Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Waffleman_ posted:

*Closes IMDB's forums eyes like Ezio Auditore*

Requiescat en Pace

Zarla's back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I REALLY WISH GIA AND CLAIRE BECAME TANNER

HONEY B FINE

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
One of my favorite episodes in a long time. And I don't know why, as I've never seen Hamilton, but the opening joke was really funny to me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I really, really want to listen to Talking About Talking About Hamilton

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
Michelle was a brat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wow, Fuller House sounds a lot cooler than I thought.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Waffleman_ posted:

Wow, Fuller House sounds a lot cooler than I thought.

It's difficult to even hate-watch, but it's fun to spring on unwitting friends and watch them as they become visibly disgusted and angry.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nouvelle Vague posted:

Michelle was a brat.

two brats

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You know it's not so weird that one moron wanted to rant about something Michelle did on Full House but it's really weird that multiple people wanted to do it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What was the thing Kumquaxt ended every post with?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ixjuvin posted:

I REALLY WISH GIA AND CLAIRE BECAME TANNER

HONEY B FINE

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay so I was hearing it correctly I guess but what on earth does that mean? I'm not from America and had two TV channels growing up.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Okay so I was hearing it correctly I guess but what on earth does that mean? I'm not from America and had two TV channels growing up.

It means he really desired for both Gia and Claire to some how turn into Tanner.

Honey B Fine.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
Gia was a character on the show, but I don't know about the rest.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

HoboTech posted:

Also the jingles. gently caress the jingles.

Nah, the jingles rule.

EmmyOk posted:

Honey B Fine was probably the poster's signature.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The correct spelling is:

quote:

"I really wish Gia and Claire had became Tanner" - Honeybeefine.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Alaois posted:

I really, really want to listen to Talking About Talking About Hamilton

It also doubles as a My Brother My Brother & Me fancast.

Because they never stop talking about Hamilton, you see.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

but mostly i just really want Lin-Manuel Miranda to go back into the garbage can Immortal Technique put him in in high school

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

but mostly i just really want Lin-Manuel Miranda to go back into the garbage can Immortal Technique put him in in high school

Hell, :same:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The worst part of this whole episode was that drat Hamilton song. Only good Hamilton thing on any podcast was when Chapo live-riffed Lin-Manuel Miranda's Ten Voting Commandments.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This Hamilton allergy some people have developed is more fake than when some moron at work said she was allergic to iceberg lettuce.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Maybe if we're lucky Hamilton will be like Rent and a terrible musical being inexplicably popular with the American populace will be somewhat redeemed by being responsible for creating something truly amazing and beautiful in response to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

RyokoTK posted:

This Hamilton allergy some people have developed is more fake than when some moron at work said she was allergic to iceberg lettuce.

Stunting so hard they sound like Tony Hawk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

:same:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

NO

NO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE "THE RAPPIN' FOUNDING FATHERS"

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Hamilton sucks, 1776 is better. :colbert:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Correct.

Hamilton annoys me because they deliberately left out any mention of slavery because, essentially, bringing it up would be a huge downer.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Correct.

Hamilton annoys me because they deliberately left out any mention of slavery because, essentially, bringing it up would be a huge downer.

There are mentions of slavery but okay.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I have never watched or listened to Hamilton and have no opinion on the subject.

Goodbye!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I think Hamilton is fine but yea 1776 is way better.

Also they do bring up slavery but literally only to have the slave owning founders say 'boy slavery...bad huh?' and it's hilariously forced the like three times it happens. The only accurate time they do it is when they say his wife was an abolitionist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also the fact that Lin Manuel Miranda got put in the literal trash can by Immortal Technique is genuinely hilarious even if you like Hamilton.

Like, there's no more perfect image than of the dude who wrote "Alexander Hamilton had so many people on his dick, both literally and figuratively, and the only people who didn't like him were just jealous of how cool and smart he was" getting put in an actual trashcan by the guy who wrote Revolutionary 1 and 2

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Ixjuvin posted:

I have never watched or listened to Hamilton and have no opinion on the subject.

Goodbye!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ixjuvin posted:

Goodbye!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna be a giant rear end in a top hat here and admit I've found the constant giggling rather grating.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
wiggity wiggity the constitution

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
That song at the beginning was really from Hamilton? I no longer regret avoiding the musical now.

Also, I love Zarla and her adorable laugh :kimchi:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
More like HamilNOT

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Gonna be a giant rear end in a top hat here and admit I've found the constant giggling rather grating.

I still find it cute/endearing. Glad she's wearing less audible jewelry, though.

Also The F Plus seems to be mentioning politics a bit more lately. The Sean Spicer bit was a lot of build up with very little payoff. After Zarla read the comment they just cut over to a new reading and it seemed like it was just included because of current politics. I'm all for making fun of Spicer, but it just felt kind of shoe-horned.

Has anyone done a Freep document before? Would that just be too depressing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I still need to get around to that r/short doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

HoboTech posted:

Has anyone done a Freep document before? Would that just be too depressing?

There's nothing on freep that's mockable in the way that The F Plus mocks things unless you pick on only the literally insane people, and then it gets old really fast. It'd have to be an actual political discussion and I'm not sure that it's a good idea.

Here's savagesusie.

YES HELLO MY NAME IS SAVAGESUSIE AND posted:

Exactly. But what the Marxists need is to have all little children completely believe that males and females are interchangeable to completely destroy Reason and Logic so they are ignorant “happy” slaves (idiots) for Life.

All the Marxist indoctrination is to destroy Reason and the Christian worldview which created the Age of Reason and our Constitution (Free Will and Individualism-—for a collective mindset—group think” which is the ability to NOT think.)

Fichte needed the conditioning done to little children—put into institutions, away from mother and father (destroy the bonding of child to their parents to destroy individualism and the Natural family) which will destroy natural instincts in children and warp them for Life so “snow is black’, Slavery is Freedom, and Boys are Girls. It embeds stupidity and irrationality for Life and destroys Words (meanings) so there is no debate about anything. Just “group-(non)-think”—programmed emotions tied to concepts which destroys the integration of the brain (critical thought).

There are also a few posters like Trump Girl Kit Cat that all talk like this.

quote:

The DEMS have NO brains they are entirely GROUP THINK!!! The LSM and Dems will NEVER be won over they are COMPLETELY BRAINWASHED they are WEAK people with absolutely NO INDIVIDUAL thought!!! WHO CARES what the LSM SPEWS they NO LONGER MATTER!!! I found NEW HOPE when I watched CPAC this year it had been taken over by YOUNG PEOPLE, VERY YOUNG PEOPLE I can’t recall having ever seen CPAC with YOUNG FACES EVERYWHERE!!!! We are WINNING, the screaming violent protests, the BLM, the women’s march with their foul language and pussy hats it is ALL backfiring, Trump has broken through with simple HONEST LANGUAGE and Twitter LSM is DEAD except for the COMPLETELY BRAINWASHED MASSES!!!

Good for shouting, not good for mocking.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 7, 2017