Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

kill la kill took one of my least favorite genres of anime, magic girl (think: sailor moon), and made it into something fantastic that is amazing great till like, the last two episodes when its just alright.

they must not have know how exactly they wanted to wrap it up, also i actually like sailor moon, so i might check kill la kill out :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBcQudUBO0I

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

kill la kill took one of my least favorite genres of anime, magic girl (think: sailor moon), and made it into something fantastic that is amazing great till like, the last two episodes when its just alright.

but you got tuxedo minister ruling you in ottowa lololol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

klk sucks lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what are ur favorite anime then jesus christo

also i mean, just saying something sucks when obviously its okay if not good if not great is inflamatory and not cool

anyhow

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
cromartie is the best anime balooney you know it to be true! ! !!!

shin chan and milk chan are also acceptable :youdumbass:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

my favorite anime is family guy

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

my favorite anime is family guy

mormonnucleartippedpartyboat

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I don't think the last two episodes are the low point of the series but I'd be hard pressed to pick out a time I think is. It might be less fun because they spend way less time being goofy about stuff with the stakes so raised.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

mormonnucleartippedpartyboat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvEj5iZMEpU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

My current jam is The Saga of Tanya the Evil. The premise is fun to explain.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Baloogan posted:

too many to list lol. probably Katanagatari? I also love Chihayafuru a lot. And Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The best animes are the ones where people talk a lot and it takes entire episodes to cover like, ten seconds of action. I love sports shows and jojo and hunter x hunter and kaiji

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
my favorite anime, as is p well known in cspam is legend of galactic heroes

my introduction to anime was a bootleg nth generation vhs of akira then like, some epsidodes in the middle of logh with nearly unreadable subs

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i can't believe that no one has done a better space opera than logh :/

like logh is great but why o why is it literally the best space opera ever, please sci fi please write something space opera yeee

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
expanse is like, okay, but its not yet space opera. expanse is like, the first stanza of a space opera where theres a opening with a single voice before it builds into something utterly extravagant

expanse is a good preamble to a space opera, but it isn't a space opera :/

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i have serious opinons about space opera and anime

u wanna fight about it???

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Trump didn't make space operas great again you voted for nothing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

in space, no1 can hear u sing

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Trump didn't make space operas great again you voted for nothing

he voted for gary, thats less than nothing

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
be a libertarian

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

he voted for gary, thats less than nothing

I don't think I can be friends with Baloogan anymore

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what can i say, i found his ignorance endearing

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

mormonpartyboat posted:

in space, no1 can hear u sing

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

The best animes are the ones where people talk a lot and it takes entire episodes to cover like, ten seconds of action. I love sports shows and jojo and hunter x hunter and kaiji
Omg, someone else has seen kaiji

~zawa~

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk-W4m8tBW4

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan posted:

yes

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan posted:

also i mean, just saying something sucks when obviously its okay if not good if not great is inflamatory and not cool

anyhow

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

.hack//sign and ghost in the shell stand alone complex are the most exposition heavy animes

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

.hack//sign and ghost in the shell stand alone complex are the most exposition heavy animes

gits ? maybe if you dont count dbz

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

gits ? maybe if you dont count dbz

watch the episode of gits titled "chat"

at least i think that's what it was called. ep 13? can't remember!!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko posted:

every single patlabor movie has a long, boring philosophical monologue in the middle for no real reason

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I only enjoyed sign because I played the first game and loved that.
The second game ruined what I liked about the first game though.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
torment: tides of numenera is good

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

A WILD BALOOGAN APPEARS :tinsley:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

A WILD BALOOGAN APPEARS :tinsley:

You use your Six-Pack! ITS HIGHLY EFFECTIVE

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Are we human

Or are we dancers

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and im on my knees

looking for the asnwer

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

sig midterm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y
:yayclod:

• Locked thread