Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Some people believe every other country is a P zombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jel Shaker posted:

I always find that there is some weird sort of antagonism between security and passengers in US airports which I rarely experience anywhere else, is it a cultural thing?

I don't think it's cultural. I think most people want to feel safe and secure, but the methods to make people safe and secure are irritating and invasive, so there is a natural antagonism. I'm not a threat but I am treated as one. Also, airport security is a fiction.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Another incredibly funny side effect of the Trump administration are the americans who are now constantly crying about how this is the end of the world. How insular and self-centered do you have to be to equate your country's decline with the destruction of the entire civilized world. Yeah Trump is doing bad things but you do realize that outside your borders there are still tons of countries that are progressing and improving every day?

bro these people probably could pick out Mexico and Canada on a globe and that's it

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The Trump presidency is like a massive meteor hitting Earth and wiping out humanity, except worse.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I like the part where you put your hands over your head so TSA can take a picture of your dong. One time I did a pelvic thrust and got yelled at.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

quote:

Skift is the largest industry intelligence platform providing MEDIA, INSIGHTS and MARKETING to key sectors of travel.

HERE is what we do: Skift DECIPHERS and DEFINES global travel trends.

HERE is who we do it for: MARKETERS, STRATEGISTS and TECHNOLOGISTS in the global travel industry.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

"You know I've never even been on a boat like...well I've been on a boat, but I mean, not like this!! It's crazy!! I mean, right? These things are yuge and all the secret weaponry like...well I mean...can you believe our folks in the military? Just incredible. Incredible folks. My first time at sea and the captain asks me if I'd like to take the helm and... I mean, how can you not? right? So anyhow... oh by the way our navy is the best, just the best folks. Unbelievable these guys. And girls! I even saw a woman sailor...with all these men...out at sea for all those months...it's crazy right?? So anyhow I start steering this...big war...this boat right? Captain says I'm a natural. The best he has ever seen. Who knew right? I mean in a way, I was responsible...I had to lead all those men...well like, it's almost like... going into battle right?? Just amazing, really amazing. Hey, maybe I'll be a ship captain if this whole president thing doesn't...I mean, well...you have to have backup plan right? We have to be prepared for anything and believe me...we are...we really are folks. "

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

kikkelivelho posted:

Another incredibly funny side effect of the Trump administration are the americans who are now constantly crying about how this is the end of the world. How insular and self-centered do you have to be to equate your country's decline with the destruction of the entire civilized world. Yeah Trump is doing bad things but you do realize that outside your borders there are still tons of countries that are progressing and improving every day?

He has nukes

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

hmm that would certainly explain why my country turned into an inhospitable nuclear wasteland 2 months ago

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

"You know I've never even been on a boat like...well I've been on a boat, but I mean, not like this!! It's crazy!! I mean, right? These things are yuge and all the secret weaponry like...well I mean...can you believe our folks in the military? Just incredible. Incredible folks. My first time at sea and the captain asks me if I'd like to take the helm and... I mean, how can you not? right? So anyhow... oh by the way our navy is the best, just the best folks. Unbelievable these guys. And girls! I even saw a woman sailor...with all these men...out at sea for all those months...it's crazy right?? So anyhow I start steering this...big war...this boat right? Captain says I'm a natural. The best he has ever seen. Who knew right? I mean in a way, I was responsible...I had to lead all those men...well like, it's almost like... going into battle right?? Just amazing, really amazing. Hey, maybe I'll be a ship captain if this whole president thing doesn't...I mean, well...you have to have backup plan right? We have to be prepared for anything and believe me...we are...we really are folks. "

Did he say this or did you write it? There's no way to tell.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

It's a job in this country that no one with a real shot at a decent future would ever consider doing. And yet it's highly visible and mostly unnecessary.

So what you're saying is TSA are the underdog common folk striking back against the bourgie fat cats taking unnecessary plane flights?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The best part about nukes is that the order to launch order has been given at least twice (that we know of) and it's only sheer dumb luck/soldiers disobeying orders and getting shitcanned that has prevented nuclear war so far.

This is extremely lol btw

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
lol i still can't wait to see this administration try to handle a crisis that they didn't create on their own. i want to see them try and tackle something like a major earthquake in Vancouver or a huge hurricane on the Atlantic seacoast or something. I don't wish that they'd happen, but boy will it be crazy when something inevitably does.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 6, 2017

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

kikkelivelho posted:

hmm that would certainly explain why my country turned into an inhospitable nuclear wasteland 2 months ago

good thing the nukes expired immediately after he took office. whew

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

gonadic io posted:

The best part about nukes is that the order to launch order has been given at least twice (that we know of) and it's only sheer dumb luck/soldiers disobeying orders and getting shitcanned that has prevented nuclear war so far.

This is extremely lol btw

Well lucky for Trump the guy at the switch is probably going to be a depressed drone pilot trained to press the kill button without really thinking about it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Well lucky for Trump the guy at the switch is probably going to be a depressed drone pilot trained to press the kill button without really thinking about it

Drone pilots are trained the same way as rats with an electroshock punishment if they don't press the button, and cheetos if they do press the button.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

A little less conversation a little more lollin.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Why would you have to train drone pilots when the Millgram Experiment shows that if you have someone who looks in charge ordering it, even a random schlub off the street will vaporize a wedding without a second thought?

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Jel Shaker posted:

I always find that there is some weird sort of antagonism between security and passengers in US airports which I rarely experience anywhere else, is it a cultural thing?

People are sooo angry that they cant take any guns on the plane. My rightssss

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pawn 17 posted:

LOL, gently caress me, I'm telling you this is some straight Holden Caulfield poo poo. I can't wait until he calls someone a phony.

Question: If a certain gentleman had some money that he wanted to place in a wager, say that maybe a certain gentleman wouldn't complete his 4 year term as a politician, where would you send that money? Theoretically?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

Why would you have to train drone pilots when the Millgram Experiment shows that if you have someone who looks in charge ordering it, even a random schlub off the street will vaporize a wedding without a second thought?

Bc the Milgram experiment is a bunch of unreproducible bullshit actually that only is part of our general "knowledge" because the media can't report science correctly.

quote:

After an investigation of the test, Australian psychologist Gina Perry re-evaluated Milgram's data and stated that Milgram had manipulated his results. "Overall, over half disobeyed," Perry stated. She found, contrary to the popular version, that there is a "troubling mismatch between (published) descriptions of the experiment and evidence of what actually transpired". She concludes, that many subjects didn't in fact believe in the reality of the experiments, that "at some level, they'd seen through the ruse" and that it is "more truthful to say that only half of the people who undertook the experiment fully believed it was real, and of those, two-thirds (i.e. some 17 per cent of all) disobeyed the experimenter". On the Holocaust connection, Perry writes: "You have this neat analogy (with the Holocaust). But without that rhetorical framework, Milgram's experiments become no more than reality TV. It's clothed as science and, once clothed as science, you can sell it as science. The rhetorical framing is crucial to the survival of the obedience studies."[21][22]

also btw the Stanford Prison Experiment is even more full of poo poo.

And also many drone pilots end up having crazy PTSD and other mental issues afterwards because you can't kill hundreds of people by remote and still remain a sane well adjusted person.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/23/us/drone-pilots-found-to-get-stress-disorders-much-as-those-in-combat-do.html

quote:

In the first study of its kind, researchers with the Defense Department have found that pilots of drone aircraft experience mental health problems like depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress at the same rate as pilots of manned aircraft who are deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 6, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I would expect drone pilots to have even more mental issues than conventional military pilots. Yes, both groups kill a bunch of people who can't defend themselves over basically a bunch of nonsense. But at least "fighter pilot" is a job that is cool and sexy, unlike "drone pilot" which is lame and not sexy.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Resdfru posted:

good thing the nukes expired immediately after he took office. whew

Would you say that Trump threatens all life on Earth or is it just us humans?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

I would expect drone pilots to have even more mental issues than conventional military pilots. Yes, both groups kill a bunch of people who can't defend themselves over basically a bunch of nonsense. But at least "fighter pilot" is a job that is cool and sexy, unlike "drone pilot" which is lame and not sexy.

Remake Top Gun but with drone pilots. And the bulk of the movie is the beach volleyball scene.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

Bc the Milgram experiment is a bunch of unreproducible bullshit actually that only is part of our general "knowledge" because the media can't report science correctly.

also btw the Stanford Prison Experiment is even more full of poo poo.

And also many drone pilots end up having crazy PTSD and other mental issues afterwards because you can't kill hundreds of people by remote and still remain a sane well adjusted person.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/23/us/drone-pilots-found-to-get-stress-disorders-much-as-those-in-combat-do.html

Straw clutching 101

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Chomp8645 posted:

The drone pilots get picked on a lot as well. Not that I feel particularly sorry for them, but it just sounds like a super hosed up job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Lt88KXzIQ

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Cthulu Carl posted:

Remake Top Gun but with drone pilots. And the bulk of the movie is the beach volleyball scene.

No, the bulk of the movie is the sex scene, with tom cruise removed

Verily I Shat fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 6, 2017

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

I honestly thought it was higher but I did a cursory fact check on it before my post and saw the same thing about them experiencing mental issues at the same rate as combat pilots. This means I've put more personal research into one shitpost than Trump has put into everything he's said as president, I guess, that's just what I heard

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Verily I Shat posted:

No, the bulk of the movie is the sex scene, with tom cruise removed

I don't see how that's different from what I said :confused:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
We should just set a bunch of killer robots loose against ISIS and let people play them like a real-life video game.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Cthulu Carl posted:

I don't see how that's different from what I said :confused:

gently caress

Also, SCENE

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
I guess i was thinking volley ball, the woman is cooking eggs and bacon on her body under the court, and the guys all run off to have sex together.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

kikkelivelho posted:

Yea sry bout that, it's what we've been trying to warn you about tho

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Tumble posted:

We should just set a bunch of killer robots loose against ISIS and let people play them like a real-life video game.

Was this the joke? Cuz we already got robots controlled by dorks with joysticks murdering people

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/violetblue/status/838837198287884288

The Clinton Trump body count

I find it highly suspicious that a man with international ties in business and politics knows or has met 8 people around the age of 70 who have died. I demand a full investigation and hearty lols

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

Was this the joke? Cuz we already got robots controlled by dorks with joysticks murdering people

Its cool as hell these guys still get PTSD

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Zzulu posted:

i want to be able to pay somebody 150 bucks for an hour or so on one of those suckers

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tumble posted:

i want to be able to pay somebody 150 bucks for an hour or so on one of those suckers

Armed rentals slightly higher

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I want to get brutally killed by at least one (1) drone.

e: hey, Burt Sexual!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy