Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

And at the end of SQ42 we will see the only shoot of mark hamil. He will wait us on a hidden ocean planet, and when we will present him a big benny he will stare at us. Then FIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wait, what are they talking about?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Wuxi posted:

When people make mute points.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

When people make mute points.

You're really not helping my confusion there

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gathering an Ent Moot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:argh:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

Their constant cries of "its public record" makes me think they just searched court records for people named Derek Smart.

Yup, pretty much.

But I've reported it in a pre-existing Reddit ticket; which I have now escalated by sending it to one of my Reddit exec contacts.

The harassment aside, accusing me of a felony is the sort of thing that WILL get that sub Reddit closed. At least they can't say they weren't warned.

Here is my recent (past 24hrs) exchange with /u/jester86, the mod of that forum who just also happens to be the mod and co-creator of /r/starcitizen_trades/

DS:

quote:

I have reported this person, and several others to Reddit. I also have an active ticket with Reddit in which they asked me for some of the material that's being posted. This person's name was already in the list I gave to Reddit; and I just added his latest post to the Reddit ticket.
This information is FALSE. Accusing me of a crime is legally actionable, and it appears if since you guys somehow got lax, they've been doing various things (hence the reason I opened the ticket) in this sub. I know that you have been somewhat diligent in the past with this sort of thing, so I wanted to bring it directly to your attention; at the very least so that I can point out that I did

Jester86:

quote:

Comments that aren't reported will not get attention from us, volunteer moderators are not expected to read every comment posted within a subreddit under their control. As this has been escalated prior to us being notified the comment will stand until administration levels a judgement on it. Going behind our backs is not surprising, so don't expect us to bend over backwards for you as its clear your message is only being sent this way since the admins have not acted as you wanted them to. As such we will follow their discretion.

You made your bed, emjoy your sleep.

DS:

quote:

"going behind your backs" Are you serious right now?

Posts get reported all the time; and they don't get deleted. Do you think I even read this sub-Reddit? I don't. I was only alerted to it when Goons posted it on my Discord channel and over on SA. So I added it to the ticket because the person handling that ticket, also asked me specifically if we were reporting posts to the mods; and I said yes.

I tend to give people enough notice before I do something. And I think that since 2015, you guys running this sub Reddit have had enough of warning as to what goes on there, that the purpose of the sub Reddit is for no other purpose other than a harassment campaign. And going by the comments in the ticket, as well as notations by others, the people in there have proven this all by themselves. And it was only a matter of time.

I'm not going to engage in any lengthy back and forth with you. So do what you want; then only you - the mods of this Reddit - and the people stealth doxxing us, attacking me and my family, FALSELY accusing me of a crime etc, will only have yourselves to blame for the outcome.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If the 100% Guaranteed Legal Action is against some redditor I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Wuxi posted:

Someone is in love i guess

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

If the 100% Guaranteed Legal Action is against some redditor I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

I don't think it is going to come to that. If this went straight to the Reddit Execs as Derek says, then they know full well that that sub is now a legal liability and that is just not something they will tolerate from a small insignificant group of autists. If anything, a short letter from an attorney would have that thing shut down within the hour. Derek is not a public figure so any defense towards that is not going to fly either.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DapperDon posted:

I don't think it is going to come to that. If this went straight to the Reddit Execs as Derek says, then they know full well that that sub is now a legal liability and that is just not something they will tolerate from a small insignificant group of autists. If anything, a short letter from an attorney would have that thing shut down within the hour. Derek is not a public figure so any defense towards that is not going to fly either.

The two rear end-clowns I sued (one went into bankruptcy shortly after) a couple of years back, also tried that "he's a public figure" bullshit; until they found out the hard way - like most idiots do - that just because you're a public figure, doesn't somehow mean that people can break the law with impunity.

The thing is, it's all fun and games until you break out the big guns, then they cry foul and try to make you the bad guy.

I was being tolerant of their bullshit because it was mostly harmless (aside from the doxing, harassing my wife etc) and we had them quarantined over there. but I think the more it dawns on them that the project is hosed, and that I was right, the more they've stepped up their harassment and attacks. Now they're accusing me of a felony. And if Mirificus hadn't posted about it, I won't have seen it, since I don't even read that sub anymore.

I have always maintained that if they cross the line again, that I was going to do everything in my power to get that sub Reddit closed.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

He's right for all intensive purposes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You mean for all in tents and porpoises

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

You mean for all in tents and porpoises

tbh I could care less

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You need to start caring and tow the line here mr gabz

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I annoyed myself with that last one :v:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

I have always maintained that if they cross the line again, that I was going to do everything in my power to get that sub Reddit closed.

And you aren't wrong for doing so.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Looking forward to some Grade A retarded drama.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Go get em Derek

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Looking forward to some Grade A retarded drama.

The BEST kind of drama.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

lethality on the spectrum posted:

Has anything CIG or any other game studio ever done taken less time than expected? Ever? In the history of development? The answer is no, so there's no basis for expectation that somehow this will :) It will take *longer* than expected.

They aren't broken promises... all of those systems will eventually come. But they simply cannot afford to wait until they are all done to "launch" the game. It's common sense.

But most of all, there simply isn't any *reason* to wait for them to launch the game. The benefits of a commercially released, polished product, far outweighs the negatives. All we're talking about here is content, not functionality for the most part.

I'm positive Chris and CIG are thinking along the same lines, and I'd hope the community starts to come around to the idea.

No video game company has ever met a deadline on anything in the history of time! Therefore Star Citizen is normal.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Jester86 posted:

Comments that aren't reported will not get attention from us, volunteer moderators are not expected to read every comment posted within a subreddit under their control. As this has been escalated prior to us being notified the comment will stand until administration levels a judgement on it. Going behind our backs is not surprising, so don't expect us to bend over backwards for you as its clear your message is only being sent this way since the admins have not acted as you wanted them to. As such we will follow their discretion.

You made your bed, emjoy your sleep.

I love that his response basically boils down to "I know I'm a lovely mod but gently caress you for pointing that out to the admins!!"

lmao you can't expect us to actually read the forum we moderate :v:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I love that his response basically boils down to "I know I'm a lovely mod but gently caress you for pointing that out to the admins!!"
lmao you can't expect us to actually read the forum we moderate.

The biggest lie there is that they do in fact read those comments. That mod in particular banned me because I used the word autist more than one time. That guy is very much broken in the head.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DapperDon posted:

The biggest lie there is that they do in fact read those comments. That mod in particular banned me because I used the word autist more than one time. That guy is very much broken in the head.

He's one of the guys running the /r/starcitizen_trades sub Reddit. So he has every incentive to condone the bullshit that goes on in /r/DS

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
kill jester I guess

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

his nibs posted:

kill jester I guess

No. You just destroy all that he covets. Take away all of the things that mean anything to him. And look at him square in the eye when you do it.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I'm still tickled over 'precarious funding'.

That's a gold image right there - we need an animated gif of a limited edition porsche pulling up to a space door, which opens to reveal a crowd of motion captured dancers peeling off to give way to an image of Chris on a yacht holding up a banner with 'Precarious Funding' emblazoned across it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Can we get a time estimate on when the ELE will strike :reddit: ?

Please measure in number of weeks.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

It's a moo point. It's like a cows opinion, it doesn't matter.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Torquemada posted:

It's a moo point. It's like a cows opinion, it doesn't matter.

#cowlivesmatter

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

I annoyed myself with that last one :v:

could of being worse

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MilesK posted:

No video game company has ever met a deadline on anything in the history of time! Therefore Star Citizen is normal.

Star Citizen is simultaneously exceptional, and therefore deserves special consideration, and also completely normal and therefore everything is fine.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Salt n Reba McEntire posted:

I'm still tickled over 'precarious funding'.

That's a gold image right there - we need an animated gif of a limited edition porsche pulling up to a space door, which opens to reveal a crowd of motion captured dancers peeling off to give way to an image of Chris on a yacht holding up a banner with 'Precarious Funding' emblazoned across it.

Needs Terry Gilliam to animate it

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen is simultaneously exceptional, and therefore deserves special consideration, and also completely normal and therefore everything is fine.

And furthermore.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

#cowlivesmatter

What's your beef dude?

:rimshot:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you are posting star citizen stuff on subreddits like quityourbullshit and then furiously arguing in them, it's probably time to take a step back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Can we get a time estimate on when the ELE will strike :reddit: ?

Please measure in number of weeks.

Two Weeks