Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

lol Mulvaney is the point person behind healthcare and what's its gonna look like post ACA

the more and more I hear about Mulvaney the more I am convinced he will be responsible for some of the most incredibly stupid poo poo to ever happen in world history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Montasque posted:

I just tuned into Hannity's show for a few minutes. He's building the case that Comey needs to be fired.

Good.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

you really don't need to

you're living it right now, literally.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lastgirl posted:

lying will drain it, don't lie

its all a game okay

u get caught lying, ur political capital takes like a -1 hit

your national discourse is at stake

well fortunately you get that capital back by making unhinged tweets so its basically free

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

VectorSigma posted:

his grammar is so bad that i can't tell if he used the right or wrong principal/principle in this one. i had a better grasp of the english language when i was 10 lmao
well, was your mind decaying from probably syphilis or KFC when you were 10? Checkmate, libs :smug:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Consummate Professional posted:

I've never played final fantasy 7

Don't bother it's over rated

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

tenderjerk posted:

well, was your mind decaying from probably syphilis or KFC when you were 10? Checkmate, libs :smug:

this meme makes less sense than the administration at this point

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

https://twitter.com/iasipmeme/status/836409256656130048

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Consummate Professional posted:

I've never played final fantasy 7

You missed the boat, JRPG's from that era are nigh unplayable after this many years of QOL improvements.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Our first legendary construction!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Coolguye posted:

so what i'm hearing is that we should organize a botnet to tweet him daily about the cool stuff o-bomber was doing this early on in his presidency and let his napoleon complex eat him alive.

uh that would actually be most excellent

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You missed the boat, JRPG's from that era are nigh unplayable after this many years of QOL improvements.

eh it's a learning curve really

I still play FF5 nearly every year for the fiesta

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/838862131852369922

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/838867687002492933

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The only good jrpg is Charles Barkley shut up and jam gaiden

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/838859071277129730

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

wapo article posted:

His daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner — celebrated as calming influences on the tempestuous president — joined him. But they were helpless to contain his fury.

Trump was mad — steaming, raging mad.

:bisonyes:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

i knew all mods are the same!!!

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lamo that fix article gets even worse

quote:

Do me a quick favor. Hit pause on your temptation to either cheer or jeer what Sanders said and let this marinate: A prominent U.S. senator just described the president of the United States as a frequent and “shameless” liar, a claim that for reasons I'll explain is difficult to prove. What's more, what Sanders said about President Trump is one of a bazillion hefty criticisms that Democrats have lobbed and will lob at the president this week alone.

Put another way: One side of the aisle is accusing the president straight-up of lying. In 2017, that's just another day in politics.

This is the state of our political discourse right now. Political norms — like, don't accuse the president of the United States of lying without evidence, or don't accuse the former president of the United States of wiretapping your phones without evidence — have been eviscerated. There are no rules right now in politics about what you can/can't or should/shouldn't say.

Why should you care it exists at all? Well, the manifestation of such no-holds-barred rhetoric is often a lot of talk and not a lot of action.

Say you have a job, and say within that job you have a colleague, and say said colleague is, in your mind, a frequent and “shameless” liar. You're probably not going to want to give that colleague the time of day. The reverse is true, too: If you're asked to work with someone who just told the entire office that you're a liar, well, screw him, right?

the literal wrongest of takes

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I liked ff tactics

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

whats that Tie-y? you want to play golf????? but we have these important papers to sign

ok Tie-y, just one EO then we'll go play golf. You know i cant say know to you

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/838823452383592448

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How will Republicans and Democrats work together with all the name calling!?!?!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Chaffetz to be on Hannity soon.

He's going to announce on his show that they are going to investigate the Obama admin for wiretapping Trump.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
the best negotiation tactic is just let the other side make poo poo up. I read that in the art of war, or art of the deal, or something.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I've worked for DAs and high level financial firm execs who literally have 1234 as their pw. I'm surprised we even have a budget at all for cyber espionage.

"hello yes this is Tig Bitties in IT and we need to install an update on your computer, what's your password so we can log in?"

works a large percentage of the time

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Donkwich posted:

what a gently caress up.

people like them are why we had the Missouri Compromise instead of just getting rid of slavery.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Donkwich posted:

"YOU LIE!!!!"

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

(check out scotch tape)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

mintskoal posted:

"hello yes this is Tig Bitties in IT and we need to install an update on your computer, what's your password so we can log in?"

works a large percentage of the time

yeah, it's crazy easy to get people to cough up their passwords for the magic job box in their office or at home.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Donkwich posted:

"Let's not resort to name calling"

*tower guards begin firing at prisoners trapped in pen*

"to call one side murderers, the other side destroys the discourse of our -*BULLET FLIES THROUGH SPACE WHERE BRAIN SHOULD BE* " -country. This is just another normal day in the year - *FIFTY MORE BULLETS RIDDLE BODY*"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Coolguye posted:

so what i'm hearing is that we should organize a botnet to tweet him daily about the cool stuff o-bomber was doing this early on in his presidency and let his napoleon complex eat him alive.

He won't read it unless Fox and Friends and Morning Joe gets their screen overlays hijacked with it.

baloogan.jpg

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Office Pig posted:

the more and more I hear about Mulvaney the more I am convinced he will be responsible for some of the most incredibly stupid poo poo to ever happen in world history

The guy made his name making women take unnecessary ultrasounds, so he's scum as well, but yeah he's plenty stupid

quote:

Well, Mulvaney followed that up by, after not voting to re-open the government, he made an outrageous claim that money was set aside in the new budget… for Ugandan Warlord Joseph Kony:

“Finally, the ‘deal’ is full of pork. A dam project in Kentucky got extra money; the state of Colorado got money to help with its flooding; and the ‘Lord’s Resistance Army’ received special funds. Those may be worth discussing, but that will never happen now, as they were crammed into this ‘deal’ in order to help it pass. So much for the ‘clean’ bill that my Democrat colleagues said they wanted so badly.”

The “Lord’s Resistance Army”, of course, is Kony’s Ugandan rebel group that is infamous for kidnapping children and turning them either into soldiers or sex slaves. Why in the HELL any money would be given to them… in any event, Mulvaney’s communications director took the blame, saying that the statement was because of a “typo” on her part. What slip of the keys made her somehow type out twenty incorrect characters, or what Mulvaney had actually meant, of course, they neglected to say.

http://republicinsanity.tumblr.com/post/147135459613/mick-mulvaney

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

oh poo poo this is why he thinks his calls were being taped!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:mamacita:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So have Ben Carson's comments today already been discussed and left for dead?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/838838816517603328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Our first legendary construction!

heck yeah

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

financially racist posted:

bad dems are reading this article while jizzing in their pants

"finally, the article for me, the spineless shill who just wants people to like me without having to take stands for or against anything meaningful."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

you really don't need to

you're living it right now, literally.

Who is Shinra? Exxon?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Donkwich posted:

(check out scotch tape)

what kind of fukkin rube tapes his tie?

• Locked thread