Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
Travel Ban 2.0 is out boys!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-new-travel-ban-executive-order-is-unveiled-live-updates/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

didn't he say he wouldn't announce it beforehand so bad dudes wouldn't have a chance to flock to the country before it goes into effect.

now hes giving the bad dudes 10 days

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
what're the odds on it being struck down before it even cones into effect

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm saying 80%

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm saying 80%

0%

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm saying 80%

You could be right with that prediction. I sure as hell want to know why those dipshits suddenly allow Iraqis to enter the US, but I guess there is no rational thinking behind those decisions anyway lol

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

quote:

"Administration officials left open the possibility that other countries could be added to future visa bans, or that countries currently on the list could be removed."

The White House continues to defend the first order as legal and appropriate, even as it's being replaced by the new order.
Meanwhile, the signing of a new executive order doesn't spell the end of lawsuits against the old order.

But a senior official at the Department of Justice told reporters on Monday that the DOJ believes the new order will make a majority of the pending cases moot.

Whether or not a lawsuit is still valid will be decided on a case-by-case basis

The Trump administration maintains that it will eventually triumph in the legal battle over the original executive action, based on the president's broad authority on immigration issues."

Dodging lawsuits and shifting goal posts.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ontent=20170306

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

how refreshing to go back to straight up racism and religious discrimination rather than all that distasteful Russia / election fraud chaos

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Imagine working at an airport during this presidency lmao

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

"Please unlock your phone." "Because I said so." "Well, then I guess I will have to refuse you entry into the Country."

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the new nokia 3310 is being advertised to people internationally as a burner phone if they dont want to risk their privacy when going through us customs

lol

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

1redflag posted:

"Please unlock your phone." "Because I said so." "Well, then I guess I will have to refuse you entry into the Country."

"Okay now navigate me to your nudes." "Well if you don't have any then go to the bathroom and take some!" "Well then I guess I'm deporting you to Mexico."

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Jel Shaker posted:

the new nokia 3310 is being advertised to people internationally as a burner phone if they dont want to risk their privacy when going through us customs

lol

Lol capitalism

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jel Shaker posted:

lol

"The Golden Putin Nokia"?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...Wm38thGJY8yty1g

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Arrhythmia posted:

Imagine working at an airport during this presidency lmao

Seems they all caught onto being total pieces of poo poo pretty quick.

I mean its not like they were forced to....

"[Captives] were given knives, hammers and machetes and were ordered at gunpoint to fight for their lives like a "gladiator-style contest." The winners of the fights were ordered to go on suicide missions and shoot at rival drug cartel members in other towns and cities. Those who did not win the "fight-to-the-death gladiator matches" were buried in clandestine mass graves"

They were just told to deport people.

Verily I Shat fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 6, 2017

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

lol at Kim Jong Un throwing a temper tantrum. Sorry, sport, you got a younger brother now who's getting all the attention.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Verily I Shat posted:

Seems they all caught onto being total pieces of poo poo pretty quick.

Probably because the kind of people who experience airport security and say "heck yes this is the job for me" are complete freakin psychopaths

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

How can anyone be faced with the possibility of a President Donald J Trump presidency and decide to not vote?! I hated the guy just from watching The Apprentice.

that's how lovely the Dem candidate was lmao

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I saw a guy with Down Syndrome working airport security. He was courteous and good at this job.

Imagine being worse at your job than a guy with Downs because you're an incurable rear end in a top hat.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

that's how lovely the Dem candidate was lmao

Please stop posting ever.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Verily I Shat posted:

Don't be mad at me, be mad at the DNC!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Verily I Shat posted:

Verily I Shat is still with her lol. don't worry man you can vote HC again in 4 years, so save all that merch!

1redflag posted:

Unfortunately, this has been going on since 2008 in the US and is also a thing in other countries. You can be compelled to unlock your computer and give over encryption keys at the border without any evidence against you. This includes work laptops with sensitive data and IP.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lilljonas posted:

lol at a country not putting their election day on a weekend or national holiday. Sad!

lol uf u dont think every industry would find some exemption where they dont gotta let their wage workers observe it anyway.

"oh goodness we cant shut down the slave center where thr amazon pick and packer has to get the dildos boxed in under 30 seconds heres some money for your reelection fund mister senator please add an exemption for 'vital logistics.'"

*management votes by mail and spends the day golfing*

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 6, 2017

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
There is absolutely no loving way you could ever pay me enough to work in an airport in any capacity.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Justin Godscock posted:

There is absolutely no loving way you could ever pay me enough to work in an airport in any capacity.

What if you got to drive little old ladies around in that golf cart thing inside the terminals and scream at everyone to gtfo of your way and run them over if they don't??

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I always find that there is some weird sort of antagonism between security and passengers in US airports which I rarely experience anywhere else, is it a cultural thing?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's because we willingly traded our dignity for security theater

Last 5/6 times I flew I had to let a dude cup my balls. Because I could have terror implements taped to them.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

unpacked robinhood posted:

lolled but he still tweetin

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

I always find that there is some weird sort of antagonism between security and passengers in US airports which I rarely experience anywhere else, is it a cultural thing?

It's a job in this country that no one with a real shot at a decent future would ever consider doing. And yet it's highly visible and mostly unnecessary.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jel Shaker posted:

Idk but now that you mention it yeah I guess I have noticed that lol

I was in Chicago and people were mobbing some TSA dude because he had to check their boarding passes first before they lined up for the machines. He ended up letting me go before any of them just because I got there, saw that happening, and stood off to the side a bit with a "lol" expression on my face instead of joining the crowd of people yelling and waving their boarding passes at him.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Here we go folks hot off the presses

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/us/politics/travel-ban-muslim-trump.html

quote:

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday signed a revised version of his executive order barring migrants from predominantly Muslim nations, removing citizens from Iraq from the original travel embargo and scrapping a provision that explicitly protected religious minorities.

Round 2 Electric Court Bugaloo

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Pawn 17 posted:

Verily I Shat is still with her lol.

Wrong

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Pawn 17 posted:

Unfortunately, this has been going on since 2008 in the US and is also a thing in other countries. You can be compelled to unlock your computer and give over encryption keys at the border without any evidence against you. This includes work laptops with sensitive data and IP.

Your ignorance is boring.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Jel Shaker posted:

Honestly, it depends on where you go and if you happen to come across an rear end in a top hat on your way. I've experienced some really antagonistic and rude security in several other countries you would assume are professional/competent and also some really awesome security in countries where you would think it would be even worse than the US.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Verily I Shat posted:

Your ignorance is boring.

https://skift.com/2014/01/01/judge-rules-u-s-homeland-security-can-search-laptops-at-airports/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jonathanwakeham/status/837448204375445504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

this posting is very not lol my friend can we agree to get back to lols pleasr

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Another incredibly funny side effect of the Trump administration are the americans who are now constantly crying about how this is the end of the world. How insular and self-centered do you have to be to equate your country's decline with the destruction of the entire civilized world. Yeah Trump is doing bad things but you do realize that outside your borders there are still tons of countries that are progressing and improving every day?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jel Shaker posted:

how refreshing to go back to straight up racism and religious discrimination rather than all that distasteful Russia / election fraud chaos

I used to be afraid to lol in public.

After the election I can express my feelings without fear. I can lol in public, long and loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

kikkelivelho posted:

Another incredibly funny side effect of the Trump administration are the americans who are now constantly crying about how this is the end of the world. How insular and self-centered do you have to be to equate your country's decline with the destruction of the entire civilized world. Yeah Trump is doing bad things but you do realize that outside your borders there are still tons of countries that are progressing and improving every day?

But we are the LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD. If we go down, won't the rest follow?

lol I bet a lot of old folk believe this unironically.