Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Harrow posted:

Look at the fruit on the trees. One of them is different from the others. Make that one look like the others by picking/shooting down the apples the other trees don't have.

Do those trees respawn if I did the wrong thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015

a harpy posted:

I haven't seen anyone say theirs doesn't have 20 hearts. Pretty sure the game shipped with code that says ANY tphd save = 20 heart wolf link. Mine has 20 as well and I'm the same as you.

Well now you have :P

Mine only has three ;(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lord Wexia posted:

Do those trees respawn if I did the wrong thing?

Probably. I think everything respawns except chests. Not sure what the timer is, though.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
The way I solved Lost Woods, seems stupid in hindsight...I figured that you had to avoid passing in front of the faces trees had and made my route that way. :shepface:

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Harrow posted:

Look at the fruit on the trees. One of them is different from the others. Make that one look like the others by picking/shooting down the apples the other trees don't have.

God drat this is the best game, too bad I have no idea where I was and will probably never find it again.

I'm guessing it is a Korok seed puzzle?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

gently caress the Korok Trails Lost Pilgrimage quest. For real, it's so frustrating. Oaki bugged out and just stood there for some reason, cause a wolf ran out and I had no idea what to do. I figured I should talk to him since he didn't move for 5 minutes and then he threw a tantrum and forced me to do it again. I rage quit and am gonna make a sandwich and sleep.

gently caress sneak missions, yo. I tried shooting the wolf but it was too quick and escaped.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Those of you that play Switch in TV mode and have finished Lost Woods - how was the frame rate for you around the Master Sword pedestal? I see tons of people saying that they don't have that severe frame rate issues in the game, and I'm starting to wonder if it's some issue that's not consistent across all Switch consoles.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ymgve posted:

Those of you that play Switch in TV mode and have finished Lost Woods - how was the frame rate for you around the Master Sword pedestal? I see tons of people saying that they don't have that severe frame rate issues in the game, and I'm starting to wonder if it's some issue that's not consistent across all Switch consoles.

Awful, stuttery janky mess. Just like OoT

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I was just about to post here that nobody should ever spoil the Lost Woods because figuring that out has been one of my favorite moments in a game filled with them and everybody should get to feel smart for figuring that out on their own.

Oh well, there's a whole lot of really good puzzles in this.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

ymgve posted:

I got severe frame drops throughout that entire area. It was a slideshow at times, with how low the FPS was. It's all the bloom and ambient occlusion added with the tonnes of grass blades, I think.

dublish posted:

I was just about to post here that nobody should ever spoil the Lost Woods because figuring that out has been one of my favorite moments in a game filled with them and everybody should get to feel smart for figuring that out on their own.

Oh well, there's a whole lot of really good puzzles in this.

Is there a puzzle I'm failing to see with Oaki? I was gonna throw something ahead of us on the path, so I saved before I talked to him. But it's bugged my save cause the picture shows me stealthed in the grass but when I load in, I'm booted back to the start where the parent is.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Loopoo posted:

gently caress the Korok Trails Lost Pilgrimage quest. For real, it's so frustrating. Oaki bugged out and just stood there for some reason, cause a wolf ran out and I had no idea what to do. I figured I should talk to him since he didn't move for 5 minutes and then he threw a tantrum and forced me to do it again. I rage quit and am gonna make a sandwich and sleep.

gently caress sneak missions, yo. I tried shooting the wolf but it was too quick and escaped.

Save scum that one it's really annoying and yeah kill the wolf

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Alright nintendo now do this concept with metroid so I can get old super metroid vibes

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Lemming posted:

Save scum that one it's really annoying and yeah kill the wolf

I did save, but it won't let me load back in at that moment. I just get pushed back to the start. I wanted to kill the wolf but it disappeared off and I had no idea where it went.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I get frame drops on my tv but never a slidwshow levels of bad, usually just enough to notice but playing WoW on a potato as a kid made me not that angry about frames. Zero portable frame drops though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Alright nintendo now do this concept with metroid so I can get old super metroid vibes

This game practically makes me think the Shiekah eventually become the Chozo, and Samus is Zelda. Ganon is... I dunno, phazon?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wish more voiced cutscenes had more than just Link and a person in it because the fact Link is silent makes the dialog way more jilted

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

That would be pretty amazing and I'd play the gently caress out of that.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kenshin posted:

That would be pretty amazing and I'd play the gently caress out of that.

Just have it be planets instead of zones and don't voice Samus in cutscenes

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

parallelodad posted:

This game practically makes me think the Shiekah eventually become the Chozo, and Samus is Zelda. Ganon is... I dunno, phazon?

This is great, but it means that Link would have to be one of Samus's lovely male superior officer characters since there's no real equivalent otherwise.

Samus is the Girl Link we've been clamoring for, and Zelda is the suit.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Loopoo posted:

Is there a puzzle I'm failing to see with Oaki? I was gonna throw something ahead of us on the path, so I saved before I talked to him. But it's bugged my save cause the picture shows me stealthed in the grass but when I load in, I'm booted back to the start where the parent is.

I got caught the first time with Oaki because when he shouted "Help me, Hero!" I thought I should jump out. The second time, I just shot the wolf once it showed up.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Hey man Link has a nice feminine waist isn't that enough

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think I need to explore a slight bit less because I have made almost no story progress. i've seen tutorial zone and two zones other than that. how have I spent 20 hours on this already

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

eonwe posted:

i think I need to explore a slight bit less because I have made almost no story progress. i've seen tutorial zone and two zones other than that. how have I spent 20 hours on this already

Exploring is the game imo, bee lining isn't nearly as chill than accidentally stumbling on the story like I did with the zora

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i know this has probably been asked a billion times but whats the best food to sell for the best value/time investment?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Your Computer posted:

The different outfits Link has worn in previous games. You get them from their respective amiibos.

I grew up with the early Zelda games and my first Zelda game that I bought with my own money was Link's Awakening, so no matter how goofy this will always be my favorite Link:

Similarly for me OOT is the poo poo, I played LttP and Link's Awakening a ton but I played sooooo much Ocarina.

This game finally made me cave and buy a dumb amiibo. I need the Hero of Time's armor. I NEED IT.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sudo rm -rf posted:

i know this has probably been asked a billion times but whats the best food to sell for the best value/time investment?

Generally just go for max hearts. Bonus effects don't tend to sell for much. So just simple things really, like 5 apples or 5 mushrooms will give you something that should sell for as much as 100 rupees. Things like meat and salt can do well too. But usually anything like 'heat resist' is just ignored for the value of the item.

Sometimes though if you make something like double-armor or double-attack it can sell for a lot too.

eonwe posted:

Its how the game is designed. The main quests and dungeons are super cool but you're very much meant to be distracted all the time with side quests and exploring. You could probably speedrun this game in a few hours easy if you just beelined from point A to point B. But there's SO much to enjoy if you stop and smell the roses.

I've played the game for most of the entire weekend and I've only done a couple main story quests total.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ya i just cant believe how little I feel like ive done

its amazing

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Generally just go for max hearts. Bonus effects don't tend to sell for much. So just simple things really, like 5 apples or 5 mushrooms will give you something that should sell for as much as 100 rupees. Things like meat and salt can do well too. But usually anything like 'heat resist' is just ignored for the value of the item.

Sometimes though if you make something like double-armor or double-attack it can sell for a lot too.

I made a 5-apple thing once and it only sold for 60 rupees.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

HEY I THREW A BOMB IN A POND AND NOW I'VE GOT ALL THE FISH GOTY GOAT

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Your Computer posted:

You can bomb them, spear them, shoot them, bait them, probably electrocute them.. what more options do you need? :v:
You can also grab them while swimming, and a bass jumped right on my raft during a rainstorm once as well.

And apparently one amiibo makes it rain fish....

sudo rm -rf posted:

Meat's pretty profitable, especially if you can find a place with wild cattle. Takes 2 arrows to bring them down, but they drop 2 or 3 chunks of the good stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

sudo rm -rf posted:

There's a minigame in the Hatane farm where you have to hunt some deer. It's free to participate and cooking five of the meats the deer give you will net you a 210 rupee dish. The only problem with it is that you'll need to bring your own arrows.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I vaguely wish I'd decided to wait to buy this until I got a Switch because the idea of having a game this great and expansive on a handheld is pretty exciting. I guess I'll just have to re-buy it when I get a Switch one day and hope that I'm in the mood to play through again.

Would be amazing if there was a way to transfer my save but this just ain't that kind of situation.

siggy2021 posted:

I'm guessing it is a Korok seed puzzle?

Yup.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It me, the guy terrible at finding shrines.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am going to repeat something I said earlier: Turn off the map and sheikah sensor and just walk around. You will come across shrines on complete accident if you aren't looking for them

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Exploring is the game imo, bee lining isn't nearly as chill than accidentally stumbling on the story like I did with the zora

So I'm not the only one this happened to. :hfive:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've been wondering, what's the "intended" route in this game? I've been to a lot of really terrifying areas (central hyrule, mount lanayru, that horrible tower with all the lightning wizzrobes and black/yellow lizalfos) and fought a lot of stuff I have no business fighting with like 4 hearts and a 12 dmg sword. I went to Kakariko pretty early, as well as the Hateno lab but then I just kinda went all over the place after that. I think I read someone in this thread suggesting Zora -> Gerudo -> ??? I can't really remember.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I had good luck setting sheika sensor to find ore veins and just selling all the gems. Can make a few thousand on 20 minutes of work.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I've been wondering, what's the "intended" route in this game? I've been to a lot of really terrifying areas (central hyrule, mount lanayru, that horrible tower with all the lightning wizzrobes and black/yellow lizalfos) and fought a lot of stuff I have no business fighting with like 4 hearts and a 12 dmg sword. I went to Kakariko pretty early, as well as the Hateno lab but then I just kinda went all over the place after that. I think I read someone in this thread suggesting Zora -> Gerudo -> ??? I can't really remember.

The game nudges you towards the Zora first, I think, since the first memory hint directs you to the base of Lanayru and the Zora encounter you on the way. After that I think it's anything goes.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Your Computer posted:

There's a Goron in Zora town, which is near karikiko and that Goron is like "check out death mountain." The game seems to want you to go from right to left.

Despera fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Despera posted:

There's a Goron in Zora town, which is near karikiko

"Near"