Capntastic posted:

Wait so all the poo poo in Tokyo has like a fake HP bar you gotta kill with tuned attacks before you can do normal damage?

YEP

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I've known this for like a year and I got to Tokyo a month ago and did the tutorial mission and I still don't want to believe it's actually something designed and worked on and implemented and expects people to play

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

At least there are mods you can install which just do all the switching for you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

And it gets less lovely as you get aegis disruptors. But it's not a good mechanic.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I just bought a golden unicorn to ride. Can't wait for the game to finish downloading so I can be full of disappointment.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Variable Haircut posted:

I just bought a golden unicorn to ride. Can't wait for the game to finish downloading so I can be full of disappointment.

I was torn between that or the gatekeeper costume. But I can't be the horse gatekeeper so I got the unicorn and a motorcycle instead.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Double post but someone should explain to me why I can't have a mankini but AssCheeks Mcgee here gets to be just fine?

Also me atop a majestic steed:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

AEGIS was meant to add complexity to combat. What it really ended up adding was clunk.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

For anyone working their way through it the Issue 14 content that ends with the quest Beneath You It Eats Its Name has a bug that requires going back to City of the Sun God to fix.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Any particularly recommended addons? I haven't poked at addons in ages.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

For anyone working their way through it the Issue 14 content that ends with the quest Beneath You It Eats Its Name has a bug that requires going back to City of the Sun God to fix.
What's that bug? I know there was one where you have to skip the cutscene between the labyrinth quest and the boss fight quest or the game locks up, which I'm going to go ahead and assume they haven't fixed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

What's that bug? I know there was one where you have to skip the cutscene between the labyrinth quest and the boss fight quest or the game locks up, which I'm going to go ahead and assume they haven't fixed.

That's it. I'd touch the thing and see a cutscene but it would only load a black screen. Then I'd reload the UI and be back to before touching the thing

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

That's it. I'd touch the thing and see a cutscene but it would only load a black screen. Then I'd reload the UI and be back to before touching the thing
Yeah, I just had to press escape as soon as the cutscene started to progress there. Been like that since they added it. :v:

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, I just had to press escape as soon as the cutscene started to progress there. Been like that since they added it. :v:

I'm curious what makes going to the City of the Sun God fix that because to me that just seems weird as hell.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

The best was That Guy in #Sanctuary who went "you know you can just go to tswdb or youtube for answers" when I asked if anyone could answer an i14 question.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

xanthan posted:

I'm curious what makes going to the City of the Sun God fix that because to me that just seems weird as hell.
I assume because leaving means you enter the next mission directly, without playing the cutscene.

Len posted:

The best was That Guy in #Sanctuary who went "you know you can just go to tswdb or youtube for answers" when I asked if anyone could answer an i14 question.
I love that channel, a guy in there once called me an edgelord for not liking Skyrim, then said microtransactions were "the AIDS of the games industry". :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's really hit or miss. Sometimes it's full of chill people that realize Funcom isn't the most competent people and will just shoot the poo poo other times it's full of zealots that defend the decision of gender specific cash shop clothing unlocks as being a good idea.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Is the anniversity channel still a thing?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Variable Haircut posted:

Is the anniversity channel still a thing?

Supposedly no

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

flatluigi posted:

Any particularly recommended addons? I haven't poked at addons in ages.
Common useful mods:
meeehrUI-Topbar (all purpose topbar, interfaces with other mods)
EffectsUI (tracks important buffs and debuffs, customizable)
ResourceRelocator (smoother resource tracking)
FiveAlive (replaces laggy group/raid UI)
UltimateCrafter (adds more features to crafting UI)
AdvancedTradepost (adds more features to auction UI)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Now that I have a computer again I've jumped back into Secret World. I'm playing this with a friend of mine and was wondering if we still have a guild running.

I've also heard they are relaunching the game at the end of March with a totally reworked skill and combat system. That sounds interesting.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

No real goon group or guild running at the moment, but will probably be something forming around relaunch time.

Edit:
vvv
They'd have to be retarded not to at this point. No pubbie wants to make three guilds and a discord just to play with a few friends.

Amante fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

No real goon group or guild running at the moment, but will probably be something forming around relaunch time.

I'm hoping they finally make cross faction cabals.

• Locked thread