Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

I went back to my bookmarks and the unread post count was 669 and I was just about to say nice and then Chokes posted and made it 670, jerk

Ed Balls: :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Calibanibal posted:

Tyranny and pillars of eternity are excrutiatingly tedious to play sry

:wrong:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

teen vogue published a piece on the epigenetic transmission of ptsd and its link to the Black consciousness of slavery in america

teen vogue

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

do you think americans will protest again or are they too dumb to realize that this is nothing more than incrementalism at work.

The protests materialized because people were being detained at airports. There won't be a reason to protest if there's nobody to detain.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Calibanibal posted:

Tyranny and pillars of eternity are excrutiatingly tedious to play sry

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys breath of the wild is fuckin sick yall

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

teen vogue published a piece on the epigenetic transmission of ptsd and its link to the Black consciousness of slavery in america

teen vogue

gonna have to update my gangtag soon :hai:

got some extra cash to send the ACLU~

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Planet Earth II is dope as hell; watching these guys fight for love was a highlight of my week. A welcome dive into the natural world before Trump destroys it

Anyone who is into Planet Earth should check out "The Hunt". If PE/PE2 are the Avengers movies then The Hunt is CapAm Civil War.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol if you dont think of ganon as a giant pig dude

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

eonwe posted:

it's a good primer on how to survive the post-Trump world, all we need are old men wandering around we can cook with and steal axes from.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's all Mattis' doing, to help with people who worked with Americans during the occupation.

Still stupid and bad though

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

breath of the wild rules and I can't wait to get home and play some more of it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

(a) Scope. Subject to the exceptions set forth in subsection (b) of this section and any waiver under subsection (c) of this section, the suspension of entry pursuant to section 2 of this order shall apply only to foreign nationals of the designated countries who:
  (i) are outside the United States on the effective date of this order;
  (ii) did not have a valid visa at 5:00 p.m., eastern standard time on January 27, 2017; and
  (iii) do not have a valid visa on the effective date of this order.
(b) Exceptions. The suspension of entry pursuant to section 2 of this order shall not apply to:
  (i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;
  (ii) any foreign national who is admitted to or paroled into the United States on or after the effective date of this order;
  (iii) any foreign national who has a document other than a visa, valid on the effective date of this order or issued on any date thereafter, that permits him or her to travel to the United States and seek entry or admission, such as an advance parole document;
  (iv) any dual national of a country designated under section 2 of this order when the individual is traveling on a passport issued by a non-designated country;
  (v) any foreign national traveling on a diplomatic or diplomatic-type visa, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visa, C-2 visa for travel to the United Nations, or G-1, G-2, G-3, or G-4 visa; or
  (vi) any foreign national who has been granted asylum; any refugee who has already been admitted to the United States; or any individual who has been granted withholding of removal, advance parole, or protection under the Convention Against Torture.

quote:

Case-by-case waivers could be appropriate in circumstances such as the following:
   (i) the foreign national has previously been admitted to the United States for a continuous period of work, study, or other long-term activity, is outside the United States on the effective date of this order, seeks to reenter the United States to resume that activity, and the denial of reentry during the suspension period would impair that activity;
  (ii) the foreign national has previously established significant contacts with the United States but is outside the United States on the effective date of this order for work, study, or other lawful activity;
  (iii) the foreign national seeks to enter the United States for significant business or professional obligations and the denial of entry during the suspension period would impair those obligations;
  (iv) the foreign national seeks to enter the United States to visit or reside with a close family member (e.g., a spouse, child, or parent) who is a United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or alien lawfully admitted on a valid nonimmigrant visa, and the denial of entry during the suspension period would cause undue hardship;
   (v) the foreign national is an infant, a young child or adoptee, an individual needing urgent medical care, or someone whose entry is otherwise justified by the special circumstances of the case;
  (vi) the foreign national has been employed by, or on behalf of, the United States Government (or is an eligible dependent of such an employee) and the employee can document that he or she has provided faithful and valuable service to the United States Government;
  (vii) the foreign national is traveling for purposes related to an international organization designated under the International Organizations Immunities Act (IOIA), 22 U.S.C. 288 et seq., traveling for purposes of conducting meetings or business with the United States Government, or traveling to conduct business on behalf of an international organization not designated under the IOIA;
  (viii) the foreign national is a landed Canadian immigrant who applies for a visa at a location within Canada; or
  (ix) the foreign national is traveling as a United States Government-sponsored exchange visitor.
ok so after having an explicit exception for every person who made the news, who the gently caress is this actually targeting

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
TRUMP(45): Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

OFF COURSE!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

how are you people playing breath of the wild is there a working switch emulator already

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol if you dont think of ganon as a giant pig dude

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

quote:

However, officials refused to tell reporters Monday what portion of those 300 investigations involve people who came from the six countries targeted in the new order. In addition, officials declined to detail what proportion of the probes were focused on people who recently entered the U.S. and might have been stopped by more aggressive vetting procedures or individuals who may have entered the country decades ago as children.
Officials also declined to elaborate on how advanced the investigations were. And the assertion that the probes are straining the FBI’s resources also seemed to be in tension with on-the-record statements from FBI Director James Comey who has said publicly that he has the resources needed to investigate people suspected of being inspired by the Islamic State and other terrorist groups.

It's a scary number that is intentionally being made vague to gin up support for a half-assed Muslim ban.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TheWeepingHorse posted:

The original EO's poo poo about green card holders was the stupidest part. Why had that ever been a thing. This does not feel like an example of "pitch the crazy idea first, so that they accept your 'real' offer". It just feels like backpedaling.

Either Bannon/Miller made it a thing by specifically overruled DHS folks on that, btw. That's what they're like.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

blue lives matter

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Squizzle posted:

teen vogue

Teen vogue is the most revolutionary media outlet in america

Lol j. Lol

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

eonwe posted:

is it really that good? it looks like Zelda + Rust

and the Switch hardware really kinda sucks and the accessories cost a fortune which is why i haven't bought anything from nintendo since gamecube

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Squizzle posted:

teen vogue

link or didn't happen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Louisgod posted:

it's a good primer on how to survive the post-Trump world, all we need are old men wandering around we can cook with and steal axes from.

hell ya

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RUM HAM posted:

and the Switch hardware really kinda sucks and the accessories cost a fortune which is why i haven't bought anything from nintendo since gamecube

i think its the best zelda ever made

before my list was

OOT
wind waker HD
Links Awakening / Majoras Mask

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shageletic posted:

link or didn't happen

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
A Vote For Dog Is A Vote Against Trump

Vote Now!! :siren: ends this wednesday :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812290

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

zegermans posted:

I think this might be the unreported story about the election - at least on this forum. Clinton hosed up a lot of stuff, and was way to loving cautious about poo poo, but the power the RWM have now is completely unprecedented and it's not something a 2020 candidate can ignore and chalk up Clinton's loss to just "not going to the Rust Belt".

no amount of hand wringing can account for the fact that she lost to a mentally retarded pissbaby

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I'm extremely jazzed how our police state has essentially taken a "lol gently caress off" approach on anybody asking them to elaborate on how they're enforcing laws, it's just the best

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

ahahahhaaha

ahawighaogiahahgaorig

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

thats some exceedingly indulgent and self aware legislation alright

here's their reasoning for excluding Iraq

quote:

(g) Iraq presents a special case. Portions of Iraq remain active combat zones. Since 2014, ISIS has had dominant influence over significant territory in northern and central Iraq. Although that influence has been significantly reduced due to the efforts and sacrifices of the Iraqi government and armed forces, working along with a United States-led coalition, the ongoing conflict has impacted the Iraqi government's capacity to secure its borders and to identify fraudulent travel documents. Nevertheless, the close cooperative relationship between the United States and the democratically elected Iraqi government, the strong United States diplomatic presence in Iraq, the significant presence of United States forces in Iraq, and Iraq's commitment to combat ISIS justify different treatment for Iraq. In particular, those Iraqi government forces that have fought to regain more than half of the territory previously dominated by ISIS have shown steadfast determination and earned enduring respect as they battle an armed group that is the common enemy of Iraq and the United States. In addition, since Executive Order 13769 was issued, the Iraqi government has expressly undertaken steps to enhance travel documentation, information sharing, and the return of Iraqi nationals subject to final orders of removal. Decisions about issuance of visas or granting admission to Iraqi nationals should be subjected to additional scrutiny to determine if applicants have connections with ISIS or other terrorist organizations, or otherwise pose a risk to either national security or public safety.

tl;dr "We don't have to ban Iraq because we're busy killing them there! :q:"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RUM HAM posted:

Yeah it's getting harder and harder to justify buying non-handheld Nintendo hardware. I just got it on wiiu. that said the game loving rules

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Louisgod posted:

I'm extremely jazzed how our police state has essentially taken a "lol gently caress off" approach on anybody asking them to elaborate on how they're enforcing laws, it's just the best

the whole point of a police state is that they can lie to your face not caring about elaboration or facts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Skimming this it seems to be a total capitulation to the aclus arguments

This order will probably stand for awhile.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

you can contact web@teenvogue.com if you have a news article you think would be a good fit for the daily Teen Vogue Woke List news roundup

recent featured stories have included The Death of a Muslim Teen Found Hanged is Being Reviewed By the FBI and Trump Reportedly Called HBCU Presidents 'You People' More Than Once

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the ideal gannon body

you may not like it, but this is what pig performance looks like

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

the ideal gannon body

now photoshop bannon's face on there

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

ok so after having an explicit exception for every person who made the news, who the gently caress is this actually targeting

people who have to loosen their belt by one or two notches before bellowing out that old refrain THIS IS A CHRISTIAN NATION, FOUNDED ON CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GET OUT

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

brugroffil posted:

now photoshop bannon's face on there

wait he didn't already?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump did it

He finally did something not obviously unlawful

Hooray

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

zegermans posted:

That 90 days is going to be extended forever. Temporary is government-speak is "get your foot in the door"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Squizzle posted:

the ideal gannon body

catch em in bed with a moblin

• Locked thread