Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/charlesrobinson/status/838808861075210240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

He didn't sniff 500 yards last season amd his production dropped every year in Miami.

Also his catch rate noticeably increased in Baltimore.

"every year in Miami" was two years, so his production dropped once from year to year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

"every year in Miami" was two years, so his production dropped once from year to year

I misread that too when I looked him up, the sub 500 yard year was MIN and not MIA.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah, I misread his stats and included his garbo Vikings season with his Miami seasons somehow. :haw:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, I misread his stats and included his garbo Vikings season with his Miami seasons somehow. :haw:

You have to wonder what inexplicable decisions in the Vikings FO led to that signing.

"Hmmmm... we have a deep threat WR with a catching radius smaller than the thermal exhaust port on the Death Star. You think he'd be a good fit with Teddy "Black Alex Smith Minus the Athleticism" Bridgewater?"

"Fuuuuck... why not?"

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I didn't pay much attention to Cooks this past year, but he was a monster the season before, I think it was his rookie year? How come he's being traded? Dude struck me as a low end #1 or a top tier #2 WR.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I read on the internet that he is a me-player.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Chichevache posted:

You have to wonder what inexplicable decisions in the Vikings FO led to that signing.

"Hmmmm... we have a deep threat WR with a catching radius smaller than the thermal exhaust port on the Death Star. You think he'd be a good fit with Teddy "Black Alex Smith Minus the Athleticism" Bridgewater?"

"Fuuuuck... why not?"

*Triple-checks stats because apparently I have the reading comprehension of a gnat today*

Pretty much.

Also his OL was terrible in pass protection that season (and the season before), so even if he was secretly a good deep ball passer, he had no time in the pocket to do so anyway.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

When was the last time a team let a young, healthy, rising potential-franchise-QB hit free agency? Just wondering how unique this Redskins gently caress up is

without hindsight maybe matt flynn

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

well gently caress the panthers

This means they are gonna try to go after Okung doesn't it? :shepicide:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sean10mm posted:

*Triple-checks stats because apparently I have the reading comprehension of a gnat today*

Pretty much.

Also his OL was terrible in pass protection that season (and the season before), so even if he was secretly a good deep ball passer, he had no time in the pocket to do so anyway.

Oh so kinda like Miamis line was simply brutal hence Wallace being more of a RAC guy because we had no time to use him.

Arguing stats outta context is one thing but even the stats don't support your argument

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

So I already admitted I was wrong... and you're still mad? :confused:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

hifi posted:

without hindsight maybe brock osweiler

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I don't remember the Vinny T stuff but Matt Flynn and Brock were both backups that were seen as promising starters, although Brock never really looked good in Denver. Cousins has had 2 years of good play as a starter, which is rare for a QB outside of the usual 5-7 guys at the top

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sean10mm posted:

So I already admitted I was wrong... and you're still mad? :confused:

No, not at all. I'm saying even if you got the stats right, you're only making an argument based purely off statistics when the variables are different. I'm saying even if your stats were right, your argument is wrong.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I don't remember the Vinny T stuff but Matt Flynn and Brock were both backups that were seen as promising starters, although Brock never really looked good in Denver. Cousins has had 2 years of good play as a starter, which is rare for a QB outside of the usual 5-7 guys at the top
Yeah the specific situation is that they have Cousins who has proven to not be a liability over two plus years worth of starts -who has no backup worth mentioning- and they are going to let him walk. Flynn and Osweiler were both career backups who had a few starts under their belts where the team let them walk when their contracts expired; Flynn was backing up Aaron Rodgers and the Broncos probably knew that Osweiler was not necessarily a good long-term starter.

And for the Broncos it was an interesting PR move - let the presumptive heir to Peyton Manning walk in FA to sign a mega contract instead of keeping him to be the let-down following the departure of an all-time great. Then they drafted Lynch but Siemian looked respectable, I guess, and got most of the starts. Its all kinda bizarre I guess.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

i forgive you and so does Ryan

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/838839227328643075

what? how

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why don't the Rams keep Britt?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

probably just texting him and such, they're not the "panthers organization"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a patagonian cavy posted:

probably just texting him and such, they're not the "panthers organization"

I think it was more "how does a player in this day and age not have an agent?"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Timby posted:

he likes to negotiate hilariously bad contracts for himself that are basically one year rentals with an option that won't get picked up because he's a dumb baby who doesn't want to pay an agent.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Timby posted:

oh yeah in that case I understand the confusion. his deal last year with the Broncos had literally 0 guaranteed money, because he is an idiot

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots sign FB James Develin to a 2 year $2.8m deal.

Yeah, that's fine, he's a good fullbcak.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo o oo o

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

waah posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo o oo o

Please let us have him back for the approximately 9 healthy games he will have.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills cut some players, saved $6 million against the cap.

The only ones of any particular note are Nickell Robey-Coleman (surprising cut, he's a solid slot CB) and Dan Carpenter (bad again).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was going to post a picture of Russell Okung's face looking dumb but there's seriously too many to choose from.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Chad Dukes on CBS Sports in Washington reports that Pierre Garcon requested a trade in the middle of the season last year. The expectation is that neither receiver is coming back.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chad Dukes on CBS Sports in Washington reports that Pierre Garcon requested a trade in the middle of the season last year. The expectation is that neither receiver is coming back.

Who needs a quarterback, or receivers, or a GM who does anything?

:psyduck:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Dan Snyder flew too close to competence last year and his wings have melted.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember that the Panthers let Remmers walk and Oher will never play football again so best case scenario they're looking at half a season of okung and like 10 games of daryl williams.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

sean10mm posted:

A few years ago getting a new GM was the only thing that stopped me from burning all my fan gear and becoming a Ravens fan. This offseason has made me seriously consider getting out the kerosene.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans getting Cooks for the 18th pick and then using #5 on the highest rated CB (Lattimore?) would be fine by me. Two immediate areas of need covered, and that's not including anyone picked up in FA.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember that the Panthers let Remmers walk and Oher will never play football again so best case scenario they're looking at half a season of okung and like 10 games of daryl williams.

And this is how Cam Newton's career ended. Not with a bang, but an Okung.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ha

https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR/status/838863772613808132

49ers cut him

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Someone makes this comment every time a WR becomes available but he's going to sign with the pats and score 15 TDs next season

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Torrey Smith has a cool skillset but the only other place he'd be more miscast then the Patriots would be the Chiefs.

Get him with a big-armed boy and let him go get some DPI's.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Torrey Smith is really bad. I'm glad he's cut. The niners already signed Jeremy Kerley, also known as the only competent WR on their roster. I'd be happy to see the entire rest of them cut loose in favor of free agents and rookies.

Also lol apparently they're talking about mike glennon in SF. I guess, as a one-year rebuilder kind of guy, while they season a whole slew of rookies and implement an entirely new offense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

The Bills cut some players, saved $6 million against the cap.

The only ones of any particular note are Nickell Robey-Coleman (surprising cut, he's a solid slot CB) and Dan Carpenter (bad again).
Yeah, that's a head-scratcher, especially since Gilmore is probably gone as well. Which leaves us with Ronald Darby....and that's it. Maybe they plan to employ the same secondary strategy as the 2016 Panthers?

• Locked thread